Page 130 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Variant cover of Shuri #1, by Travis Charest.

I think the cover-art so far has been pretty dope tho!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The alternative should have been a current timeline Shuri mini... but with T'challa around.

This forced , "T'challa is gone, Wakanda needs Shuri to step up but she doesn't want to!" thing is like tripling down on a bad hand. It is too much all at once. It makes her unrecognizable.

IF T'challa was around (like he is in every single other book in the comics right now. including leading the Avengers), you could have flashbacks of young shuri in a lab building stuff. Go back to the present, and we see Shuri, relaxing for once... as she starts to reminiscence about the old days where she could play in a lab instead of ruling or fighting demons and Gods. The "urge" comes back for her to dabble in the lab because she actually has time again. Then you can go into retcon land with "sciency shuri" without completely changing her characterization if you want.
    That would’ve not only worked, it would’ve directly tied to the MCU, making it an easy jumping on pony for new fans . MCU Shuri is still a teenager at the moment.

Her reminiscing of her younger days in the comics and tying it back to the present would’ve been a great way to bring all together.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I also agree. The solicit sounded cool until the mention of her mind landing in Groot's. My initial excitement for this series has lowered. Hopefully the animation will be nice.
    Speaking of which, how does her mind land into another person? Via tech or her powers (if she still has them)? Obviously the book will explain that but that is some crazy stuff.

Art looks promising, but the execution of the story? Looking kinda shakey so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think the cover-art so far has been pretty dope tho!
    The one thing that has been consistent for the past 2.5 years = great covers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Speaking of which, how does her mind land into another person? Via tech or her powers (if she still has them)? Obviously the book will explain that but that is some crazy stuff.
    I don't think this is about tech, as the solicit specifically mentions ''Wakandan magic'' and astral projection is known to be a classic Doctor Strange skill. And the concept of one's mind landing on someone else's body is really not that foreign, specially in the Marvel Universe. I think any major telepath/psychic has had a story like this before. I mean, even outside of Marvel this is a thing. I don't know if you ever read/watched Naruto, but the Yamanaka clan has a special powerset focused on mind powers, including casting their minds on other people's bodies. So yeah, at least to me, it's really not that strange or surprising. I think the fact her mind ended up on Groot of all people is the most surprising thing, but not necessarily a bad thing. Anyway, I liked the solicit. It's nice to know Nnedi is exploring and expanding Shuri's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think this is about tech, as the solicit specifically mentions ''Wakandan magic'' and astral projection is known to be a classic Doctor Strange skill. And the concept of one's mind landing on someone else's body is really not that foreign, specially in the Marvel Universe. I think any major telepath/psychic has had a story like this before. I mean, even outside of Marvel this is a thing. I don't know if you ever read/watched Naruto, but the Yamanaka clan has a special powerset focused on mind powers, including casting their minds on other people's bodies. So yeah, at least to me, it's really not that strange or surprising. I think the fact her mind ended up on Groot of all people is the most surprising thing, but not necessarily a bad thing. Anyway, I liked the solicit. It's nice to know Nnedi is exploring and expanding Shuri's powers.
    I should’ve clarified: crazy in Shuri’s case, being that it’ll be the first time we’ll see her do such a thing. Closest we had was her controlling Wakandan corpses via Griot powers.

That said, the issue will surely explain how it will all go down, so I’ll be on wait-and-see mode on that front.

Pics of Shuri in Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest. Premiers tonight at 9pm eastern on Disney XD.

More Black Panther’s Quest pics.

Saw the first two episodes of Black Panther’s Quest. Very good start with lots of potential down the line.

Portrayal of each character were well done too, imho.

Final variant covers of Shuri #1 are out. Looks like Shuri still has her Griot powers.

Final variant covers of Shuri #1 are out. Looks like Shuri still has her Griot powers.

These are awesome. I'm hoping her Griot powers stick with her for good. The first cover is cute and I almost wish they had a real action figure for Shuri as shown in the second cover.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Shuri is making noise in multimedia. How long till the comic version pivots to be more like the movie and cartoon vision.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Shuri is making noise in multimedia. How long till the comic version pivots to be more like the movie and cartoon vision.
    That is already happening. That seems to be the entire purpose of the Shuri book.

Plus the Rise of the BP shuri was very similar to the cartoon version, which is a mash up of the comic and movie versions.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Somewhat of a preview for Shuri #1.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like what I'm "seeing". The close ups are is ???, but the background and wide shots are great. She definantly turned back the clock on her personality. She talks like a pouty teenager. You'd think she didn't spend anytime with "Mother", but somehow got those powers. lol. And it looks like she can use them without turning her hair white. Good call.