Page 132 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2217
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Art reminds me of the Spider-Man comic strip.

Extraordinary Member

Comic Shuri has full on morphed into MCU Shuri with her demeanor and attitudes (but her 616 backstory).

Can't say I'm surprised.

As Comic book Shuri was a humorless stiff when she wasn't written by Hudin (so more that half of her appearances by now) I can't say that I'm sorry about it either.

The art is a concern...

(It really DOES look like the Spider Man comic strip!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Comic Shuri has full on morphed into MCU Shuri with her demeanor and attitudes (but her 616 backstory).

Can't say I'm surprised.

As Comic book Shuri was a humorless stiff when she wasn't written by Hudin (so more that half of her appearances by now) I can't say that I'm sorry about it either.

The art is a concern...

(It really DOES look like the Spider Man comic strip!)
    Liss kind of wrote a fun Shuri.

But yeah ... Shuri was kind of a stiff. Really, most Wakandans are if you think about it.

I don't entirely agree with a complete morph into movie Shuri, but humanizing her a bit at least in personal moments doesn't hurt.

I thought they just took Tchallas memories and created a robot with Edens powers. Guess that really is him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought they just took Tchallas memories and created a robot with Edens powers. Guess that really is him.
    Assuming this story is insync with the main book, then yeah... this story provided some potential spoilers for what's going on in COates book.

Though I suppose none of it is TOO huge. We didn't know for a a fact it was the real T'Challa, but it's not exactly the most shocking revelation either. Still, I probably would have preferred not knowing until the main book was ready to make the reveal.

But the again, that's what I get for reading previews in the first place.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm a bit disappointed in the art and I'm not understanding how she goes from this wise all knowing being in coates book to this mcu version. it's really concerning but I will check this out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I mean the art alone tells you how much care marvel has put into Nnedi and this Shuri book succeeding.... As in, not at all
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-12-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean the art alone tells you how much care marvel has put into Nnedi and this Shuri book succeeding.... As in, not at all
    yea I'm actually surprised. the cover art looked beautiful to see the interior look so opposite of that is disappointing .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Can’t say I’m surprised.
    I’m very curious on how they are gonna touch on her previous history. MCU Shuri with 616 Shuri’s background is very contradictory. I fear there will be a lot of retcons along the way.

This seemingly happy-go-lucky version is the same person that became a BP? Ordered the Desturi to be slaughtered? Declared war on Atlantis? Recalled the Hatut Zeraze? Took on Proxima Midnight twice? Became a Griot?

She was quite funny during the Liss run. I would argue she had a bit of a dark sense of humor during the Mayberry run.

It’s under Hickman that she became very serious, and rightfully so imho. Namor just attacked (killing thousands) and Wakanda wanted war. Not much humor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in the art and I'm not understanding how she goes from this wise all knowing being in coates book to this mcu version. it's really concerning but I will check this out.
    Honestly, I think they are only going to keep the powers, but ditch everything else, or barely gloss over them. I’m not sure how else it can be done.

Contradicting Coates run would’ve been one thing, but this iteration appears to be contradicting every previous version of Shuri.

I get why they are doing it, but I’m def not a fan of this move.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm honestly confused by the comments here.

Flowing from the seriousness of Coates into this version does make sense to me. She literally died, learned she needs to be more open, and gets to work with her brother again.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

If you guys want to see Shuri flex and grow, you need to be watching Black Panther's Quest. Especially starting this Sunday.

Only on Disney XD!

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I’m very curious on how they are gonna touch on her previous history. MCU Shuri with 616 Shuri’s background is very contradictory. I fear there will be a lot of retcons along the way.

This seemingly happy-go-lucky version is the same person that became a BP? Ordered the Desturi to be slaughtered? Declared war on Atlantis? Recalled the Hatut Zeraze? Took on Proxima Midnight twice? Became a Griot?

She was quite funny during the Liss run. I would argue she had a bit of a dark sense of humor during the Mayberry run.

It’s under Hickman that she became very serious, and rightfully so imho. Namor just attacked (killing thousands) and Wakanda wanted war. Not much humor in that.

Honestly, I think they are only going to keep the powers, but ditch everything else, or barely gloss over them. I’m not sure how else it can be done.

Contradicting Coates run would’ve been one thing, but this iteration appears to be contradicting every previous version of Shuri.

I get why they are doing it, but I’m def not a fan of this move.
    what things are being contradicted that you're specifically not a fan of?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    If you guys want to see Shuri flex and grow, you need to be watching Black Panther's Quest. Especially starting this Sunday.
    hi there and thanks for keeping up posted I will look for this on the dvr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm honestly confused by the comments here.

Flowing from the seriousness of Coates into this version does make sense to me. She literally died, learned she needs to be more open, and gets to work with her brother again.
    Thing is she also doubled down on her beliefs in the Coates run, the same run in which she came back.

Recall that she threatened to eliminate the Midnight Angels and their Doras, plus possibly destroying the Jabari-Lands where the MAs resided, if they didn’t severe their alliance with Tetu. Then she told the the survivors of the trafficking camps that the survival of Wakanda superseded their lives (and that’s the nice way of putting it).

Those moments happened last year, not counting all the stuff she has said/done in season 2, which ended this April (her lecturing Thibderball about the meaning and trappings of power, for example). It will require a large amount of suspension of disbelief for me to go along with the notion that the Shuri from this April—let alone last year or previous years—is the same Shuri in the her book’s preview panels.

Hopefully the book does give an explanation as to why she had a change in demeanor. Said explanation could be along the lines of what you mentioned. That said, it doesn’t appear that said transition has occurred or is occurring. It just seems that this new version of Shuri is just who she is at the moment and that’s that.

I hope that I end up being wrong.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-12-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Will do. Very good show, btw.