Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2217

Infinity War Director Confirms Shuri is the Smartest MCU Character

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-dir...mcu-character/

This revelation caused a huge argument on social media, with folks arguing whether she is indeed the smartest, or deserved to be called the smartest, etc.

Honestly, that “smartest” title is unecessarily placed in a pedestal. So what if Shuri is the smartest? Doesn’t mean that Tony, Banner, and other can’t and aren’t capable of amazing feat. The same thing applies for Shuri if Tony or Banner where deemed the smartest.

Folks need to relax, it’s not that serious.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 08-21-2018 at 06:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

This revelation caused a huge argument on social media, with folks arguing whether she is indeed the smartest, or deserved to be called the smartest, etc.

Honestly, that “smartest” title is unecessarily places in a pedestal. So what if Shuri is smartest? Doesn’t mean that Tony, Banner, and other can’t and aren’t capable of amazing feat. The same thing applies for Shuri if Tony or Banner where deemed the smartest.

It matters because Shuri can do more then them because she is smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    It matters because Shuri can do more then them because she is smarter.
    Reed is deemed smarter than T'Challa in the comics, yet T'Challa surprised Reed via his intelligence on more than one occasion. Hasn't stopped Doom, Tony, Pym, and others from achieving great things either.

Being the "smartest" in the comic world/MCU is ultimately just a title in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly, that “smartest” title is unecessarily places in a pedestal. So what if Shuri is smartest? Doesn’t mean that Tony, Banner, and other can’t and aren’t capable of amazing feat. The same thing applies for Shuri if Tony or Banner where deemed the smartest.

The part about her dazzling everyone with her intellect in Avengers 4 sounds promising.

With a lot less characters in that one, I'm hoping she really gets to shine.

As far as Shuri being the smartest over Stark or Banner .... quite simply she needs it and they don't. Hulk is already the strongest, and Stark is essentially the face off the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The part about her dazzling everyone with her intellect in Avengers 4 sounds promising.

With a lot less characters in that one, I'm hoping she really gets to shine.

As far as Shuri being the smartest over Stark or Banner .... quite simply she needs it and they don't. Hulk is already the strongest, and Stark is essentially the face off the mix.
    Shuri being deemed the smartest hasn't changed the dynamics of the MCU either. She's still a supporting character and Tony/Cap/Hulk/Thor are still the top dawgs, with Spidey/T'Challa/Strange/Carol about move up to those spots once the original Avengers move on.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 08-21-2018 at 06:48 PM.

I would love to see Shuri's BP habit created for the big-screen. I always loved the fur-lining and purple cape.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Reed is deemed smarter than T'Challa in the comics, yet T'Challa surprised Reed via his intelligence on more than one occasion. Hasn't stopped Doom, Tony, Pym, and others from achieving great things either.

Being the "smartest" in the comic world/MCU is ultimately just a title in the grand scheme of things.

it serves to influence how writers treat characters and stories. A la Reed Richards vs everyone else in the 616 these days

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    it serves to influence how writers treat characters and stories. A la Reed Richards vs everyone else in the 616 these days

I always enjoyed that moment.

It will be interesting to see how Shuri reacts to leading Wakanda again. Although I am somewhat reluctant about Nnedi Okorafor writing this title. I did not think her Wakanda Forever mini was all that great. I hope she does better with the Shuri title.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I always enjoyed that moment.

It will be interesting to see how Shuri reacts to leading Wakanda again. Although I am somewhat reluctant about Nnedi Okorafor writing this title. I did not think her Wakanda Forever mini was all that great. I hope she does better with the Shuri title.
    I suspect Nnedi’s writing will be at the least passable.

My main concern is the concepts and the execution of said concepts. Turning Comics Shuri into MCU Shuri in a sudden fashion would be a mistake imho. Would be very jarring too, as it’s occuring during the events of the Coates run.

I suspect Nnedi’s writing will be at the least passable.

My main concern is the concepts and the execution of said concepts. Turning Comics Shuri into MCU Shuri in a sudden fashion would be a mistake imho. Would be very jarring too, as it’s occuring during the events of the Coates run.
    It is especially weird considering T'challa is running around in the Avengers and Captain America book.

This concept is a cluster at the moment all over.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I always loved this scene. Which issue is it? I fear it may have been in my Good Will like years ago.