Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has there been any mention of Shuri appearing in the films?
    Closest thing we've heard is rumors that Letitia Wright might be playing Shuri in the MCU. That hasn't been confirmed, however.

Outside of that, nothing Shuri-related moviewise at the moment. I really hope she's in it. There's no reason for her not to be there. Her father was killed, and killed in foreign soil by a foreigner after he decided that Wakanda shouldn't be isolationist anymore. Not to mention there will be a shakeup in leadership, with T'Challa now at the helm.

Toyed around with the cover pic of BP #9 and centered it a bit. Looks nice imho. The art for this current BP run has definitely been a consistent plus.

Keep Stelfreeze on covers

finding someone new that can draw action scenes and can handle a monthly...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

From Age of Heroes #4. After a long day's work...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Keep Stelfreeze on covers

finding someone new that can draw action scenes and can handle a monthly...
    All I want for xmas is the fuckery on time.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think when T'Challa decides to take a hiatus from Ultimates I'd like to see Shuri take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think when T'Challa decides to take a hiatus from Ultimates I'd like to see Shuri take his place.
    From a narrative standpoint, it's not her style to be part of a team full of non-Wakandans. She usually works with foreigners only if it is to the immediate benefit of Wakanda or if Wakanda is in dire need of help.

If Shuri leads a team book, I can see her leading a team full of Wakandans, something akin to her P.R.I.D.E. team: a Dora Milaje assigned to her, a Hatute Zeraze member, and a Wakandan scientist/tech expert, for example.

The Wakandan royal family: T'Chaka, Ramonda, T'Challa, and Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    From a narrative standpoint, it's not her style to be part of a team full of non-Wakandans. She usually works with foreigners only if it is to the immediate benefit of Wakanda or if Wakanda is in dire need of help.

If Shuri leads a team book, I can see her leading a team full of Wakandans, something akin to her P.R.I.D.E. team: a Dora Milaje assigned to her, a Hatute Zeraze member, and a Wakandan scientist/tech expert, for example.
    Eh... I'm fine with a given writer deciding Shuri is more willing to work with non-Wakandans if that means she's going to be used more often. It's not a huge consession especially when you consider it's not a huge stretch at all to argue the Ultimates benefit Wakanda. Ultimates benefit everyone in the multiverse, in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I'm fine with a given writer deciding Shuri is more willing to work with non-Wakandans if that means she's going to be used more often. It's not a huge consession especially when you consider it's not a huge stretch at all to argue the Ultimates benefit Wakanda. Ultimates benefit everyone in the multiverse, in theory.
    Changing that about her changes a key part of her character. Something that makes her unique. T'Challa is the one that's open to work with foreigners, for various reasons. Shuri? Not so much.

If a writer wants to have her in a team full of foreigners, said writer should create an in-character reason for her to do so, not just her willing to work with foreigners for the sake of working with foreigners.

What I could see her doing is working with a Wakandan version of the Ultimates, except focused mostly on earth; a team that focuses on potential threats to Wakanda before said threats reaches Wakandan borders.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-14-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Shuri getting a love interest would be a very interesting story...

Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-14-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Lettered cover for BP #9, out December 28.