Page 27 of 148 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I like how Shuri's new power set edge on mystical more so than T'Challa gives more of a contrast to her

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    I like how Shuri's new power set edge on mystical more so than T'Challa gives more of a contrast to her
    It was a well-needed contrast. The personality differences between her and T'Challa were pretty clear, but too many fans/readers were still hung up on the power set similarities, a power set they've associated with T'Challa primarily.

With the new power set, Shuri can go her own way and the differences between both characters as a whole are pretty clear now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    It was a well-needed contrast. The personality differences between her and T'Challa were pretty clear, but too many fans/readers were still hung up on the power set similarities, a power set they've associated with T'Challa primarily.

With the new power set, Shuri can go her own way and the differences between both characters as a whole are pretty clear now.
    I like how it opens her up to the MU she can form her own independent relationships with select characters outside of T'Challas pals.

I want more background on Djalia though, interesting concept that needs more exploring

I like how it opens her up to the MU she can form her own independent relationships with select characters outside of T'Challas pals.

I want more background on Djalia though, interesting concept that needs more exploring
    Now that you mentioned it, practically all of Shuri's non-Wakandan allies have a T'Challa connection of some kind. Shuri having her own non-Wakandan allies would be a story in and of itself, considering her political perspective. Her interaction with non-Wakanadans is generally very businesslike. If it doesn't benefit Wakanda, said interaction will very likely won't happen.

The Djalia should def be looked into more too, now that it appears there is a (somewhat dangerous) way to access it. A lot of story to tell on that front.

I think it's important that Shiri be able to do something T'Challa can't. When they have the same power set with him being able to do everything she can only better, it sort of kept her in his shadow. A completely different powerset means there's no redundancy. In RPG terms he can be a damage dealer while she can be a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's important that Shiri be able to do something T'Challa can't. When they have the same power set with him being able to do everything she can only better, it sort of kept her in his shadow. A completely different powerset means there's no redundancy. In RPG terms he can be a damage dealer while she can be a controller.
    The new power set will help her stand out, no doubt. That being said, I originally felt that their differences in personality, leadership style, and problem-solving would've been enough. Didn't realize that the power set stuff was that big of a deal to a good amount of BP fans/readers till recently.

Plus when you think about it, the BP power set isn't that unique in comics. It's the Wakandan throne, the perks of having said throne, and the individual BP's competence that separate the mantle from the pack. In T'Challa's case, it was him being highly intelligent and being a king that makes him unique, not necessarily his power set.

Interestingly enough, Miles Morales is getting a lot of props as a character, even as he's been integrated into the 616 verse, despite the strong similarities between him and Peter Parker, power set wise. Miles' personality, which differs from Peter, probably has a lot to do with it
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-15-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Now that you mentioned it, practically all of Shuri's non-Wakandan allies have a T'Challa connection of some kind. Shuri having her own non-Wakandan allies would be a story in and of itself, considering her political perspective. Her interaction with non-Wakanadans is generally very businesslike. If it doesn't benefit Wakanda, said interaction will very likely won't happen.

The Djalia should def be looked into more too, now that it appears there is a (somewhat dangerous) way to access it. A lot of story to tell on that front.
    New power set means new mindset maybe she should be open to other heros now. With her power set now I think she would be a real good fit for and Iron Fist arc or Captain Britain

New power set means new mindset maybe she should be open to other heros now. With her power set now I think she would be a real good fit for and Iron Fist arc or Captain Britain
    Has her mind set on that issue changed? All her interactions in the current BP books so far have been with Wakandans. I wouldn't be too surprised if that part of her hasn't changed much, even with the new power set.

I can see her interacting with other heroes (especially with the ones she already knew personally), as her power set gives her more versatility and thus a better chance to appear in other books. The businesslike approach will probably still be there though, which can be a source of good storytelling and even dramatic/humorous moments too.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-15-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Have Shuri and Storm met since AvX ?

Have Shuri and Storm met since AvX ?
    Not to my knowledge, which is interesting considering the history both Shuri and Storm share. I get the feeling Coates will have the two of them interact sooner or later.

A convo between both characters is long overdue, imho.

BP: WoW #3 came out today. Very weird book imho, from a BP perspective. Shuri and Ramonda's panels were the best part of the book, imho.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-18-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Yeah they were. Easily.

Its like... an adult conversation! lol

And they were both right. T'challa has his reasons... but Shuri should have been informed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BTW, Shuri in her new outfit was in Monsters Unleashed #1

one of the monsters landed in the Golden City
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html