Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Hmm...just did a brief research and there are some parallels. The "birds" teleportation stuff is an obvious one, as well as protection from human projectiles. The rest of Siryn's new powerset appears to be undefined though. Hopefully Coates gives some clarity as far as Shuri is concerned.

And what exactly is a street-level character these days? That term seems to have blurred a lot. Shuri's foe's have been mystical/cosmic for most of her publication history and with her new upgrades, she's leaning much more under the mystic category. Nor does she function in the streets much either.
    Hopefully her powers will be more defined and better utilized than T'Challa's "King of the Dead".

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hopefully her powers will be more defined and better utilized than T'Challa's "King of the Dead".
    Yo, that KOTD stuff was soooooooo underwhelming. Talking to ancestors (who rejected him) and zombies, basically lol. There were some power ups too, but they were barely shown and were a non-factor in T'Challa's story.

Shuri's powerset better be well-defined, impactful and just plain cool, or else what would be the point of her going through the Djalia stuff anyway?

Crossing my fingers...
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-15-2016 at 06:19 PM.

By Paul Renaud.

Was giving some thought on two question concerning Shuri, upon her return:

-Where will she go from here?

-Where should she go from here?

The first question (where will she go from here?) is very hard to say. Coates's run has been anything but predictable, imho. Didn't expect the limbo-type, or the new costume (expected either the BP or Vibranium armor suit to be used) and power sets.

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is that somehow, someway, Shuri will be the one to facilitate the unification of Wakanda in season 1. I have no idea what direction she'll go in season 2. Will have to wait and see for that one.

As for the second question (where should she go from here, imho)...that she helps facilitate Wakanda's unification isn't too surprising considering previous actions and events.

Beyond that, I'd def like for her to--among other things--serve almost as an ear to the street for the royal family, being well-versed in navigating the political landscape of Wakanda, and being somewhat of a mediator between the monarchy and it's (potential) opponents, especially as far as traditionalist are concerned (outside of Killmonger, traditionalists generally have been the one causing upheaval in the nation).

I think her power set, which apparently is very influenced by the bard class of Dungeon and Dragron, her trip in the Djalia, and even some of her previous decisions and actions (declaring war on Atlantis and actually retaliating) can be very useful in her being successful in that position.

Speaking of Shuri playing mediator, we might just see that when she encounters the MAs. I also suspect she'll mediate a bit when the new government of Wakanda is ultimately formed...
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-16-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Im excited about her powers and terrified at what her personality will be
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Very eager to see what her personality will be. BP #9 can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah I'm wondering if the new power set is going to essentially suck all the life out of the character or not. We don't need any more Wakandan stiffs. Fingers crossed.

Shuri and POTUS.

Random fact: at the time of their meeting, both Shuri and Obama were new to their respective head of state title.

Preview of Black Panther: World of Wakanda #2. Out this coming Wednesday.

Preview of Black Panther: World of Wakanda #2 (continued).

From New Avengers #8 by Hickman.