Page 20 of 148 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Was reading the main BP thread and came around this interesting post about Shuri's journey in the Djalia:

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yo I'm so glad you said that, because I didn't remember reading that part, so I went back and turns out my digital was missing a few pages . It's been updated now though. But everybody's saying the Djalia journey is the same every issue. if you pay attention it's really not, and after reading the whole leopard/boy story with no pages missing it kinda brought it all together. The Djalia journey is metaphorically illustrating all of Wakanda's problems while at the same time presenting solutions:

1. In the first part, the All-Mother told Shuri she wanted to arm her with the Drum not the Spear. If you have a spear you are one soldier. If you have a drum you can motivated hundreds into battle. The story about the man melding in his nation is there to show that the Royal Family should do the same, if Wakanda is to become powerful. Shuri says that she is a Queen but if she can't unite her people then is she really?

2. The story about slavery at first seemed confusing because Shuri never saw herself as imprisoned, but this story is for the Midnight Angels. Lately the Dora Miljae have felt enslaved, not necessarily because their wives in training, but because between T'challa traveling across universes and bringing a terrorist into the country, they have seen some crazy ****, and essentially had no say in it, as their only job was to protect him. Now i'll definitely agree and call BS on Ayo and Aneka, but the rest joined their cause because they've felt that way. The purpose of that story was to illustrate that no one, not even T'challa can enslave them, they can only do that themselves.

3. The Story about the Leopard and the Boy is for T'challa and his confidence issues. He's been called many things Haramu-Fal , a failure etc. The boy represents T'challa and the Leopard represents all his doubters i.e. His ancestors, Tehtu and Zenzi, the Midnight Angels. Like the boy in the story T'challa has to realize , it's not what people think of you , but what you think of yourself.

Atleast thats what I took from all of the stories, anybody else get anything different?
    His first point seems to be somewhat accurate, based on the previews of BP #9. Shuri is expected to confront the Midnight Angels in BP #10. And I'm certain Shuri and T'Challa will have a more in-depth conversation at some point in this arc.

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...ament.html?m=1

Panther powers 3

Thx to realdeal for posting that age of heroes scan... woulda ben shameful if i misses it for this post lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...ament.html?m=1

Panther powers 3

Thx to realdeal for posting that age of heroes scan... woulda ben shameful if i misses it for this post lol
    Very informative post.

In light of Wakanda apparently becoming a republic, I'm very curious on how its many tribal traditions will play out now.

I assume someone can still challenge the BP for the mantle, but only the mantle will be at stake due to the new upcoming system.

Also noticed that I've never read Peter Gillis' BP vol 2. Looks like an intriguing read.

Tango Ncetezo would make an interesting Shuri...

Recap vid of BP #8.

Just reread BP #9. Shuri's portrayal was basically shown in the previews.

She did however, had a great "last page" panel, courtesy of Stelfreeze. The confrontation between her and the Midnight Angels will indeed happen.

So, do you hve to kill each and every bird to kill shuri now or....

lol

unfortunately, thsi confrontation looks to be lecture time instead of fisticuffs.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So, do you hve to kill each and every bird to kill shuri now or....

lol

unfortunately, thsi confrontation looks to be lecture time instead of fisticuffs.
    Wondered that too. What if you kill one of her birds, does that harm her? Can those birds even be harmed or killed?

As for the confrontation, probably won't be fisticuffs. I'm hoping for a poetic (Coates loves prose), yet stern lecture though, with an eventual return to the fold. The MAs caused a lot of havoc and their rhetoric is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Wondered that too. What if you kill one of her birds, does that harm her? Can those birds even be harmed or killed?

As for the confrontation, probably won't be fisticuffs. I'm hoping for a poetic (Coates loves prose), yet stern lecture though, with an eventual return to the fold. The MAs caused a lot of havoc and their rhetoric is all over the place.
    If Shura can just arrange it so that the MA won't be executed ( something I'll wager T'Challa doesn't want to do anyways) I think they'do be more than happy to switch sides.

I'm sure they'll get a nice long lecture along with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Shura can just arrange it so that the MA won't be executed ( something I'll wager T'Challa doesn't want to do anyways) I think they'do be more than happy to switch sides.

I'm sure they'll get a nice long lecture along with it though.
    I originally wanted T'Challa to be the one to confront the MAs, but in retrospect, it's much better that Shuri does so.

The MAs would have no choice but to seriously consider whatever counter arguments Shuri brings up, as they can't use their usual rhetoric and gender stuff on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I originally wanted T'Challa to be the one to confront the MAs, but in retrospect, it's much better that Shuri does so.

The MAs would have no choice but to seriously consider whatever counter arguments Shuri brings up, as they can't use their usual rhetoric and gender stuff on her.
    I'll be mildly impressed if the MA understand even half the things coming out of Shuri's mouth. They're not exactly coming off as the greatest Wakandan thinkers of their time.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll be mildly impressed if the MA understand even half the things coming out of Shuri's mouth. They're not exactly coming off as the greatest Wakandan thinkers of their time.
    she needs to drop one of those Blue Marvel monologues on them

they will surrender rather fast

she needs to drop one of those Blue Marvel monologues on them

they will surrender rather fast
    lol, you never know, it might come down to something similar to that.

Would anyone like to see Shuri join the Ultimates?