Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shuri should be Ironheart!

Shuri should be Black Panther!

i'm waiting for "Shuri should have a pet dinosaur and be inhuman!"

Why can't Shuri just be Shuri lol?
    People saying that Shuri should be a BP is at least understandable, if only because it happened in the comics.

Problem is, that’s all they know (or choose to know perhaps?): that she became a BP. You rarely, if ever, see anyone mention what happened while she was queen and what kind of a ruler she was. What she did as Queen was far more important than her getting the job.

Furthermore, those same folks don’t seem to know that she hasn’t been a BP in almost four years and that she has her own mantle. Meaning that she literally doesn’t need to be a BP in order to be influencial or have a powerup.

The Ironheart thing is still very confusing.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-02-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Where the Xtreme X-Men days canon or an alternate storyline? Of all the X storylines, I’m not too familiar with that one.
    It was canon. That's where we got lion looking Beast.

It was mostly just a side book where Claremont got to run wild with Storm while Morrison was doing the core X-Men books.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It was canon. That's where we got lion looking Beast.

It was mostly just a side book where Claremont got to run wild with Storm while Morrison was doing the core X-Men books.
    A shame they reverted Storm’s look then. Looked good overall, imho.

Of all the spinoff ideas, this one might actually be successful. A testament of how popular the MCU BP supporting cast has become.

Would be even better if T’Challa were to be featured in the film as well. They all worked well together on-screen and it would bring more viewers in the theaters.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Ironheart thing is still very confusing.
    I've been seeing those suggestions lately too and it's really concerning how people treat two intelligent black women who have nothing to do with each other like they're so interchangeable. Screw backstory, personality and everything else, because they're both tech-savvy black females, somehow it means they can literally play the same part and it would make no difference. Ugh. It's bad enough that they gave Bucky the White Wolf name just because he was the token white guy in Wakanda; I really hope this is not a trend the MCU will continue to pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I've been seeing those suggestions lately too and it's really concerning how people treat two intelligent black women who have nothing to do with each other like they're so interchangeable. Screw backstory, personality and everything else, because they're both tech-savvy black females, somehow it means they can literally play the same part and it would make no difference. Ugh. It's bad enough that they gave Bucky the White Wolf name just because he was the token white guy in Wakanda; I really hope this is not a trend the MCU will continue to pursue.
    This is in part due to:

1. MCU fans who don’t read the comics but somehow learned about Iron Heart.

2. Riri haters who don’t want her to be in the MCU and thus prefer Shuri to take her place.

Also agree that I hope that the MCU doesn’t make it a habit to combine character slots too much. Would’ve preferred Hunter to be in the MCU instead of Bucky taking the mantle, for example.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Of all the spinoff ideas, this one might actually be successful. A testament of how popular the MCU BP supporting cast has become.

Would be even better if T’Challa were to be featured in the film as well. They all worked well together on-screen and it would bring more viewers in the theaters.
    I could see Nakia and Shuri rather easily spinning off, just because of that Oakland outreach thing. They must leave Wakanda regularly anyway. Fun little spy movie with Nakia infiltrating and Shuri being her Q.

Not so much Okoye since her entire character is "protect the king."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I could see Nakia and Shuri rather easily spinning off, just because of that Oakland outreach thing. They must leave Wakanda regularly anyway. Fun little spy movie with Nakia infiltrating and Shuri being her Q.

Not so much Okoye since her entire character is "protect the king."
    From what I read, it would be more of an ensemble spin-off rather than one dedicated to one character. Which works great imho.

Within that framework, you can have Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, and the Dora Milaje doing cool stuff worthy of a film. The interactions should be very good too, based on what we had between them in the solo film.

Hell, I would read a team up book featuring their comic counterparts. Different dynamic, but should be quite interesting.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Russos still won’t reveal whether Shuri survived or not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8350856.html

The Russos, however, then batted off a few characters' fates as "too spoilery" to mention. That list surprisingly included Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who many had assumed we wouldn't see again, and Shuri (Letitia Wright), who we pretty much all assumed we would see again. Also Spider-Man's Ned (Jacob Batalon), for some reason.
    Curious on why it’s that spoilery. Very surprised about Jane Foster too.

Russos still won’t reveal whether Shuri survived or not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8350856.html

Curious on why it’s that spoilery. Very surprised about Jane Foster too.
    Given what's happened with Jane in recent years in the comics, maybe Natalie Portman might wanna give Jane a second look. If Thor is heading off into the sunset after Avengers 4, Jane as Thor is a possible direction to go. She could be a WOnder Woman instead of a Lois Lane.

But it still bugs me a little that we don't know if Shuri is still alive. I'm assuming she is, so if I find out she's not it's really going to bum me out. Obviously everyone will come back but still ... there's potential for her to get some spotlight is what I presume to be a far less crowded Avengers movie.