Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    did the thread title change?
    Yea, since last week.

Shuri #1 is in the top 24 of Comixology’s best selling digital comics.

second printing confirmed
    The J-man

How was the art? I'm hearing that it looked like something out of an Archie comic.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

this is really great news!!! congrats shuri fans!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good episodes. Very impressed on the portrayal of relationship between Hunter and Shuri. Always felt that their relationship wouldn’t be as hostile as Hunter and T’Challa’s, for various reasons.
    thank you. truly. but please don't think this version is all we have planned for her. we put EVERYONE through it in this season.

BP related stuff tends to do well online these days, so hopefully this book can keep it up. Because it's a first issue it might not be a true guage of how well this book will perform, but in the least it's off to about as good a start as one can expect.

Shuri makes an appearance in Black Panther Vs Deadpool #1. Quirky art, but I might just get it. Preview below.

Ultimate Member

Oh I can TOP that....

On Amazon her not in print trade (May 2019)

#17 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #24 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Only Carol & Jane Foster & Khan rank higher.

She's the highest of all the recent books that came out since June at EITHER companies.

How was the art? I'm hearing that it looked like something out of an Archie comic.
    I would say more of the 2003 Teen Titans (tv show) comic and the late Mike Parobeck.

Or IDW's Night Owl Society.

I wouldn't get too worked up on it. It's not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The art is disappointing ,especially with the cover art they are using. It is stylized enough to be passable but I don't think art screams pick me up to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    An acquired taste imho. I thought it worked for what the book seems to be going for. Most folks either really like it or found it subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Oh I can TOP that....

On Amazon her not in print trade (May 2019)

#17 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #24 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Only Carol & Jane Foster & Khan rank higher.

She's the highest of all the recent books that came out since June at EITHER companies.
    Not too surprised it’s doing well trade wise. Almost all the BP-related books have done well on that format.

The book doing well digitally (and hopefully floppy-wise) increases the chances of it continuing at some point or being revisited sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    thank you. truly. but please don't think this version is all we have planned for her. we put EVERYONE through it in this season.
    Looking forward to it!

Not too surprised it’s doing well trade wise. Almost all the BP-related books have done well on that format.

The book doing well digitally (and hopefully floppy-wise) increases the chances of it continuing at some point or being revisited sooner than later.
    the other spin offs did well on amazon too and it didn't stop any of them from being cancelled lol.

I wonder if its a coincidence that Rise of the BP was announced as a mini and it did the best sales wise long term? It finished at above cancellation zone.

I am actually suprised they haven't gone the "digital only" route with Shuri like they did with IF, JJ, and Luke. Those will get released as trades later as well. Seems to make more sense for the targeted population
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the other spin offs did well on amazon too and it didn't stop any of them from being cancelled lol.

I wonder if its a coincidence that Rise of the BP was announced as a mini and it did the best sales wise long term? It finished at above cancellation zone.

I am actually suprised they haven't gone the "digital only" route with Shuri like they did with IF, JJ, and Luke. Those will get released as trades later as well. Seems to make more sense for the targeted population
    Announcing it as a mini helped, I think. Folks knew what they were getting into.

The premise helped too, as it served as a jumping-on point for a lot of newbies and added more content for longtime fans.

Above all, it was a good book. I’d argue it’s the best BP-related book of the Coates era so far. It stabilized very quickly, unlike the other spin-off books that freefalled.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I think they want the movie related stuff on the shelves in the vain hope that some of the movie people will check it out at the comic shops and maybe read more.

But yeah... this sort of thing probably will really find it's footing online and in trades.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's one thing I actually liked about Maeberrys Power arc back in the day. When Shuri became Black Panther, she had her own support crew seperate from T'Challa. I thought it was a nice addition which allowed her to step a bit out of his shadown. Shame they sort of vanished into limbo after Maeberry left the book.
    I liked her support team a lot, too. Creating an interesting and compelling supporting cast will be crucial (kind of obvious, I guess, as that can be said of most books)..

I doubt we'll get any of them back, as it seems this volume is more about going forward than looking backwards. But if we get a new group of supporting characters who have nothing to do with T'Challa, the Black Panther mantle and the ruling family, I'll be happy. There's a lot you can do with a group of regular people interacting with a larger than life, super hero/ super powered defender princess. The contrast between her concerns being huge in scope and theirs being more about the day to day, regular lives of the citizens is fertile ground imo.