Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

For the Shuri fans...

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...gh-djalia.html

her complete journey through the Djalia in one spot.

Had to add a shuri tag to the blog lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    For the Shuri fans...

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...gh-djalia.html

her complete journey through the Djalia in one spot.

Had to add a shuri tag to the blog lol

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    One of the best covers I've ever seen...

Agreed amazing art...

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Agreed amazing art...
    No doubt. Looking at it again, I would put it in my top 5 covers.

Shuri sketches by Ken Lashley.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-07-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Looking at the cover for Black Panther #9, it seems to be confirming the "flying via transforming into flocks of birds" theory.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-28-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Looking at the cover for Black Panther #9, it seems to be confirming the "flying via transforming" into flocks of birds" theory.

I think this is my favorite cover.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I think this is my favorite cover.
    I'd give it a very close second, only edged by #8. It's a relatively simple looking cover compared to the others, but it gets its point across in a very creative and rather meaningful way.

By Baz Pringle.

Shuri has come a long way from when she first appeared. She has shown a lot of growth and I think she really benefitted from Storm's return to the X-Verse. She got the character development that she might not have gotten if that didn't happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shuri has come a long way from when she first appeared. She has shown a lot of growth and I think she really benefitted from Storm's return to the X-Verse. She got the character development that she might not have gotten if that didn't happen.
    I think Shuri and Ororo's interactions within the pages of the BP book during Hudlin's tenure, were really handled well especially as regards the genuine level of affection that was on page, greatly enhanced the book in particular and the BP mythos in general.

Maberry's writing of Shuri during the Power storyline and even Doomwar, was strong and compelling as was the case with Hickman's depiction of her character during his New Avengers saga but unfortunately both Hickman an Maberry dropped the ball with her character with Klaws of The Panther on Maberry's part, and the needless off panel sacrifice of Queen Shuri against Proxima Midnight towards the close of Hickman's Time Runs Out NA storyline.

An honorable mention gos out to David Liss who definitely came correct with Shuri's depiction during the Kingpin of Wakanda magnum opus.

I would have really enjoyed reading a Queen Shuri solo book written by Mr Liss.

As for this Djalia crap Coates is writing, the less said the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Though Ororo's return to the X-verse def was a factor to her development, I think the most important thing that happened to Shuri--development wise--was her becoming the ruler of Wakanda. That move ensured that whenever Wakanda was involved in a story, Shuri would be involved as well (bad writing aside).

For example, would David Liss and Hickman include Shuri in their stories if she wasn't the ruler? I sincerely doubt it, especially as far as Hickman is concerned.

Would Shuri have been included in Daredevil #7 in 2014, without her rulership status? Extremely doubtful, imho.

And so on.

This isn't to say that there was no other way for BP-writers in particular to boost Shuri up without having her be Queen. However, making her the ruler at the time not only allowed her to hold a solo, but also be featured in non-BP books, including a book that was the precursor to the one of the biggest event books to date in New Avengers.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-29-2016 at 12:45 PM.

By Ken Lashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I think Shuri and Ororo's interactions within the pages of the BP book during Hudlin's tenure, were really handled well especially as regards the genuine level of affection that was on page, greatly enhanced the book in particular and the BP mythos in general.

Maberry's writing of Shuri during the Power storyline and even Doomwar, was strong and compelling as was the case with Hickman's depiction of her character during his New Avengers saga but unfortunately both Hickman an Maberry dropped the ball with her character with Klaws of The Panther on Maberry's part, and the needless off panel sacrifice of Queen Shuri against Proxima Midnight towards the close of Hickman's Time Runs Out NA storyline.

An honorable mention gos out to David Liss who definitely came correct with Shuri's depiction during the Kingpin of Wakanda magnum opus.

I would have really enjoyed reading a Queen Shuri solo book written by Mr Liss.

As for this Djalia crap Coates is writing, the less said the better.
    Shuri definitely had some impressive moments during each of these writer's tenures. The only real problem I had with Hickman's take is that she died. But so did nearly everyone else so I won't hold that against him too much. However, I do have an issue with Coates not bringing Shuri back when it was clearly established that T'Challa restored everyone. Would he have damaged the monarchy and Wakanda as much had Shuri been on the throne? Seriously doubt it.