Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I almsot wish Shuri was around from the begnning and CHOSE to go into some sort of "spiritual journey" on her own.

Assuming she remembered everything pre death, she did pass the kingship onto T'challa, making him King during the reset. Its murky continuity but the whole damn thing has been murky continuity.

Shuri begins to question her true purpose and is filled with self doubt as she remembers her country being obliterated and her "failing." Was she born to be a queen or something else?

So, she goes into a self appointed spirit journey by herself, visiting the many religious and spiritual places in Wakanda, and that is how she connects to "mother" and learns the "true history of Wakanda" and gets her new power and mindset. Although i'd prefer "mother" just being Bast in human form.
    Resembles the path T'Challa took when he lost the BP mantle, except hers probably will survive past this run.

So few things from the Mayberry run survived once he left. Even Aneka isn't the exact same Aneka from back then. The legacy of Doomwar, I suppose...
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-01-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder how much different Shuri's character is going to be. She's matured alot since becoming Queen but she still had that fire. I hope it isn't lost with this new role.
    That's the million dollar question, as far as I'm concerned: will she still have that fire?

I hold a little bit of hope that she will, due to the last Djalia story. Though that story was based on true events, you could switch the Queen Mother of that story with pre-death Shuri and little changes, if at all. It fits her like a glove.

I know some would want her to be on some "wise maiden" stuff, but I personally see nothing wrong with her being straightforward and speaking with a measured amount of bluntness on occasion. Not only does the royal family need someone like that, it helps differentiate her from the crowd to some degree, while still managing to maintain her core personality and Wakandan roots.

When Shuri and Barack Obama met in 2009, they both were newly-appointed heads of state of their respective nations...

I still can't believe we didn't see that battle on panel.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I still can't believe we didn't see that battle on panel.....
    That and more should've been shown on panel, tbh. Way too many cool/important stuff left for the imagination.

That whole Wakanda-Atlantis situation deserved few tie-in issues at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    That and more should've been shown on panel, tbh. Way too many cool/important stuff left for the imagination.

That whole Wakanda-Atlantis situation deserved few tie-in issues at that time.
    Yeah I can't believe we got an Atlantis and Wakandan War and it wasn't some sort of individual event lol.

I mean... that should have been a "Doom War" type of event at the minimum.

then again... the war pretty much went

"surprise phoenix Namor Attack... defeated by Avengers team"

random skirmishes getting people killed on both sides

Namor being over confident about his army "you can't win." T'challa being equally as confident

In the end, T'challa's confidence was at least right as Shuri declares war and next thing you know Atlantis is so F'd up Namor of all people gives up to Proxima lol

And despite that... Wakanda had a strong enough military to turn around and repel a Black Order invasion completely... and then turn around once again and put up a fight.

I mean damn... that military power should have had the world pissing its pants honestly lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah I can't believe we got an Atlantis and Wakandan War and it wasn't some sort of individual event lol.

Namor being over confident about his army "you can't win." T'challa being equally as confident

In the end, T'challa's confidence was at least right as Shuri declares war and next thing you know Atlantis is so F'd up Namor of all people gives up to Proxima lol

And despite that... Wakanda had a strong enough military to turn around and repel a Black Order invasion completely... and then turn around once again and put up a fight.

I mean damn... that military power should have had the world pissing its pants honestly lol
    Indeed.

Slight-off topic, but still connected to the bold in your post...this current season of BP should've been all about Wakanda's new foreign policy and what direction it will go. There is simply no way Wakanda would go back to its regular isolationist policy ever again, after what went down.

T'Challa would want Wakanda to be a leading nation the global community should follow, while others will never trust the outside world ever again. Someone like Tetu should been pushing for an expansion of Wakanda's military might and sphere of influence, with the reasoning being that the best way to for Wakanda to protect itself is for it to dominate the landscape.

The focus of the story is clear and it is a call back to a very important moment in Wakandan history. Would've been a great story to read, if done right.

I co-sign this. Too much of Hickman's run (the cool stuff) happened off panel. while meaningless and useless additions, (zebra kids, Caps 4-5 issues of time travelling) were given too much focus and panel space and in the end amounted to nothing at all.

The things i would of liked to see on panel:

More of the war between Atlantis and Wakanda (maybe even something like Shuri figuring out who the traitors were who leaked information about the ambush and the 60 wakandan elites getting killed) a few more pages of Terrax vs Illuminati. Illuminati vs Thanos, and Illuminati vs TGS. Basically all the fights should of had more focus, especially Wakanda vs Atlantis and the Black Order

By Khoi Pham

Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-03-2016 at 05:05 AM.