Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, is everyone in the Wakandan Royal family an overachiever?

I thought the show had a pretty solid take on Shuri and her dynamic with T'Challa, although I thought the whole "hack magic" thing she did was a little too much.

I also thought it was weird she had a British accent instead of the vaguely African accent T'Challa has. She mentioned attending Oxford, but was she not raised in Wakanda?
    Yea, that part of Shuri's portrayal was kinda strange. As far as the comics are concern, she never went in Oxford, but studied elsewhere (assumed to be in Wakanda).

Her having a British accent is even stranger, being that she doesn't venture outside of Wakanda much and was raised in Wakanda. Other non-comic book mediums have Shuri with an African accent, so for this show to go a different direction is a bit confusing.

I liked Shuri's portrayal overall, but the accent thing is a detail that hopefully gets fixed eventually.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-08-2018 at 09:26 AM.

New BP trailer!

http://sherlockspeare.tumblr.com/pos...-rise-tv-spotx

Lol, reminds me of Shuri and T'Challa interacting during the Liss run. Good times .
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-09-2018 at 06:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's kinda cool how Shuri, a character who frankly appeared out of thin air one day after the mythos having existed for decades without her, as become so important to T'Challa. I think the writers have done a nice job of incorporating her into his life. I'll admit I was a little worried she'd find herself in limbo after T'CHalla took back his mantle in Hickmans run, but if anything I think Shuri has actually become a bigger part of his life.
    I’m kind of surprised by her continuing existence. Now I wonder what would happen if Marvel made a mini series showcase where Shuri was during the more important moments in T’challa’s history like when the Fantastic Four first visit Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I’m kind of surprised by her continuing existence. Now I wonder what would happen if Marvel made a mini series showcase where Shuri was during the more important moments in T’challa’s history like when the Fantastic Four first visit Wakanda.
    I would say that Shuri was either in her walkabout outside Wakanda (like T'Challa was when he first met Storm). Or have Shuri be in outer space near Earth's orbit, with a Wakandan science team testing new tech for Wakanda's space program.

In either--or both--cases, T'Challa could be providing updates to Shuri via long-distance communication on what he has going through during the pre-Hudlin era.

In completely random news, Aaron Covington, co-writer of Creed, will be writing two issues of BP: Long Live the King. Next issue comes out tomorrow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ington-1073096

Preview:

Long Live the King Preview (continued)

Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-09-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm hoping Rise of the Panther will retroactively insert Shiri (and Hunter) into the past they didn't exist in at the time. We're already seeing bits of Shuri and Hunter at T'Chakas death. Hopefully we get some dialogue out of them too.

New article of Letitia Wright by Vogue.

https://www.vogue.com/article/letiti....co/ctVzvSY2IT

“We have a lot of vulnerabilities, too,” says the actress of her Black Panther character, Shuri, a princess blessed with impressive scientific and technological skills. “A lot of young people relate to her—she’s passionate about improving where she comes from,” adds Wright, 24, who was born in Guyana and raised in London. “I hope it can spark someone to say, ‘I’m not a superhero, but I can be a scientist or build the next spaceship, like Shuri.’ ”