Default Kryptonite No More?

Hello, Superfans! I stumbled upon a disc with the old Super Powers show on it today and the episode was the one where Wonder Woman and some others were at an intergalactic auction for Kryptonite in an effort to intercept and destroy the Kryptonite. My question for you guys is do you think Superman's current teammates/friends in comics would ever duplicate such an effort? Is it a smart thing to proactively get rid of Kryptonite?

In that particular episode it was Gold Kryptonite, which would remove Superman's powers. So I would say yes, they would try to thwart anyone from getting their hands on that kryptonite.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

That actually sounds like a really cool episode.

Also, while I didn't read it, wasn't there an arc of Superman/Batman about ten years ago (maybe a bit less) where Supes and Bats were trying to rid the world of Kryptonite? Something like that...
    Last edited by titansupes; 11-25-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Retired

In the early '70s, there was no Kryptonite. All the Kryptonite on Earth had been changed to iron. Then the Sun Dwellers (of Rao) contacted Superman and had him gather all the Kryptonite in the universe to make a New Krypton. Once that planet was created, there should have been no more Kryptonite. However, the New Krypton didn't last very long, so more Kryptonite started to be funneled to Earth. No word on what happened to the Sun Dwellers.