Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2217

Just read Black Panther Vs. Deadpool. Hilarious book.

-Great T’Challa and Shuri interaction.

-Deadpool was very funny.

-Very good T’Challa portrayal.

-Very good Shuri portrayal. A good balance between the comic and movie versions of the character, imho.

Adding this book to my pull list.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Just read Black Panther Vs. Deadpool. Hilarious book.

-Great T’Challa and Shuri interaction.

-Deadpool was very funny.

-Very good T’Challa portrayal.

-Very good Shuri portrayal. A good balance between the comic and movie versions of the character, imho.

Adding this book to my pull list.
    I liked it a lot too. Kibblesmith is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He made me care about D Man and Lockjaw! No small feat. He was the main reason I picked this book up and I wasn't disappointed. He has such a lively and lighthearted yet meaningful way of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I liked it a lot too. Kibblesmith is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He made me care about D Man and Lockjaw! No small feat. He was the main reason I picked this book up and I wasn't disappointed. He has such a lively and lighthearted yet meaningful way of writing.
    I believe this is the first time we’ve seen T’Challa and Shuri team up in the field of science (correct me if I’m wrong).

We’ve seen them fight together in battle and even debate politics, but never work together during scientific experiments, until now.

The comics needs more of such moments between the two.

especially if we are going to push the "shuri is a tech savant" thing int he comics

i'd like something similar in the MCU, but the roles switched obviously
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I believe this is the first time we’ve seen T’Challa and Shuri team up in the field of science (correct me if I’m wrong).

We’ve seen them fight together in battle and even debate politics, but never work together during scientific experiments, until now.

We know from thr movies that just putting T'Challa and Shuri in a lab together is potential gold. So more of this is a must.

If they are now running with her being a tech person, they probably need to establish her with other comic big brains too.
    When a big problem requires a room full of smart guys (Reed, Stark, Doom, etc) start throwing Shuri in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    especially if we are going to push the "shuri is a tech savant" thing int he comics

i'd like something similar in the MCU, but the roles switched obviously
    As in T’Challa is the tech savant, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We know from thr movies that just putting T'Challa and Shuri in a lab together is potential gold. So more of this is a must.

If they are now running with her being a tech person, they probably need to establish her with other comic big brains too.
    When a big problem requires a room full of smart guys (Reed, Stark, Doom, etc) start throwing Shuri in the mix.
    True, I supposed. I’m one of the few people that does like a lot MCU Shuri, but never really put much stock on the “tech genius” stuff. If is utilized, fine. If not, there’s plenty of things to like about Shuri in both the comics and the movie. The tech genius was never a big element of Shuri’s character anyway (till the movie, of course), unlike in T’Challa’s case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Symbolic King. It's nothing but a title at this point. In large part because of the movie.

I can't really say it's a crisis of he volunteered to go.
    It’s still a crisis. Symbolic king or not, he’s still a man of high importance who wields a lot of power in his country. On top of that, he is Shuri’s brother. Why wouldn’t she be hard at work looking for him?

The Queen of England is also a symbolic title. She has very little actual power, if at all. Like T’Challa, she still wields a lot of influence in her homeland. And if she were to voluntarily fly out into a wormhole and the UK lost contact with her for even three days straight, it would absolutely be a crisis.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-26-2018 at 04:39 PM.

It’s still a crisis. Symbolic king or not, he’s still a man of high importance who wields a lot of power in his country. On top of that, he is Shuri’s brother. Why wouldn’t she be hard at work looking for him?

The Queen of England is also a symbolic title. She has very little actual power, if at all. Like T’Challa, she still wields a lot of influence in her homeland. And if she were to voluntarily fly out into a wormhole and the UK lost contact with her for even three days straight, it would absolutely be a crisis.
    Then why wasn't she hard at work looking for him? Talking to a jump-off on instant messenger and working on flight wings makes it seem like she isn't worried. She designed parts of the ship? Why wasn't she in mission control helping?

Then why wasn't she hard at work looking for him? Talking to a jump-off on instant messenger and working on flight wings makes it seem like she isn't worried. She designed parts of the ship? Why wasn't she in mission control helping?
    From a narrative standpoint? I have no answer for that. I’ve been wondering this since the book came out.

From a non-narrative standpoint? The result of trying to mix MCU Shuri and Comics Shuri. MCU Shuri stalling might make some sense, but Comics Shuri would’ve been on the job (just like she immediately launched an investigation on who tried to kill T’Challa when she became a BP the first time around).
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-26-2018 at 05:32 PM.

From a meta standpoint, it's a Shuri story. Make it about her searching for T'Challa and basically it becomes a story about T'challa.

Not that the question isn't valid .... but that's not this books story to tell.

From a meta standpoint, it's a Shuri story. Make it about her searching for T'Challa and basically it becomes a story about T'challa.

Not that the question isn't valid .... but that's not this books story to tell.
    So the best step it to make her act like she doesn't care, act like a child and blame her gender and being born second on why she isn't ruling and acting like she never been BP before?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So the best step it to make her act like she doesn't care, act like a child and blame her gender and being born second on why she isn't ruling and acting like she never been BP before?...
    She wasn't acting like she was never BP. She was just acting like Tchallas age and gender possibly gave him advantages over her. It was established that she was jeolous in the past, so this isn't a stretch.

She wasn't acting like she was never BP. She was just acting like Tchallas age and gender possibly gave him advantages over her. It was established that she was jeolous in the past, so this isn't a stretch.
    It's a big stretch. Age has nothing to do with as whoever defeats the the current BP becomes King/Queen and BP. And gender has nothing to do with unless you believe a women has a disadvantage over a man.

It's a big stretch. Age has nothing to do with as whoever defeats the the current BP becomes King/Queen and BP. And gender has nothing to do with unless you believe a women has a disadvantage over a man.
    Given there's seemingly been only 1-2 female BP'S as far as we can tell, it's entity possible to assume being a woman is a disadvantage.

Given there's seemingly been only 1-2 female BP'S as far as we can tell, it's entity possible to assume being a woman is a disadvantage.
    That is something to take up with the artist who does the splash pages. The Dora are considered to be the best warriors after a BP, so I would say a trained female has as good a chance as a trained male.