Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Sketch of Shuri's vibranium armor, by Ken Lashley.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 09-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

Much appreciation for this thread RealDealHoly but on the real, I'm not feeling this post Djalia Shuri nonsense.

As far as I'm concerned, Queen Shuri morte tha earned her place as Wakanda's ruler, totally dedicated to her people minus her brothers divided loyalties.

I'll always rember her as my preferred Black Panther pre-Coates fake "woke" agenda laden narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Much appreciation for this thread RealDealHoly but on the real, I'm not feeling this post Djalia Shuri nonsense.

As far as I'm concerned, Queen Shuri morte tha earned her place as Wakanda's ruler, totally dedicated to her people minus her brothers divided loyalties.

I'll always rember her as my preferred Black Panther pre-Coates fake "woke" agenda laden narrative.
    Much appreciate the post Maj. Def agree that Shuri earned her place as Wakanda's ruler, just like T'Challa and the previous panthers have done. That and her clear and definite loyalties are def a plus. There is no ambiguity on who's side she's on, regardless of the conflict or situation.

As for the Djalia stuff, I think it was honestly just a way to keep T'Challa as king, while still have Shuri around. No other reason behind it, especially considering how Secret Wars was poised to end. I expected T'Challa to be king by the start of this current run in light of the MCU announcement and his appearance in Cap: Civil War.

My biggest concern at this juncture is Shuri's personality and beliefs. It took a long time and a lot of writers for Shuri to be who she became prior to her death and I firmly believe that both T'Challa and Wakanda need someone like her in their corner. It would be a damn shame if Coates were to give her a major personality change due, with the Djalia journey as the excuse behind it.

Crossing my fingers that, for once, Coates doesn't confirm one of my fears of this run.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-26-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Did not know that. Makes sense considering her position at the time.

Assuming Letitia Wright is indeed playing Shuri, I agree that she def isn't my ideal pick or even my second, third, or even fourth choice. I would've done it differently. On the bright side, she's a good actress. She'll do a good job with what she's given.

She def looks more like a QDJ to me, but I don't know how they are going to fit her story in, if they go that direction.
    She being cast as ethier would be a major let down for me.. Ke Ke Palmer for QDJ and Zethu Dlomo for Queen Shuri.. Letitia can play T'Challa birth mother or mcu version of T'Shan or Madame Slay or all new movie character..

Much appreciate the post Maj. Def agree that Shuri earned her place as Wakanda's ruler, just like T'Challa and the previous panthers have done. That and her clear and definite loyalties are def a plus. There is no ambiguity on who's side she's on, regardless of the conflict or situation.

As for the Djalia stuff, I think it was honestly just a way to keep T'Challa as king, while still have Shuri around. No other reason behind it, especially considering how Secret Wars was poised to end. I expected T'Challa to be king by the start of this current run in light of the MCU announcement and his appearance in Cap: Civil War.

My biggest concern at this juncture is Shuri's personality and beliefs. It took a long time and a lot of writers for Shuri to be who she became prior to her death and I firmly believe that both T'Challa and Wakanda need someone like her in their corner. It would be a damn shame if Coates were to give her a major personality change due, with the Djalia journey as the excuse behind it.

Crossing my fingers that, for once, Coates doesn't confirm one of my fears of this run.
    Consigned....

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    She being cast as ethier would be a major let down for me.. Ke Ke Palmer for QDJ and Zethu Dlomo for Queen Shuri.. Letitia can play T'Challa birth mother or mcu version of T'Shan or Madame Slay or all new movie character..
    Keke Palmer would work great for QDJ. Not to mention, it's another known name to the cast, if it were to happen.

Zethu Dlomo? Good choice, looks the part no doubt. Her acting is solid too. You never know, they've gone with John Kani for T'Chaka, perhaps they'll cast another South African for such a role. I wonder if she knows Xhosa, considering that is what the Wakandans speak in the MCU.

Family banter

Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Great thread. I'm glad that Shuri has returned to the world of the living and I'm excited to learn more about her. I liked her as Black Panther and think her habit is straight fire:

I always liked the fur highlights along her neck and by her elbows. The purple cape adds some nice color. I feel like her shorter cape works so much better for her than it ever did for T'Challa. The necklace is cool too.

Her power armor was always cool too. I liked
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Great thread. I'm glad that Shuri has returned to the world of the living and I'm excited to learn more about her. I liked her as Black Panther and think her habit is straight fire:

I always liked the fur highlights along her neck and by her elbows. The purple cape adds some nice color. I feel like her shorter cape works so much better for her than it ever did for T'Challa. The necklace is cool too.

Her power armor was always cool too. I liked
    Welcome to the thread!

Always was a big fan of that armor. Prior to the announcement of her new outfit, I felt that should've been her default combat gear.

The necklace was a good touch as well. Funny enough, it carried managed to be carried over throughout the years, even in video games.

All three of Shuri's outfits. Crazy how different the Ancient Future Armor (the outfit on the right) looks compared to the others.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-26-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Just realized that both Shuri AND Namor are back from the dead.

Safe to say that no love was lost between the two, lol. Their encounter, whenever it happens, should be an interesting one.

By JG Jones.

By JG Jones.

Nice find. I like the inclusion of Cap's shield as well. Her carrying the Spear of Bashenga is cool too. I liked that it became her go to weapon and I wonder if she will still wield since returning from Djalia.

She also has some great cosplay:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find. I like the inclusion of Cap's shield as well. Her carrying the Spear of Bashenga is cool too. I liked that it became her go to weapon and I wonder if she will still wield since returning from Djalia.
    The spear of Bashenga usually goes to the ruler of the country. As the current ruler, T'Challa would be the one wielding it.

Here's the full version of that pic, by Tula Lotay. Very 'Shuri-esque'. Love it.

I really like the concept of Djalia and I want to read more about it. I think there is a ton of story potential that can be made out of it and I'm interested in learning more about Shuri's abilities.