Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates is kinda like a MCU movie

focus is on supporting cast and hero

villains are thin
    Lol. Yep, Coates has much more TV influence than a comic book one in his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The MA were the long term supporting characters. Zenzi and Tetu were just one dimensional threats. I personally would have wanted more investment in Tetu. I would have liked to see him commune more to whatever god he worships and bigger displays of power.
    Tetu in particular had a bit of nuance initially, when he mentioned his grievances in BP #3. That nuance went away quickly after #4 and #5.

Lol. Yep, Coates has much more TV influence than a comic book one in his writing.
    Crazy as it sounds, this season would translate very well as a TV series imho, with a few tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Tetu in particular had a bit of nuance initially, when he mentioned his grievances in BP #3. That nuance went away quickly after #4 and #5.

Crazy as it sounds, this season would translate very well as a TV series imho, with a few tweaks.
    I personally like villains with greater nuance... having them have an understandable position makes them and the story more compelling IMO.

But eventually the mask has to be pulled off and he essentially just had to be exposed as someone power hungry jerk doing whatever it took to take the throne. He just hid it slighty longer than most BP rogues do.

Zenzi still has an opportunity to MAYBE continue down that route though.

The MA were the long term supporting characters. Zenzi and Tetu were just one dimensional threats. I personally would have wanted more investment in Tetu. I would have liked to see him commune more to whatever god he worships and bigger displays of power.
    Tetu was garbage.

Cool design. I like the nature sorcery powers.

But, unfortunately, motivation wise he was, well, shit. He wanted power and wanted T'challa dead.. butdidn't kill him when he had the chance early on... and then when he was about to die acted like it was a revolution and not just a hunt for power. Just... he was shit lol. Even Stane was a better villain.

And powers wise... ugh. It takes a dance move to do anything. It was all soooo slow. Which I can't tell if that is an art issue or a Coates issue but either way... he did 4 things (rain, roots, teleport, sink hole) with his powers. He should have been more poison ivy, less shit lol.

And Zenzi was the Eden on the villain side. Just show up, strike a pose, have some energy flash, move the plot along a little. She even had her owns special mini story and was still somehow thinner than Tetu.

For all the.... rage... this run accumulated, the two biggest things wrong with it IMO are basic comic stuff. Poopy action and Poopy villains.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally like villains with greater nuance... having them have an understandable position makes them and the story more compelling IMO.

But eventually the mask has to be pulled off and he essentially just had to be exposed as someone power hungry jerk doing whatever it took to take the throne. He just hid it slighty longer than most BP rogues do.

Zenzi still has an opportunity to MAYBE continue down that route though.
    Zenzi has the Nigandan angle, so that is something that can help being lots of nuance to her.

That said, BP villains historically don't have much nuance. Killmonger comes the closest, imho. Folks like M'Baku, White Wolf, and Nakia may have some complexity, but their methods and/or endgame puts them squarely in the villain category. Klaw is a villain through and through.

Checked the BP film's IMDB cast list. Bunch of updates for secondary characters. No Shuri to be found.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-28-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Man, I dont' get it. I really don't get it.

You have all these characters from the mythos and not the most important and known one?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

You have all these characters from the mythos and not the most important and known one?
    It could mean that they're saving Shuri for later. Maybe she'said gone or disappeared for whatever mysterious reason. Maybe the mid-credit scene will show her locked up in T'Challas basement trapped in amber. Probably not ... but point being given how much they'really jamming in the first they may want to save her for later.

It would require an explanation of why she's not around for T'Chaka death but that's not impossible.

I agree though ... she's the most important supporting character. Something needs to be done with her.

It doesn't, I'm still hoping Zethu Dlomo get the role..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It could mean that they're saving Shuri for later. Maybe she'said gone or disappeared for whatever mysterious reason. Maybe the mid-credit scene will show her locked up in T'Challas basement trapped in amber. Probably not ... but point being given how much they'really jamming in the first they may want to save her for later.

It would require an explanation of why she's not around for T'Chaka death but that's not impossible.

I agree though ... she's the most important supporting character. Something needs to be done with her.

Story wise, you can't save her. I say this regards to the movie and more importantly the comics.

A beloved sister not being there or not even mentioned by Tchalla in his greatest moments of joy and tragedy doesn't make sense at all.

She doesn't even need a big part. 5 minutes and out of there.

You have to do gymnastics to explain her absence.

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://mcuexchange.com/shuri-confirm...g-dora-milaje/

I feared RDH would harm himself

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here.

http://mcuexchange.com/shuri-confirm...g-dora-milaje/

Finally, about damn time! Happy to see that my fears were debunked.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 03-29-2017 at 05:42 AM.

I feared RDH would harm himself
    LOL, would never do that over a comic book/movie. I would've been really pissed though lol.

Looks like my earlier predictions may hold water afterall:

BP 1: Pre-death Shuri.

Infinity War: Shuri Dies.

BP 2: Shuri at the Djalia + late return.

BP 3: Djalia Shuri.

OR

BP 1: Pre-death Shuri.

No Infinity War Showing.

BP 2: Shuri dies.

BP 3: Djalia adventure + Djalia Shuri.