Page 16 of 148 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked Maberry's take on BP. His DoomWar should have had a better ending and the artwork for "Klaws" was terrible, but overall I liked his run. As others have mentioned, I liked the supporting cast given to Shuri including Flea and the rest of P.R.I.D.E. I also liked the introduction of Mistress Aneka and the reformatting of the Dora Milaje from personal bodyguards to Royal Army. The original Midnight Angels and Shadow Physics were nice additions. I also liked Ohyaku and the Desturi.
    Honestly, the art on Klaws was simply horrible. Whatever potential there were writing wise was easily negated by the bad look of the book.

The Mayberry run had some good ideas but Doomwar really overshadowed it. Not to mention that barely any of the Mayberry stuff got picked up after he left.

In fact, I don't think anything Mayberry did got picked up since he left, until Coates came in.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-30-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Maeberry did a pretty descent job as far as setting up Shiri as,her own character. He created some new rogues just for her, a new supporting cast just for her, and her own unique tool set of gear and weapons. He laid down a descent foundation to build upon.
    That he did, in fairness to him. Hudlin did plant some seeds in Deadliest of the Species, but Mayberry went much further along with it in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shuri and Namor are both too... hot headed? arrogant? to be in the same room together for too long lol.

T'challa is more chill... Namor can drop sarcastic remarks all day and he would just roll his eyes. Shuri would try to break his jaw after like the second comment lol

And yeah... Doom/T'challa is pre Priest by a long shot
    T'Challa's the more diplomatic of the two, so him tolerating Namor for a lengthy period of time is def understandable. It's a wonder how he tolerated Namor throughout the Hickman run.

Any talk between Shuri and Namor at this point would probably require a mediator (probably T'Challa) to get things moving along as quietly as possible. Or else they'll get at each other's throats lol.

Found this random tweet...

https://twitter.com/chrisrobinson/st...34065937534977

Is that Shuri holding...a hammer?

the kind of hammer you use if you wanna break your knuckles I guess?

or is SHuri going all The Raid on Tetu?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

the kind of hammer you use if you wanna break your knuckles I guess?

or is SHuri going all The Raid on Tetu?

Will we finally get some epic fight scenes? Justified Retribution? Hammer dropping pow-pow?

EDIT: WTF that girl's running in a subway train with a hammer?! LOL!!!

Black Panther WoW #2 just came out. Shuri's portrayal was alright and not too unexpected. The preview was a significant portion of her portrayal.

More I think I about it, the more I feel WoW should've been about Shuri's perspective during AvX and New Avengers until her "death." A lot of story there.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-21-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

More I think I about it, the more I feel WoW should've been about Shuri's perspective during AvX and New Avengers until her "death." A lot of story there.
    a TON TON TON of story there.

- Did Shuri fully agree with the Avengers being there during AvX? Did she need convinced by T'challa?

- What did she think afterwards? Was she having doubts about T'challa's decisionmaking or was the sacrifice "for the greater good?"

- What did she think about Storm?

- What went into her decision to go to war?

- Were there really people in Wakanda wanting her gone like Namor said?

- How did she feel after Tchalla's "betrayal" with Namor? How did Ramonda feel?

- How did T'challa and Shuri reconcile in the 8 month gap? Did shuri fight back whent he Cabal came? Was Tchalla there too?

- What really really went into her decision to suicide herself? Did she finally just break and she was done?

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo much story there. ANd it would have been a chance to remind people who shuri was and what she was about before possibly trying to spin her off into her own ongoing post revival

instead, we focused on a pair of new characters who, to be completely fair, only have a title because their queer. And those some characters could have been supporting characters in this "shuri focused" book and still could have lead into any sort of MA book if Marvel was thinking about it still.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

a TON TON TON of story there.

- Did Shuri fully agree with the Avengers being there during AvX? Did she need convinced by T'challa?

- What did she think afterwards? Was she having doubts about T'challa's decisionmaking or was the sacrifice "for the greater good?"

- What did she think about Storm?

- What went into her decision to go to war?

- Were there really people in Wakanda wanting her gone like Namor said?

- How did she feel after Tchalla's "betrayal" with Namor? How did Ramonda feel?

- How did T'challa and Shuri reconcile in the 8 month gap? Did shuri fight back whent he Cabal came? Was Tchalla there too?

- What really really went into her decision to suicide herself? Did she finally just break and she was done?

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo much story there. ANd it would have been a chance to remind people who shuri was and what she was about before possibly trying to spin her off into her own ongoing post revival

instead, we focused on a pair of new characters who, to be completely fair, only have a title because their queer. And those some characters could have been supporting characters in this "shuri focused" book and still could have lead into any sort of MA book if Marvel was thinking about it still.
    I'm inclined to agree, especially in light of Shuri's recent return and apparent new path. Almost all the big stuff that T'Challa was dealing with, Shuri was there and even directly or indirectly involved.

When the announcement on the WoW book mentioned that the first arc would focus on Aneka and Ayo, I was very surprised. Not because Aneka and Ayo are necessarily bad characters, but because of how brand new they are. They've only had 4-5 appearances in the main BP run with the bulk of them in the first three. Compared to Shuri and Ramonda who have more history and could even fill up a lot of gaps in the main BP book.

In Shuri's case, her side of things has been one of the biggest gaps in the previous events and easily ties-in to not only what she, as the Queen of Wakanda at the time, was doing and how she felt during those times, but also how the Wakandan people felt as well being that she was the ruler during said events. The Wakandan people question is a key factor considering the Wakandan people appear to have issues with T'Challa in particular (or is it the monarchy overall? Shuri's side of things could've answered that too). Under the right writer, her side of things could be very political in nature too.

Lots and lots of story there. Aneka and Ayo's story is rather straightforward. The way it's being written isn't helping either, as it read like a basic "drama-ish" story without that "hmmf" needed to get one's attention. I now question if WoW will even survive past its initial six issues.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-21-2016 at 08:08 AM.

I'm inclined to agree, especially in light of Shuri's recent return and apparent new path. Almost all the big stuff that T'Challa is dealing with, Shuri was there and even directly or indirectly involved.

When the announcement on the WoW book mentioned that the first arc would focus on Aneka and Ayo, I was very surprised. Not because Aneka and Ayo are necessarily bad characters, but because of how brand new they are. They've only had 4-5 appearances in the main BP run with the bulk of them in the first three. Compared to Shuri and Ramonda who have more history and could even fill up a lot of gaps in the main BP book.

In Shuri's case, her side of things has been one of the biggest gaps in the previous events and easily ties-in to not only what she, as the Queen of Wakanda at the time, was doing and how she felt during those times, but also how the Wakandan people felt as well being that she was the ruler during said events. The Wakandan people question is a key factor considering the Wakandan people appear to have issues with T'Challa in particular (or is it the monarchy overall? Shuri's side of things could've answered that too). Under the right writer, her side of things could be very political in nature too.

Lots and lots of story there. Aneka and Ayo's story is rather straightforward. The way it's being written isn't helping either, as it read like a basic "drama-ish" story without that "hmmf" needed to get one's attention. I now question if WoW will even survive past its initial six issues.
    I really wanna know how T'challa and Shuri ended back together.

God damn Hickman and his time jumps. He (imo) did such a disservice to T'challa in so many ways. Details... its the details and the landing.

I really wanna know how T'challa and Shuri ended back together.

God damn Hickman and his time jumps. He (imo) did such a disservice to T'challa in so many ways. Details... its the details and the landing.
    Indeed. And I am certain Coates will attempt to fill-in the gaps and I'm can't say for certain I'll like his interpretation of their meeting.

The way WoW is being handled, I'm kinda happy Shuri isn't the focus on this 6-issue arc. Geez...

If WoW survives somehow, and Shuri ends up being a focus, if not the focus, I'm hoping it's at the hands of a different writer. Agenda stuff aside, the writing in that book is very average and lacking.

One thing I hope is definitely explored upon Shuri's return to the living is her relationship with the Hatute Zeraze. Very different compared to T'Challa's. While the HZ have been historically hostile towards T'Challa--and that hostility showed during the Hickman run--the HZ were pretty much loyal to Shuri, even willing to lay their lives on the line for her.

You forgot the next page where we see Black Dwarf and T'chalal throw down right?

RIGHT!!!

RIGHT!??!???!!