Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shuri Appreciation: Princess of Wakanda (2018)

In light of Shuri coming back from the "dead" in the most recent issue of Black Panther (Black Panther #8 by Coates), I figured..."Why not a Shuri thread?"

Let's see how it goes. Hoping that this thread fares better better than my War Machine appreciation thread (poor Rhodey).

Shuri's officially back...with some brand new gear...

Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-06-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Huh! I'm kind of surprised she didn't have one already...although I guess she was talked about enough in the main Black Panther thread to where it was kind of a stealth Shuri Appreciation Thread. Nice to see her with one though .

And yeah, poor Rhodey .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh! I'm kind of surprised she didn't have one already...although I guess she was talked about enough in the main Black Panther thread to where it was kind of a stealth Shuri Appreciation Thread. Nice to see her with one though .

And yeah, poor Rhodey .
    Yea, after some thought, I figured "oh, what the heck, lets do it" lol.

Poor Rhodey indeed. Not only is his profile slowly reducing in the MCU (his appearance in Civil War was the best in a looooong time, almost by default), but now he's dead in the comics...and his appreciation thread didn't get much traction.

Funny enough, Rhodey and Shuri seemed to have a good working relationship during the Mayberry run. If she was alive during the start of the ANAD launch, I suspect she may have attended the funeral, due to his actions during Doomwar.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 11-26-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And yeah, poor Rhodey .
    She had one before the reboot

For those wondering "Who on earth is Shuri?" Here is her wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuri_(comics)

Brief summary...

BIO

-Sister of T'Challa, the Black Panther.

-Princess (and former Queen) of Wakanda and heiress to the Wakandan throne.

-Became the Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda, and remained as such till her "death" in New Avengers #24 by Hickman.

Personality

-Generally brash and headstrong in her earlier years, although she matured a lot now.

-Quite ruthless when dealing with Wakanda's enemies.

-Holds a nationalistic stance politically. Leans more on the traditional side of things, but nowhere to the extreme of M'Baku and the White Gorilla clan.

Abilities (prior to "Death")

-Highly-educated, due to being a member of the Wakandan royal family.

-Extensively trained martial artist.

-Enhanced speed, agility, strength, endurance and senses via consuming the heart-shaped herb.

*UPDATE*

-New codename: Griot.

-New title: Aja-Adanna (Keeper of Wakandan lore).

-Highly-trained martial artist.

-Acquired knowledge of Wakanda's history before the emergence of the Black Panthers.

-Animorphism: Transforms into flock of birds, capable of flight and offensive abilities. Can combine flock of birds into a large bird, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Stone Skin: Can turn skin into stone, making her impervious to handgun and assault rifle fire (length of time tbd).

-Super speed: can move around at a rapid speed. Can even run vertically on walls while using super speed. How fast is she compared to other speedsters remains to be seen.

-Can temporarily transfer her Animorphism power to another person via touch.

-Necromancy: Can temporarily reanimate Wakandan corpses (takes a lot of energy from her, though).

-Can use most of her power in combination (Stone skin + Animorphism, for example).
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-18-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Speaking of Shuri and Rhodey...

Leaning on Wakandan traditionalism and mysticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

Cant believe I didn't see this in this thread. One of Shuri's best dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Oh and get rid of the white hair. I'd rather they just keep it black.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't mind the white hair if we didn't get Storm and Ramonda walking around with white hair too. It's almost becoming a fashion trend or something.
    With Ramonda and Storm being in the BP books, Shuri having her hair revert to black will help her stand out on that regard.

Black hair with white streaks is a very good compromise, imho. Reverting back to her hair color while the white streaks are a way of acknowledging that she had her journey in the Djalia.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-27-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Cant believe I didn't see this in this thread. One of Shuri's best dialogue.
    Shuri's best moments are often via dialogue, rather than physical feats.

Her convo with Nightcrawler, her inauguration speech, her gloating after defeating the first wave of Thanos' army, her declaring war against Atlantis, her convo with T'Challa prior to her death, her ordering T'Challa to kill Namor, her facing off Aneka and Ayo (some action scenes in that interaction) and several others.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    For those wondering "Who on earth is Shuri?" Here is her wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuri_(comics)

Brief summary...

BIO

-Sister of T'Challa, the Black Panther.

-Princess (and former Queen) of Wakanda and heiress to the Wakandan throne.

-Became the Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda, and remained as such till her "death" in New Avengers #24 by Hickman.

Personality

-Generally brash and headstrong in her earlier years, although she matured a lot now.

-Quite ruthless when dealing with Wakanda's enemies.

-Holds a modern-traditionalist stance politically. Leans more on the traditional side of things, but nowhere to the extreme of M'Baku and the White Gorilla clan.

Abilities (prior to "Death")

-Highly-educated, due to being a member of the Wakandan royal family.

-Extensively trained martial artist.

-Enhanced speed, agility, strength, endurance and senses via consuming the heart-shaped herb.

*UPDATE*

-New codename: Griot.

-Knowledgeable of all of Wakanda's history, including Wakanda before the emergence of the Black Panthers.

-Transforms into flock of birds, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Combines flock of birds into a large bird, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Can turn skin into stone, making her impervious to handgun and assault rifle fire (length of time tbd).

More abilities haven't been shown on panel yet, such as super speed. Will update once that happens.
    Her current abilities need to be updated with:

-Super-Speed (like a cheetah)
    -raising the dead
    -the ability to incorporate others into her "flock-form" and travel with them
    -able to travel between our world and Djalia; can also bring others with her
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Her current abilities need to be updated with:

-Super-Speed (like a cheetah)
    -raising the dead
    -the ability to incorporate others into her "flock-form" and travel with them
    -able to travel between our world and Djalia; can also bring others with her
    Good point. Updating now!

Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-18-2018 at 08:58 AM.