Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I'm just happy she has Black locs..
    Def prefer this hair color over the white one.

Edit: would be one thing if her hair color turned white when her powers are active (think DBZ and super saiyans). Outside of that, it should be her normal black color, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Just reread the synopsis. Sounds like they are literally mashing up Comics Shuri and MCU Shuri all the way: from the look to the personality. Yet, it’s suppose to fit with the Coates run (and Coates run is supposed to fit in wit over BP continuity)?

Also, the part where Shuri has to pick between her own welfare and that of Wakanda? Shuri made that decision many times, including the Coates run.

Again, hoping the book will make much more sense than the synopsis itself.
    I REALLY REALLY hope this is just a badly written synopsis (which does happen).

I want to be excited about this book, but I'm just really confused about this take on the character.

I do like her having black hair though. Wouldn't mind if that stuck.

I hate her hair turning white for any reason just lazy & bland to me.. there so many other colors they could u for a white power up other than white , red, blone & blue lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I hate her hair turning white for any reason just lazy & bland to me.. there so many other colors they could u for a white power up other than white , red, blone & blue lol
    I'd probably dislike the white hair less if she wasn't sharing panel time with Storm and Ramonda.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, since I already gave my opinion on the ongoing itself, how do you guys feel about the comic title, ''Shuri''? I completely understand why they went with that instead of Aja-Adanna, as it is a much more marketable and recognizable name, but should they keep calling her by her codename within the pages, or just embrace Shuri as her ''superhero name'' for all intents and purposes? What about getting a new codename that represents whatever she's supposed to be in this new series?

Alright here is how you do it. Here is how you make this work. First off...

- Have to establish T'challa is gone and they can't make contact with him.

- Have to remind people that Shuri also has a phD in nuclear whatevers

So, book starts on the battlefield, Shuri is out there with the MA and whatever. We see Shuri fighting but her powers aren't working correctly. She tries to call Zombies and they arent re-animating fully. Her speed is slower. She thinks nothing of it and moves on after victory.

Later, when meeting with the tribal coun... shit I mean parliament? consitutitional council? Whatever, talking about T'challa, asking where he is (as we saw they are very dependent on him in S2). Shuri starts to bring up ancient history stuff on how previous council operated when the Monarch was gone... but she can't remember all the details.

Shuri realizes her griot powers are lessening. She feels like she needs to get back to Mother and the Djalia to ensure everything is fine. If the Orisha are gone, is the Djalia next?

She heads to Necropolis with Eden. The problem is, they don't know how to operate the device without T'challa here. Shuri can even make a comment about, "relying on T'challa's genius for so long instead of my own"

Lots of silent panels of Shuri reading T'challa's notes, tinkering, doing sciency nerdy crap. Maybe some comments about how she's "missed this" in her years of ruling Wakanda.

Another skirmish at the border, and Shuri's powers are becoming completely unreliable.

Without the Black Panther around, with Shuri's meta powers diminishing... Shuri turns to tech to protect Wakanda.

she starts with her old damaged armor from the Namor fight, scavages what she can to make... tada... the movie gauntlet things!

Shuri re-invigorates and leads the Wakanda Design Group, because Wakanda cannot depend on "one man" to make innovations (synergy with Coates while recognizing T'challa's brilliance).

The "sacrifice" Shuri has to is spending time keeping Wakanda together as Princess Reagent, spending time protecting the land instead of being in the lab trying to break the "code" to get back to the Djalia to Mother.

Tada... SYNERGY!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

So, book starts on the battlefield, Shuri is out there with the MA and whatever. We see Shuri fighting but her powers aren't working correctly. She tries to call Zombies and they arent re-animating fully. Her speed is slower. She thinks nothing of it and moves on after victory.

Later, when meeting with the tribal coun... shit I mean parliament? consitutitional council? Whatever, talking about T'challa, asking where he is (as we saw they are very dependent on him in S2). Shuri starts to bring up ancient history stuff on how previous council operated when the Monarch was gone... but she can't remember all the details.

Shuri realizes her griot powers are lessening. She feels like she needs to get back to Mother and the Djalia to ensure everything is fine. If the Orisha are gone, is the Djalia next?

She heads to Necropolis with Eden. The problem is, they don't know how to operate the device without T'challa here. Shuri can even make a comment about, "relying on T'challa's genius for so long instead of my own"

Lots of silent panels of Shuri reading T'challa's notes, tinkering, doing sciency nerdy crap. Maybe some comments about how she's "missed this" in her years of ruling Wakanda.

Another skirmish at the border, and Shuri's powers are becoming completely unreliable.

Without the Black Panther around, with Shuri's meta powers diminishing... Shuri turns to tech to protect Wakanda.

she starts with her old damaged armor from the Namor fight, scavages what she can to make... tada... the movie gauntlet things!

Shuri re-invigorates and leads the Wakanda Design Group, because Wakanda cannot depend on "one man" to make innovations (synergy with Coates while recognizing T'challa's brilliance).

The "sacrifice" Shuri has to is spending time keeping Wakanda together as Princess Reagent, spending time protecting the land instead of being in the lab trying to break the "code" to get back to the Djalia to Mother.

Tada... SYNERGY!
    Works for me. I would add that, at the story’s conclusion, either Shuri or her Wakandan Design Group staff, occasionally work on restoring T’Challa’s Djalia Transportation machine and also try to make contact with T’Challa, who’s still lost in space.

I really hope she doesn’t lose her Griot powers though. Besides making her distinct from practically everyone in the BP-verse, there are a lot of storytelling opportunities with it, especially once tech stuff gets involve (Mysticism vs. Tech, or Mysticism combined with tech). Also think that said power can be a opportunity for growth for MCU Shuri as well, down the line.

If this book can somehow maintain a significant portion of Shuri’s personality (Wakanda Forst viewpoints that even Coates managed to maintain, imho), while adding the tech elements and some of MCU Shuri quirks, then I’d consider that a major accomplishment.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-18-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Works for me. I would add that, at the story’s conclusion, either Shuri or her Wakandan Design Group staff, occasionally work on restoring T’Challa’s Djalia Transportation machine and also try to make contact with T’Challa, who’s still lost in space.

I really hope she doesn’t lose her Griot powers though. Besides making her distinct from practically everyone in the BP-verse, there are a lot of storytelling opportunities with it, especially once tech stuff gets involve (Mysticism vs. Tech, or Mysticism combined with tech). Also think that said power can be a opportunity for growth for MCU Shuri as well, down the line.
    I think comic Shuri, in the long run, works best as Griot. (once they actually give rules about her powers so everyhting doesn't seem like an asspull).

Griot Shuri fills a niche. Tech Shuri doesn't if T'challa is around.

If SHuri si tech shuri, then her best case scenario is the Shuri from Rise of the Black Panther. Which is fine, I like that Shuri. But that Shuri is T'challa-lite. Not quite as smart. Not quite as physically formidable. Mostly there for support.

I guess it depends on what they want from Shuri in the future? If they want a purely supporting character, then being a Q is fine. Limited, but fine.

If they want someone that could maybe hold a small solo for a small amount of time, Griot makes a ton more sense.

But, I feel like this is marvel trying to get a quick buck from 6 issues then they likely move on from it.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

best of success. hopefully the comics sell, and can be collected into digests and TPBs. embrace black bookstores and black marketing consultants.

Tada... SYNERGY!
    They don't care enough to do this sadly...

I think comic Shuri, in the long run, works best as Griot. (once they actually give rules about her powers so everyhting doesn't seem like an asspull).

Griot Shuri fills a niche. Tech Shuri doesn't if T'challa is around.

If SHuri si tech shuri, then her best case scenario is the Shuri from Rise of the Black Panther. Which is fine, I like that Shuri. But that Shuri is T'challa-lite. Not quite as smart. Not quite as physically formidable. Mostly there for support.

I guess it depends on what they want from Shuri in the future? If they want a purely supporting character, then being a Q is fine. Limited, but fine.

If they want someone that could maybe hold a small solo for a small amount of time, Griot makes a ton more sense.

But, I feel like this is marvel trying to get a quick buck from 6 issues then they likely move on from it.
    Indeed. Unfortunately, we all know how it will go: decent sales for #1 (not guaranteed it’ll happen) and then it’ll tank hard. Which is why it’s important for the book to be good, if only for trades.

Ironically, by keeping the Griot powers and most of Comic Shuri’s personality, combined with MCU Shuri tech and occasional personality quirks, the book would have a lot of legs in the long run, imho.

Comics Shuri being relegated to T’Challa’s Q would be a bit of a downgrade, imho. Might as well bring back Taku, while having Shuri and T’Challa do their thing on the field.

Comics Shuri being relegated to T’Challa’s Q would be a bit of a downgrade, imho. Might as well bring back Taku, while having Shuri and T’Challa do their thing on the field.

THEY SHOULD BRING BACK TAKU!!!! lol

Yes, I agree about Shuri.

But their is no "point-man" for the comic franchise. completely aimless

Her first spin off book should have been WoW, detailing the Djalia. so ti didnt slow down the main book so much and we got more insight into her and whoever the heck Mother is
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-18-2018 at 06:41 AM.

If this book can somehow maintain a significant portion of Shuri’s personality (Wakanda Forst viewpoints that even Coates managed to maintain, imho), while adding the tech elements and some of MCU Shuri quirks, then I’d consider that a major accomplishment.
    I think it's fine to add to Shuri, as long as they don't take anything away from her.

Being smart is fine. But if they strip away her Griot powers and make her only smart, she becomes reduced to being T'CHalla-lite again because she's just sharing a trait with him which he likely still exceeds her in. In the movies she's smarter than T'Challa, so she doesn't need anything else. She's the freaking smartest person in the universe for all we know. But in the comics, T'CHalla (as far as we know) is still smarter than her, so just being smart isn't enough to allow Shuri to stand out.

Let her be smart, but allow her to keep her powers. No reason she can't have the best of both worlds. Doom can be a tech person and a magic person. Shuri in theory can be both as well.

That is a variant worth going in the collection.