Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

My theory is that Post-Crisis Superman and Lois "belongs" on this Earth more than anyone else because they haven't been altered by Doctor Manhattan, but because the Universe has been altered it's treating them as anomalies.

The Universe is diseased and Post-Crisis Superman is like an antibiotic that's been injected into the Universe.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Comicvine is just a step below 4chan and Reddit when it comes to how scummy it is.

No need to point to them to how well the book is doing. Critical praise, strong sales, its digital performance improving with every new release, and its reception everywhere else is enough to tell you how well the book is performing.
    Sounds like a bad personal experience, but they seem to be quite positive in general which is nice. They also have Billy Batson contributing, which is nicer. Come back home, Billy.

Anyway, there's not a lot of boards out these days to get a good feel of a larger impression made by the books. I'd take word of mouth over sales for sure, though neither are ever too accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Yeah, he's been getting co-writing credits this whole time, even on the Mahnke and Jimenez issues.
    Ah! I haven't been aware of that. Cool .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

]No need to point to them to how well the book is doing. Critical praise, strong sales, its digital performance improving with every new release, and its reception everywhere else is enough to tell you how well the book is performing.
    Oh yeah, without a doubt. The book seems to only be gaining ground, and this issue will likely be a nice sizable boost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Sounds like a bad personal experience, but they seem to be quite positive in general which is nice. They also have Billy Batson contributing, which is nicer. Come back home, Billy.
    I'm not talking about the staff, just the community.

Lots of toxicity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh yeah, without a doubt. The book seems to only be gaining ground, and this issue will likely be a nice sizable boost.
    Digitally, the only DC book outperforming it is Batman.

For the past few releases, it's beaten everything else put out by DC.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That's astounding! When was the last time that happened when Superman was doing so well without a gimmick or " superstar" creator?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

They don't belong only because the world is still damaged at this point. So as of now, they indeed do not "belong" yet. But they will when the world is fixed. Its by no way an indication that they're still going to say New 52 Superman was the true Superman of the world. Even I know that by now.

In any case, it looks good. And here's to hoping this is the first step in a line of steps to ultimately erase the time refugee garbage.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

This looks stunning! I can't wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That's astounding! When was the last time that happened when Superman was doing so well without a gimmick or " superstar" creator?
    This might be the 1st time, but I can't say for certain because I didn't start checking up on digital sales until near the end of the most recent Johns run.

You can tell 'Superman's' performance is due to its positive reception because it's performance has only improved with each new issue, while 'Action Comics' is slowly slipping down the charts. It used to chart higher than 'Star Wars', but recently it has been charting lower.

Both are still doing well, but one climbing higher up the charts with each new release while the other goes down, speaks to the their respective reception I think.

Superman's definitely earned it. Even the first arc, when I was still in extremely bitter mode, I found myself enjoying the content despite myself. Its just a well written, well drawn, immersive book. One of if not the best Rebirth has offered yet. Action needs help. I don't think it'll have the opportunity to get some momentum back till February, though. This Lex storyline definitely feels like filler.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This might be the 1st time, but I can't say for certain because I didn't start checking up on digital sales until near the end of the most recent Johns run.

You can tell 'Superman's' performance is due to its positive reception because it's performance has only improved with each new issue, while 'Action Comics' is slowly slipping down the charts. It used to chart higher than 'Star Wars', but recently it has been charting lower.

Both are still doing well, but one climbing higher up the charts with each new release while the other goes down, speaks to the their respective reception I think.
    That is so amazing to hear, and on top of that to hear that it's climbing!

My theory is that Post-Crisis Superman and Lois "belongs" on this Earth more than anyone else because they haven't been altered by Doctor Manhattan, but because the Universe has been altered it's treating them as anomalies.

The Universe is diseased and Post-Crisis Superman is like an antibiotic that's been injected into the Universe.
    Given the fact that Wally is basically "restrengthening" the DCU heroes (since the taking of the 10 years made the DCU weaker) and he's of Pre-Flashpoint origin, there's some strong validity to this theory. Oz is also keeping an eye on him, and Saturn Girl is mostly likely here to see him.

And let me just say that the only reason Batman is outperforming it is reputation. Tom King is awesome but from what I've seen Batman doesn't touch Superman in either writing or visual quality. Tomasi and Gleason are just one of those teams that click together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And let me just say that the only reason Batman is outperforming it is reputation. Tom King is awesome but from what I've seen Batman doesn't touch Superman in either writing or visual quality. Tomasi and Gleason are just one of those teams that click together.
    Yeah King's Batman is unfortunately a bust, the overdrawn arcs, the horrible dialogue, the general ambiguity/filler perception of the arcs, the alienation of Catwoman and Damian fans, the super Batman who can do anything, rushed scripts, lack of any good action/combat. The book isn't terrible but I cant even think of a single thing about it that actually clicked, maybe Bane but that's about it. Guess it goes to show that hot shot writers dont necessarily produce good comics when they're dealing with established characters.
    Superman trounces it handily, it is shaping up to be equivalent to Snyder's New-52 Batman series for Rebirth.

BANNED

Been avoiding the Super-books like you'd avoid the proverbial recently.

Gonna make an exception for this one.....