Page 80 of 148 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2217

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    If they interact in the movies I don't expect it to go well for Shuri.
    I and others have suspected that Shuri might die in Infinity War. I'm ready for it.

Thankfully, the comics have a path the MCU can use to bring her back in BP sequels.

If Shuri has to die, I want to be in the biggest stage possible. Infinity War is that stage.

BANNED

Well I think they are going to go for a full universe reset anyway what with reports of Thanos being able to toss planets...

I would agree she dies and because of this and the devastation upon Wakanda....T'Challa goes on some quest and gets King of The Dead activated.

I expect similar powerups for the Avengers still standing that have access to such so expect Odin Force Thor or some variant of that.

Well I think they are going to go for a full universe reset anyway what with reports of Thanos being able to toss planets...
    Yikes!

I would agree she dies and because of this and the devastation upon Wakanda....T'Challa goes on some quest and gets King of The Dead activated.

I expect similar powerups for the Avengers still standing that have access to such so expect Odin Force Thor or some variant of that.
    Personal prediction, as far as Shuri is concerned:

-BP 1: Shuri is Introduced.
    -Infinity War: Shuri "dies." T'Challa places her in a medically-induced coma in a last ditch attempt to save her life.
    -BP 2: Shuri goes through altered, shorten Djalia journey. Returns as some variation of Griot Shuri.
    -BP 3: Shuri adjusting to her return. Technophile personality and "Griot" personality (for a lack of a better term) begin to merge.

Def could see T'Challa getting the KOTD powers during/after Infinity War.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-17-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Re-read BP #10 of Coates' run not long ago. Shuri was reallllly well done in that issue.

Hell, that issue overall was solid, everyone was done well imho. If season 1 of Coates' run was more like BP #10, it would've been better received for sure.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-19-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Due to the nature of Big 2 comics and an upcoming appearance in the MCU, there's always the possibility of Proxima coming back from death somehow.
    I think it's all but guaranteed the Black Order will be back. The fact that she got killed by Hela, the goddess of death, makes it significantly easier to bring her back anyway.
    If they interact in the movies I don't expect it to go well for Shuri.
    I don't think they're gonna interact. The movies at best loosely adapt stuff from the stories (much like how Civil War was very little like the comic save for being about Cap and Iron Man fighting), and Shuri's death at the hands of Proxima Midnight didn't even happen until a much later storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think it's all but guaranteed the Black Order will be back. The fact that she got killed by Hela, the goddess of death, makes it significantly easier to bring her back anyway.

I don't think they're gonna interact. The movies at best loosely adapt stuff from the stories (much like how Civil War was very little like the comic save for being about Cap and Iron Man fighting), and Shuri's death at the hands of Proxima Midnight didn't even happen until a much later storyline.
    The bold is very true, but the Black Order attacking Wakanda also occurs in that same story line in the comics. It's very possible that Proxima and Shuri could interact, but under different circumstances and with a different result.

Shuri possibly "dying" is still a possibility, imho, considering what happens to her after her apparent death.

The bold is very true, but the Black Order attacking Wakanda also occurs in that same story line in the comics. It's very possible that Proxima and Shuri could interact, but under different circumstances and with a different result.

Shuri possibly "dying" is still a possibility, imho, considering what happens to her after her apparent death.
    I think Shuri being killed is a distinct possibility. Having a character die in the movie really makes the story feel like there are real stakes involved. And given what happened in the comics, IF she is killed it's highly likely she will come back anyways, so her death won't take anything away from the franchise long term.

Re-read BP #10 of Coates' run not long ago. Shuri was reallllly well done in that issue.

Hell, that issue overall was solid, everyone was done well imho. If season 1 of Coates' run was more like BP #10, it would've been better received for sure.
    I was initially iffy about Coates Shuri as I was afraid Coates essentially turned her into T'Challa's mother. But once we saw that same fire was still there, I actually came to enjoy how she's written. The way she told the Doras Wakanda would destroy the Jabari villiage if they sided with the People, and the way she said that they should allow themselves to raped if that's what was needed... agree with what she said or not, the force of her words alone was pretty darn scary. She definately commands a room.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I was initially iffy about Coates Shuri as I was afraid Coates essentially turned her into T'Challa's mother. But once we saw that same fire was still there, I actually came to enjoy how she's written. The way she told the Doras Wakanda would destroy the Jabari villiage if they sided with the People, and the way she said that they should allow themselves to raped if that's what was needed... agree with what she said or not, the force of her words alone was pretty darn scary. She definately commands a room.
    Some have said that she's gained T'Challa's personality, but I honestly don't see it. There's no way T'Challa would utter what Shuri said to Aneka in BP #12. We're talking about a man that pretty much dropped everything to go to New York when a non-Wakandan girl that was sponsored by his foundation ended up killed away from Wakandan soil. Shuri and T'Challa clearly have a different viewpoint when it comes to this and similar topics.

Furthermore, she's made such threats from BP #10 on more than one occasion, and followed through: wiping out the Desturi and ordering the destruction of Altantis. There is a precedent for what she said she would've done if the MAs didn't break their alliance with Tetu.

Concerning pragmatism, Shuri showed some pragmatism for quite a while, even in some instances of the Mayberry run. This went even further under Liss', Waid's, and especially Hickman's pen. Mayberry's Shuri would've tried to barge in when learning that Namor was in Necropolis. Instead, she asked T'Challa many times why Namor was there, and instead of barging in, she bans T'Challa from Wakanda and lets him be. Hell, Shuri choosing to go to war was a very pragmatic decision when you consider the political implications in Wakanda at the time.

To me, that shows growth and that she learned a lot since she got the job. One cannot be a good head of state by being a lose cannon and/or not employing some pragmatism in one's decision making. Pragmatism is practically mandatory to be effective for a position. T'Chaka had it; T'Challa obviously had it in large part due to T'Chaka's influence (especially in the Priest run). Why wouldn't Shuri have some of it as well?

The real issue to me is that T'Challa's portrayal in the current run isn't up to par. That is what needs to be focused on and what needs to be addressed. Shuri being portrayed the way she is makes sense to me. She isn't a rookie anymore, she's a former head of state with lots of experience.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-22-2017 at 08:01 AM.

A whole lot of Shuri-related stuff via SDCC. Kinda overwhelming, def not used to this lol.

The costumes at SDCC.

https://the-marvel-update.tumblr.com...at-sdcc-marvel

The BP panel!

Entertainment Weekly portraits.

Letitia at SDCC.