Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2217

I wonder if she plans to incorporate some of Shuri's old personality into this version.

Pre-Griot Shuri + Griot Shuri + MCU Shuri = ?

As long as there is none of the angry, Paris Hilton Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    The bold gets overlooked imho. T’Challa’s KOTD is not only different, he handles it a lot better than Shuri.

If anything, T’Challa and Shuri should use their respective versions together for maximum damage. That would be a great visual.

T’Challa’s version is better imho. Unlike Shuri, he doesn’t pass out within minutes of usage and the zombies seem more sentient.
    I think both of them have limitations which potentially make ones power more useful than the other depending on the circumstances.

T'challa can control zombies, but he has not demonstrated the ability to summon them. So without pre-existing existing zombies present, this particular power might not be all that useful.

Shuri's ability seems specifically ties to Wakandan history, so it's questionable whether she can use her powers if there aren't dead Wakandan bodies around.

The fact that Shuri operates in Wakanda 99% of the time somewhat negates her shirt coming, so I suspect we will see her ability used more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder if she plans to incorporate some of Shuri's old personality into this version.

Pre-Griot Shuri + Griot Shuri + MCU Shuri = ?

As long as there is none of the angry, Paris Hilton Shuri.
    Her not necessarily wanting to be ruler I think will negate the early angry jeoloud Shuri potrayals. Her early issues I think in large part stemmed from her brother being Black Panther instead of her. The previews imply she she doesn't necessarily want that, so I don't think we'll see too much early Shuri on there.

Between Shuri, T'Challa and even their uncle it's starting to sound like a lot of the family don't want this job.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Her not necessarily wanting to be ruler I think will negate the early angry jeoloud Shuri potrayals. Her early issues I think in large part stemmed from her brother being Black Panther instead of her. The previews imply she she doesn't necessarily want that, so I don't think we'll see too much early Shuri on there.

Between Shuri, T'Challa and even their uncle it's starting to sound like a lot of the family don't want this job.
    She doesn't have to want to be ruler to have some aspects of that personality incorporated.

If the writer is visiting past stories there may be some aspects that she likes.

Variant cover of Shuri #1, by Jamal Campbell.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BloMn6ghMAK/

Shuri and Ramonda survived the “snap”, according to Angela Bassett.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/avenge...uri-die-2018-7

Shuri and Ramonda survived the “snap”, according to Angela Bassett.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/avenge...uri-die-2018-7
    Glad this was confirmed. Hopefully this means she will have a much bigger role in the next Avengers movie. Because of the snap there won't be 3 dozen heroes for at least a good portion of the movie, so hopefully that'll give her more face time.

Shuri, T’Challa, and Okoye showed up in Cap #2.

Nice cover. It's interesting that she no longer has her gray/white hair. I also hope we get to see her combine her mystical abilities with whatever tech she has.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Beautiful cover.

So glad to see that platinum blond mess gone from her hair.

Hopefully, this writer has a clue and doesn't deviate from the MCU Shuri characterisation by injecting Coates mystical contrived crap into the equation.

Her characterization will be interesting as they seem to be heavily drawing from the MCU version of Shuri by incorporating that version's affinity for science/engineering. I also hope that Nnedi Okorafor explores Shuri's mystical abilities in more depth. I like that those abilities have been added to her repertoire. Combining those abilities with whatever tech she creates would be nice to see.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice cover. It's interesting that she no longer has her gray/white hair. I also hope we get to see her combine her mystical abilities with whatever tech she has.
    It's certainly not unheard of in marvel to combine tech with magic. Doom is the posterboy of it, but a few other characters like Pym have done so as well. Wouldn't be shocked if Shuri ends up going that route, since Wakanda seems the type of place which emphasizes both science and magic. But we'll see.

Still uneasy about them using the MCU personality elements though. Her being interested in science, I'm cool with. Her being more interested in science than ruling Wakanda I'm iffy about. But we'll see how that goes down. Solicits and previews don't always go a great job accurately describing things.

So this came out today.

SHURI #2
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    VARIANT COVER BY AFUA RICHARDSON
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE SEARCH FOR T’CHALLA BEGINS!
    The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Black Panther? Can Shuri?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Great cover but I have a looooot of questions, including:

-Why would Shuri hesitate to be a BP in this particular situation. With T’Challa being MIA, she’s not just the next-in-line, she’s by far the most experienced for the job. And she never had an issue about ruling (always wanted to).

-Does she still have her Griot powers?

-Is her becoming a BP temporary? I’m assuming that’s is the case.

As for her being a BP again...I wonder how Nnedi is going to address that this time. Such an arc (T’Challa is gone, Shuri and Storm team up to save him and Shuri becomes a BP along the way) has been done before by Hudlin.