Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2217

... Shuri got 6 inches shorter and 10 years younger.

I hate everything about this so far
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... Shuri got 6 inches shorter and 10 years younger.

I hate everything about this so far
    I expected some synergy with the MCU, but this is looking kinda weird so far.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-22-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I’m all for Shuri being more MCU friendly. All for MCU elements been included. I’m not in favor of Comics Shuri being supplanted by MCU Shuri altogether.

The book’s synopsis stated that Shuri prefers staying in the lab over ruling via the throne. At no point under any Shuri portrayal by any Shuri writer—including Coates—was that the case. That is a major retcon that changes the character drastically.

Furthermore, I don’t think the Griot powers restrict Shuri at all. If anything, it makes her unique. Combining the Griot stuff with MCU science/tech abilities further enhances her, imho.
    Agreed 100%. It will be interesting to read how Shuri gets portrayed. I do not want her to lose her Griot abilities either. I also do not see them as being a rip-off of T'Challa's KOTD powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed 100%. It will be interesting to read how Shuri gets portrayed. I do not want her to lose her Griot abilities either. I also do not see them as being a rip-off of T'Challa's KOTD powers.
    There is a degree of overlap between kotd and Griot, but clearly there is a lot more going on there. Transforming into crowd, transforming into stone, enhanced speed ..... she's got one of the most unique power sets on comics.

I believe that claim is not due to her Griot powers per se, but her out-of-nowhere ability to summon deceased Wakandans as an undead army.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I believe that claim is not due to her Griot powers per se, but her out-of-nowhere ability to summon deceased Wakandans as an undead army.
    There is definitely some overlap between the two power-ups. But the differences between these abilities make them unique to one another. Even the way Shuri and T'Challa commanded the dead was different from one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

True. One of them was actually effective.

Tchallas powers proved very effective ... in that one very specific situation. When you just happen to be surrounded by an army of zombies, it's the greatest power in the worst.

It's just not necessarily useful outside that context.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Tchallas powers proved very effective ... in that one very specific situation. When you just happen to be surrounded by an army of zombies, it's the greatest power in the worst.

It's just not necessarily useful outside that context.
    I was actually referring more to the usage of what was probably the KotD powers in the Coates run, but fair point.

I was actually referring more to the usage of what was probably the KotD powers in the Coates run, but fair point.
    He's got the spear and the tracking ... That's not bad. More useful than the zombie conrtillong thing in most circumstances. Or more useful than communicating with the previous BP's. Being nagged by your parents 24/7 isn't actually a super power. I gained that ability since I got my first cell phone.

I'm Italian. I was BORN with it.

There is definitely some overlap between the two power-ups. But the differences between these abilities make them unique to one another. Even the way Shuri and T'Challa commanded the dead was different from one another.
    The bold gets overlooked imho. T’Challa’s KOTD is not only different, he handles it a lot better than Shuri.

If anything, T’Challa and Shuri should use their respective versions together for maximum damage. That would be a great visual.

T’Challa’s version is better imho. Unlike Shuri, he doesn’t pass out within minutes of usage and the zombies seem more sentient.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-22-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    The bold gets overlooked imho. T’Challa’s KOTD is not only different, he handles it a lot better than Shuri.

If anything, T’Challa and Shuri should use their respective versions together for maximum damage. That would be a great visual.

T’Challa’s version is better imho. Unlike Shuri, he doesn’t pass out within minutes of usage and the zombies seem more sentient.
    True. T'Challa also never raised Zombies like Shuri did. The Zombies he commanded were pre-exisitng thanks to SW. Also, when T'Challa raised the dead, they manifested as spirits rather than as Zombies/corpses.

True. T'Challa also never raised Zombies like Shuri did. The Zombies he commanded were pre-exisitng thanks to SW. Also, when T'Challa raised the dead, they manifested as spirits rather than as Zombies/corpses.
    In theory, T’Challa could take partial or full control of Shuri’s undead army under certain circumstances.

For example, Shuri raises the dead (which seems to be taking a lot of energy out of her), she shares control of the undead with T’Challa, who gives them a clearer purpose, making them deadlier and more efficient.

Or Shuri raises them, and gives full control of them to T’Challa. T’Challa has more energy that Shuri in the tank, but he has to manage it along the way.