Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

She also has some great cosplay:

That she does...

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    The spear of Bashenga usually goes to the ruler of the country. As the current ruler, T'Challa would be the one wielding it.
    Didn't Zuri wield it during Priest's run? Where was it stated that only the ruler/BP wields it?

Here's the full version of that pic, by Tula Lotay. Very 'Shuri-esque'. Love it.

That is a great piece. Lotay does an amazing job with capturing Shuri's charisma.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Didn't Zuri wield it during Priest's run? Where was it stated that only the ruler/BP wields it?
    Good point. Zuri used to wield it until he died. From there on in, Shuri wielded it, in part (I assume) because she was the ruler.

Perhaps Shuri might be wielding the spear after all, even though she isn't the ruler. You may be right on that one.

That is a great piece. Lotay does an amazing job with capturing Shuri's charisma.
    Indeed. An interesting combo of 'relaxed' and 'confident' in that pic, imho.

I really like the concept of Djalia and I want to read more about it. I think there is a ton of story potential that can be made out of it and I'm interested in learning more about Shuri's abilities.
    Under the right pen, the Djalia is full of possibilities. Very curious about Shuri's new abilities as well.

One thing I did notice: the two women standing next to "Ramonda" (on her left and right) are actually featured in the variant cover of BP #11. Very good attention to detail by Paolo Rivera.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-27-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Stelfreeze sketch of Shuri's new costume: the ancient future armor.

Under the right pen, the Djalia is full of possibilities. Very curious about Shuri's new abilities as well.

One thing I did notice: the two women standing next to "Ramonda" (on her left and right) are actually featured in the variant cover of BP #11. Very good attention to detail by Paolo Rivera.

True. Good find. It seems by that cover that Shuri's new title/abilities are something that may be passed down/inherited like the Black Panther mantle. T'Challa may be connected to the previous BP's and can enter the Spirit World, while Shuri may now be connected to these previous women and has a connection to Djalia.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

True. Good find. It seems by that cover that Shuri's new title/abilities are something that may be passed down/inherited like the Black Panther mantle. T'Challa may be connected to the previous BP's and can enter the Spirit World, while Shuri may now be connected to these previous women and has a connection to Djalia.

Good point, can see that happening.

Just reread your post. You may be right, once again.

All of the Djalia stories have a similar pattern: interaction between Shuri and "Ramonda", a story, and then a final, more emphatic panel. I have concluded a while back that said final panels are actually small previews of Shuri's new power set.

Here's what we have. I've added my interpretations of the panels as well:

^^^Shuri now has a new outfit and a connection to the queens of ancient Wakanda.

^^^Not so much a power set, but more of a modus operandi, imho. Shuri will be pushing for the unification of Wakanda.

The final three Djalia stories are more straight forward. It appears that:

-Shuri can now "fly" by "transforming" into a flock of birds.

-Shuri now has enhance speed, making her faster than most humans.

-Shuri's skin can turn to stone, protecting her from strong opponents and dangerous projectiles.

If all this turns out to be the case, Shuri is a pretty stacked character, power set wise.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-27-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Just reread your post. You may be right, once again.

All of the Djalia stories have a similar pattern: interaction between Shuri and "Ramonda", a story, and then a final, more emphatic panel. I have concluded a while back that said final panels are actually small previews of Shuri's new power set.

Here's what we have. I've added my interpretations of the panels as well:

^^^Shuri now has a new outfit and a connection to the queens of ancient Wakanda.

^^^Not so much a power set, but more of a modus operandi, imho. Shuri will be pushing for the unification of Wakanda.

The final three Djalia stories are more straight forward. It appears that:

-Shuri can now "fly" by "transforming" into a flock of birds.

-Shuri now has enhance speed, making her faster than most humans.

-Shuri's skin can turn to stone, protecting her from strong opponents and dangerous projectiles.

If all this turns out to be the case, Shuri is a pretty stacked character, power set wise.
    Indeed, if this does turn out to be Shuri's new powers then it will definitely be an upgrade. It will be interesting to see how they manifest story wise.

BANNED

I'm semi miffed that Shuri isn't a teen as if that is her new power set she'd fit in with the Champions and Marvel's teen trinity Miles/Kamala/Sam

Caucious on how she'll be moving forward under Coates

I'm really glad that she's alive again.
    Unfortunately, in the Coates issues I've read, the Shuri parts were the ones that bore me to death.

Still, it's good that she's back with new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Caucious on how she'll be moving forward under Coates
    So long as Coates doesn't change her personality and overall beliefs too much, I think Shuri will be fine. I suspect that she'll be a lot more important to the story than many would've thought.

Nonetheless, I'm cautiously optimistic on that front, with an emphasis on cautious. Tbh, I'm more worried about T'Challa right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm really glad that she's alive again.
    Unfortunately, in the Coates issues I've read, the Shuri parts were the ones that bore me to death.

Still, it's good that she's back with new powers.
    lol, can't blame you. I felt the Djalia stories in and of themselves were interesting, but I was initially very confused as for why they were included in the first place. Asked myself "what is the point of this?" many times.

It wasn't until BP #7 that I started noticing the foreshadowing of the power set.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-10-2016 at 06:40 AM.

One of the best covers I've ever seen...

Last edited by Realdealholy; 09-03-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Shuri in Black Panther: World of Wakanda #1.