Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Shuri in the "War of Heroes" card game.

By Rahzzah.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-10-2016 at 05:52 PM.

As much of BPs history and supporting cast that Marvel writers have dropped over the years, I am glad that many have kept Shuri in the storyline.

She has been an entertaining character and is purely Wakandan, while T'Challa is a mix of Wakandan and Western behavior. I like their dynamic.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    As much of BPs history and supporting cast that Marvel writers have dropped over the years, I am glad that many have kept Shuri in the storyline.

She has been an entertaining character and is purely Wakandan, while T'Challa is a mix of Wakandan and Western behavior. I like their dynamic.
    Indeed, and the bold is what makes her special. Her behavior and ideology is very Wakandan, and she's unapologetic about it. Quite interesting (and fortunate) that she survived all those runs, considering she was far from a popular addition when she was first introduced.

As for her dynamic with T'Challa, the thing that stands out the most is the ideological differences, in large part due to their different upbringings. We have, as far as Wakanda is concerned, "the way things could be" (T'Challa) and "the way things are" (Shuri). We honestly don't get much of the latter perspective, especially a version that not only isn't automatically hostile towards T'Challa, but is also it's the correct one in certain instances.

Add the fact that Shuri isn't always T'Challa's subordinate and you have a very interesting character and a very intriguing dynamic between the two Wakandan siblings.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-10-2016 at 05:58 PM.

By Natacha Bustos.

Last edited by Realdealholy; 09-03-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Very impressive.

Sketches by Ken Lashley.

Pencils by Ken Lashley.

Shuri in Lego's Marvel Avengers.

Disney really needs to hype up Shuri more. If they go with her Princess title, she would be good for a merch-line.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Disney really needs to hype up Shuri more. If they go with her Princess title, she would be good for a merch-line.
    Indeed..