Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is especially weird considering T'challa is running around in the Avengers and Captain America book.

This concept is a cluster at the moment all over.
    Especially when the solicit says he's been gone for weeks(three years in BP solo). The timeline is going to get crunched a year or so from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I suspect Nnedi’s writing will be at the least passable.

My main concern is the concepts and the execution of said concepts. Turning Comics Shuri into MCU Shuri in a sudden fashion would be a mistake imho. Would be very jarring too, as it’s occuring during the events of the Coates run.
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see how Shuri is portrayed in regards to her characterization and her abilities.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I always loved this scene. Which issue is it? I fear it may have been in my Good Will like years ago.
    Mighty Avengers 25.

Reed vs revamped Shuri will be interesting.

“I know more about Pym Particles than you...” disrespectful!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Especially when the solicit says he's been gone for weeks(three years in BP solo). The timeline is going to get crunched a year or so from now.
    Wait, how the heck has he been gone for three years? There's something strange going on here. I suspect that he'll end up time traveling back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    it serves to influence how writers treat characters and stories. A la Reed Richards vs everyone else in the 616 these days

That scene had less to do with Reed being the smartest, and more to do with Hank being Hank.

Slott went out of his way to make sure that Hank was the butt of pretty much every joke in that run (though he more than balanced things out with literally some of the best tech feats in comics coming from Hank).

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Wait, how the heck has he been gone for three years? There's something strange going on here. I suspect that he'll end up time traveling back.
    It was revealed in the latest issue that Tchalla arrived in the empire three years prior to the current events.

Nice find. That is an awesome image and the BP habit looks great.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Variant cover of Shuri #1, by Travis Charest.

SHURI #3

NNEDI OKORAFOR (W), LEONARDO ROMERO (A) Cover by SAM SPRATT

I AM...SHURI?

A little Wakandan magic, a little astral projection and a very confused tree. Shuri cast her mind into the depths of space in a desperate bid to find her missing brother--and instead she landed in the mind of Groot! Who's about to become a crunchy snack for a huge, energy-sucking alien! Rocket Raccoon's best guns won't get them out of this one. Is Wakanda about to lose its only remaining heir to the throne?!

32 pages, $3.99.

I’m not sure how I feel about this most recent solicit...or the previous ones for that matter.

I’m not sure how I feel about this most recent solicit...or the previous ones for that matter.
    I'm pretty down on the whole thing. From the initial interview and every solicit so far and the writer.

And then I see the Killmonger mini and it is the exact opposite. Dude is a vet who seems to be staying true to Killmonger's comic history while trying to integrate some movie stuff. Which is how you should do it.

this Shuri mini (its not announced as one but come on lol) should have been a prequel and showed us more of Shuri's life while S'yan was king. That would make soft recons more palatable. We know Shuri is smart... they should have showed us young Shuri doing lab stuff growing up while at the same time dreaming to be a warrior.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm pretty down on the whole thing. From the initial interview and every solicit so far and the writer.

And then I see the Killmonger mini and it is the exact opposite. Dude is a vet who seems to be staying true to Killmonger's comic history while trying to integrate some movie stuff. Which is how you should do it.

this Shuri mini (its not announced as one but come on lol) should have been a prequel and showed us more of Shuri's life while S'yan was king.
    Agreed. Would’ve given Nnedi a lot of flexibility and many opportunities to intergrate the MCU stuff to it, similar to how Evan Narcisse did Shuri during Rise of the BP.

To have this Shuri while the Coates run is going on will require an immense suspension of disbelief (aka it doesn’t make sense). It might even contradict previous interpretations of Shuri (Hudlin, Mayberry, Liss and Hickman). I’ll give the book a shot but my expectations have lowered.

The book is def a mini. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves.

I’m def looking forward to the Killmonger book though. Well-needed too, it’s about time he got fleshed our.

Agreed. Would’ve given Nnedi a lot of flexibility and many opportunities to intergrate the MCU stuff to it, similar to how Evan Narcisse did Shuri during Rise of the BP.

To have this Shuri while the Coates run is going on will require an immense suspension of disbelief (aka mostly doesn’t make sense). It might even contradict previous interpretations of Shuri (Hudlin, Mayberry, Liss and Hickman).

The alternative should have been a current timeline Shuri mini... but with T'challa around.

This forced , "T'challa is gone, Wakanda needs Shuri to step up but she doesn't want to!" thing is like tripling down on a bad hand. It is too much all at once. It makes her unrecognizable.

IF T'challa was around (like he is in every single other book in the comics right now. including leading the Avengers), you could have flashbacks of young shuri in a lab building stuff. Go back to the present, and we see Shuri, relaxing for once... as she starts to reminiscence about the old days where she could play in a lab instead of ruling or fighting demons and Gods. The "urge" comes back for her to dabble in the lab because she actually has time again. Then you can go into retcon land with "sciency shuri" without completely changing her characterization if you want.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To have this Shuri while the Coates run is going on will require an immense suspension of disbelief (aka it doesn’t make sense). It might even contradict previous interpretations of Shuri (Hudlin, Mayberry, Liss and Hickman). I’ll give the book a shot but my expectations have lowered.

I’m def looking forward to the Killmonger book though. Well-needed too, it’s about time he got fleshed our.
    I also agree. The solicit sounded cool until the mention of her mind landing in Groot's. My initial excitement for this series has lowered. Hopefully the artwork will be nice.
    Last edited by nj06; 09-22-2018 at 03:46 PM.