Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Shuri’s name is part of a trophy/achievement for the Black Panther dlc pack in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2
    Attachment 62019
    Ayyyye!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    For those wondering "Who on earth is Shuri?" Here is her wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuri_(comics)

Brief summary...

BIO

-Sister of T'Challa, the Black Panther.

-Princess (and former Queen) of Wakanda and heiress to the Wakandan throne.

-Became the Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda, and remained as such till her "death" in New Avengers #24 by Hickman.

Personality

-Generally brash and headstrong in her earlier years, although she matured a lot now.

-Quite ruthless when dealing with Wakanda's enemies.

-Holds a modern-traditionalist stance politically. Leans more on the traditional side of things, but nowhere to the extreme of M'Baku and the White Gorilla clan.

Abilities (prior to "Death")

-Highly-educated, due to being a member of the Wakandan royal family.

-Extensively trained martial artist.

-Enhanced speed, agility, strength, endurance and senses via consuming the heart-shaped herb.

*UPDATE*

-New codename: Griot.

-Knowledgeable of all of Wakanda's history, including Wakanda before the emergence of the Black Panthers.

-Transforms into flock of birds, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Combines flock of birds into a large bird, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Can turn skin into stone, making her impervious to handgun and assault rifle fire (length of time tbd).

More abilities haven't been shown on panel yet, such as super speed. Will update once that happens.
    Thanks for providing all this info.

Shuri was great in the BP film! She really was one of the best characters in this film and major props to Letitia Wright for really bringing this character to life! I love what was done with her in this film as we saw her brilliance and her battle skills. I even saw a few of the people in the theater with face paint like Shuri's. I look forward to seeing more of her in the MCU films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

For those wondering "Who on earth is Shuri?" Here is her wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuri_(comics)

Brief summary...

BIO

-Sister of T'Challa, the Black Panther.

-Princess (and former Queen) of Wakanda and heiress to the Wakandan throne.

-Became the Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda, and remained as such till her "death" in New Avengers #24 by Hickman.

Personality

-Generally brash and headstrong in her earlier years, although she matured a lot now.

-Quite ruthless when dealing with Wakanda's enemies.

-Holds a modern-traditionalist stance politically. Leans more on the traditional side of things, but nowhere to the extreme of M'Baku and the White Gorilla clan.

Abilities (prior to "Death")

-Highly-educated, due to being a member of the Wakandan royal family.

-Extensively trained martial artist.

-Enhanced speed, agility, strength, endurance and senses via consuming the heart-shaped herb.

*UPDATE*

-New codename: Griot.

-Knowledgeable of all of Wakanda's history, including Wakanda before the emergence of the Black Panthers.

-Transforms into flock of birds, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Combines flock of birds into a large bird, capable of flight and offensive abilities.

-Can turn skin into stone, making her impervious to handgun and assault rifle fire (length of time tbd).

More abilities haven't been shown on panel yet, such as super speed. Will update once that happens.
    Her current abilities need to be updated with:

-Super-Speed (like a cheetah)
    -raising the dead
    -the ability to incorporate others into her "flock-form" and travel with them
    -able to travel between our world and Djalia; can also bring others with her
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Shuri was great in the BP film! She really was one of the best characters in this film and major props to Letitia Wright for really bringing this character to life! I love what was done with her in this film as we saw her brilliance and her battle skills. I even saw a few of the people in the theater with face paint like Shuri's. I look forward to seeing more of her in the MCU films.
    Great to hear! Haven't seen the movie yet, but been hearing nothing but positives about her portrayal, as well as everyone else. Can't wai!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Her current abilities need to be updated with:

-Super-Speed (like a cheetah)
    -raising the dead
    -the ability to incorporate others into her "flock-form" and travel with them
    -able to travel between our world and Djalia; can also bring others with her
    Good point. Updating now!

Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-18-2018 at 08:58 AM.

I liked movie Shuri, but it's one of the MCU characters who have absolutely nothing in common with the comics version.

Shuri was one of my favorite, especially in her mini series Klaws of the Panther. But last time I checked a BP comics, she was in a mystical journey that made me lost some interest. But at least she's not dead anymore, so I have to thank Coates for that.

BANNED

I absolutely love it! More please?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I liked movie Shuri, but it's one of the MCU characters who have absolutely nothing in common with the comics version.

Shuri was one of my favorite, especially in her mini series Klaws of the Panther. But last time I checked a BP comics, she was in a mystical journey that made me lost some interest. But at least she's not dead anymore, so I have to thank Coates for that.
    I think for the MCU they sort of feel free to take liberties with supporting characters. With main character I think there's a greater obligation to at least stay true to the spirit of the source material. But with supporting case, they seem to feel free to do whatever they feel as far as fitting the characters into the movie. Hence us getting things like the Natalie Portman version of Jane Foster, or even possible the MCU version of White Wolf.

Still, I enjoyed the MCU version of the character. Part of me wishes the comic version debuted that way. The movie version was a lot of fun right out of the gate. But honestly in the comics it took a bit of time for me to warm up to Shuri. Though obviously I'm a fan of hers now.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I absolutely love it! More please?
    Will be posting more pics periodically. Stay tuned!

Very interesting posts concerning MCU Shuri. Won't be seeing the film till Tuesday, so I'll be giving my two cents on her portrayal then. Very eager to see it!

MCU Shuri and Griot Shuri in Marvel Future Fight.

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...&v=15zRwCenjXU

Turns out the MCU made a concept art of Shuri in a BP outfit. Very surprised that they even have one.

Concept art is from "Black Panther: Art of the Movie."