Page 106 of 148 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2217

I'm super late, but I finally saw the Black Panther movie. Excellent film and absolutely worth watching. Great job by everyone involved.

Also, extremely impressed with Letitia Wright's portrayal of Shuri. She knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to see her and the rest of the cast in the BP sequels.

Curious on what Shuri's MCU journey will be. Should be lots of fun

Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-18-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Fantastic Member

Saw the Black Panther movie a couple of days ago and loved Shuri. Having looked through the last few pages of this thread, it seems the comic book version is quite different from the MCU version. What Shuri stories would people recommend (preferably tell me what trades they are in)?

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    Saw the Black Panther movie a couple of days ago and loved Shuri. Having looked through the last few pages of this thread, it seems the comic book version is quite different from the MCU version. What Shuri stories would people recommend (preferably tell me what trades they are in)?
    The trades I would recommend:

-Who is the Black Panther, by Hudlin. Shuri is introduced in that story.

-Deadliest of the Species, by Hudlin. Shuri becomes the Black Panther in this arc.

-Power and Doomwar, by Mayberry. Immediately follows deadliest of the species. Quite controversial, especially Doomwar. However, Shuri gets a lot of focus in those stories and is more or less the co-lead.

-Everything Dies and Time Runs Out, by Hickman. Solid story overall with huge moments related to the Black Panther franchise. Hickman writes arguably the best Shuri portrayal in comics.

-A Nation Under our Feet, by Coates. Another very controversial story. Shuri gets a good amount of focus and becomes "Griot" in this story arc.

Honorable mentions:

-Black Panther: Deadliest Man Alive, by Liss. Nothing crazy happens here but Shuri gets a good showing, and she's quite hilarious in this book.

-Daredevil #7, by Mark Waid. You get to see some of Shuri's influence in Wakanda as a ruler, as well as a solid portrayal of both her and Matt Murdock.

-Fantastic Four #607 and #608, by Hickman. Somewhat of a prequel of Hickman's "Everything Dies." Solid portrayal of Shuri, T'Challa, and the FF.

-Rise of the Black Panther, by Narcisse. It's still ongoing but Shuri's origins are being somewhat being reintroduced and are being blended in with the timeline of the Priest run. The trade itself (six issues) is a great entry point to T'Challa's story and the Black Panther franchise as well.

Concerning MCU Shuri, I think she is actually a combo of Hudlin Shuri from Who is the Black Panther and Liss' Shuri in the Deadliest Man Alive, as far as personality is concerned. Also, keep in mind that we are only in the first movie and plenty can happen as time goes in. That said, great combo so far
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 02-21-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Variant cover of the relaunched Black Panther #1, by Stanley Lau.

https://twitter.com/artgerm/status/966704137617289216

I like her movie outfit a lot more than what she's wearing in the comics right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Variant cover of the relaunched Black Panther #1, by Stanley Lau.

https://twitter.com/artgerm/status/966704137617289216

This is everything. I like her new look personally and I feel like this image really captures all of its details. Lau has done a great job with portraying Shuri's face as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I like her movie outfit a lot more than what she's wearing in the comics right now...
    Initially I had pretty mixed feelings about her comic book outfit, but it's actually growing on me.

Still think it needs to be simplified and streamlined a little... but it does sort of suit her.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Initially I had pretty mixed feelings about her comic book outfit, but it's actually growing on me.

Still think it needs to be simplified and streamlined a little... but it does sort of suit her.
    If she had Dark Purple or Dark Blue hair it would look much, much better.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is everything. I like her new look personally and I feel like this image really captures all of its details. Lau has done a great job with portraying Shuri's face as well.
    I am soooo getting this variant

The bold is a big deal to me. Yes, I would do some tweaks to it, it were strictly up to me. That said, the suit as is fits her overall beliefs imho, which I think is most important.

MCU Shuri's works great for her, as she's still young and relatively green. Griot Shuri's outfit fits her, considering all the things she has experienced throughout the years, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    If she had Dark Purple or Dark Blue hair it would look much, much better.
    The white hair is the one element I'm not sure I can get behind. In a complete void it might be fine, but with Storm and Ramonda sharing panel time with her it's just white hair overload IMO.

The white hair is the one element I'm not sure I can get behind. In a complete void it might be fine, but with Storm and Ramonda sharing panel time with her it's just white hair overload IMO.
    Agreed on the white hair, I would've kept it its usual black color. That said, it is a detail that can be tweak easily down the line. Nor is it a game changer imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I am soooo getting this variant

The bold is a big deal to me. Yes, I would do some tweaks to it, it were strictly up to me. That said, the suit as is fits her overall beliefs imho, which I think is most important.

MCU Shuri's works great for her, as she's still young and relatively green. Griot Shuri's outfit fits her, considering all the things she has experienced throughout the years, imho.
    Agreed on both points regarding Shuri in the MCU and her current self in the comics. I like what she has become and I want it to be explored more. In regards to her hair, I like the dreads but I wouldn't have made all of her hair white. I would have kept like 2-3 braids white and the rest be her youthful brown. The remaining white braids would be symbolic: its the connection to her ancestral past. Time before time. I see the white braids representing power and tradition. They represent experience, wisdom, and longevity. They invoke resistance and endurance.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!