Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given what's happened with Jane in recent years in the comics, maybe Natalie Portman might wanna give Jane a second look. If Thor is heading off into the sunset after Avengers 4, Jane as Thor is a possible direction to go. She could be a WOnder Woman instead of a Lois Lane.

But it still bugs me a little that we don't know if Shuri is still alive. I'm assuming she is, so if I find out she's not it's really going to bum me out. Obviously everyone will come back but still ... there's potential for her to get some spotlight is what I presume to be a far less crowded Avengers movie.
    Makes me wonder: what if Shuri died too?

If so, then that opens the possibility of a shift, whether subtle or otherwise. Will dying alter her perspective in anyway, once she returns?

Considering how young she is in the MCU, it’s def possible.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-15-2018 at 04:23 PM.

A few MCU-related news:

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/05/2...etitia-wright/

Many have assumed that the character could take over the mantle of Black Panther in the future, and apparently – it’s something actress Letitia Wright would be interested in.

While speaking at the MCM London Comic Con, we were able to get Wright’s thoughts on that matter:

“If the opportunity came about, then why not? It would be comic book accurate. Yeah, that would be amazing. It means more training, more learning and it would really be an amazing adventure. Shuri becomes a savage in the comic books. From going to comedic and fun and like a kid – to then just pulling out some claws. I’m excited.”
    Also:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...ther-iron-man/

And as to whether she would rather be the new Black Panther or the new Iron Man? She told us that she would rather stick with Wakanda.

Fan art by Stephen Byrne. “After the Snap.”

https://twitter.com/stephenbyrne86/s...720012804?s=21

Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-29-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Finally got around to reading the last issue of Rise. And dang, Shuri has got some hops, the way she dealt with those pounces. No armor or anything, and she's jumping around fighting those things. She doesn't even need the heart shaped herb from the look of things.

The art makes it a little unclear, but it looks like she got a boost from the Dora Milaje via their spears. Still a pretty good jump, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The art makes it a little unclear, but it looks like she got a boost from the Dora Milaje via their spears. Still a pretty good jump, though.
    Yrah, they seemed to catapult her with the spears, but that's stI'll a meta human jump by real world standards (in comics of course that's less of a big deal). Either way, she performed a notch better than I would have expected. I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Some cool Shuri and T’Challa fan art, based on their comics iteration.

https://fredianparis.deviantart.com/...HURI-744768209

https://fredianparis.deviantart.com/...ALLA-744571836

Nice finds. I really like the Shuri one. I always thought her including the fur in her habit was a great addition. It adds to making her look both regal and fierce.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice finds. I really like the Shuri one. I always thought her including the fur in her habit was a great addition. It adds to making her look both regal and fierce.
    Indeed .

Finally read Rise #6. Shuri was pretty cool in this issue. It was a bit hard to understand how she managed to subdue Killmonger that quickly though.

BANNED

Do Shuri and Storm get along?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Do Shuri and Storm get along?
    Yes. In fact, Storm was the one who nominated Shuri to become a Black Panther when T’Challa was in a coma (back when Storm and T’Challa were still married).

They still get along pretty well post-divorce, as shown in Black Panther #170, #171, and #172.

Indeed .

Finally read Rise #6. Shuri was pretty cool in this issue. It was a bit hard to understand how she managed to subdue Killmonger that quickly though.
    Well, she subdued him with tech, so I guess it's believable enough.

Still it's sort of funny how T'Challa not being able to beat Killmonger has been a running narrative for years, while Shuri beats him day one.

It's not the same though, as Shuri clearly opts not to fight him in straight up h2h combat. I'm pretty sure had she tried, things might not have gone as smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Well, she subdued him with tech, so I guess it's believable enough.

Still it's sort of funny how T'Challa not being able to beat Killmonger has been a running narrative for years, while Shuri beats him day one.

It's not the same though, as Shuri clearly opts not to fight him in straight up h2h combat. I'm pretty sure had she tried, things might not have gone as smoothly.
    What kind of tech though? It’s coming from her gauntlets but I wasn’t sure what exactly was wrapping up Killmonger. Something vibranium-related I assume.

Now that you mentioned it, has T’Challa ever defeated Killmonger in the comics?

It appears T’Challa can only defeat him in the MCU, and that was after an initial loss.

What kind of tech though? It’s coming from her gauntlets but I wasn’t sure what exactly was wrapping up Killmonger. Something vibranium-related I assume.

Now that you mentioned it, has T’Challa ever defeated Killmonger in the comics?

It appears T’Challa can only defeat him in the MCU, and that was after an initial loss.
    T'Challa beat a zombie Kilmonger once I believe.

But both Priest and Hudlin used T'Challa never beating him as a selling point for the character. So I'm not sure if they were simply unaware of the time T'Challa beat him or if they don't count it or if they're just sort of retconning it away.

New MCU Shuri action figure, coming soon!

Wow, I lived to see a live-action Shuri figure.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.