Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2217

Behind the scenes!

Great outfits!

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Great outfits!

It's a bit of an interesting contrast there. The others look like they stepped off the set of Star Wars, but Shuri looks like she just got back from shopping at the mall.

I like it though. It shows a bit of character.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's a bit of an interesting contrast there. The others look like they stepped off the set of Star Wars, but Shuri looks like she just got back from shopping at the mall.

I like it though. It shows a bit of character.
    Letitia Wright did say that Shuri in the film is very fashionable, so that explains it.

Shuri is often very fashionable in the comics but never too "high brow", if that makes sense.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/leti...sity-hollywood

Excerpt from the teen vogue interview:

Letitia Wright: Well, I never knew anything about Black Panther [before being cast]. All I knew was that it’s about black superheroes from Africa. When I heard about the audition, I read the mock script of the character. I liked how intelligent she was. She’s a teenager, but her age doesn’t define who she is. People think, You’re young; you don’t know what you’re talking about, but she didn’t let that be a limitation. I instinctively picked up [that Shuri] had something meaningful to say. How did you hear about the movie?

Lupita N'yongo: Well, when Black Panther was announced about two years ago, Chadwick [Boseman] was signed on to play T’Challa, and I remember thinking, 'Oh, snap, that’s going to be a moment!' So when director Ryan Coogler started to talk to me about being a part of it, I was so excited. He walked me through his idea for the story, and after he was done, I was like, “Wait a second, is this a Marvel movie?” It had social and political relevance. My character, Nakia, was a departure from the character you see in the comic books. She’s this independent woman, super patriotic but also very questioning of her society, and I liked that. With her complicated relationship with T’Challa, I knew it was going to be kind of sexy, and I was like, “OK, I definitely want in.”

LW: Playing [Shuri] was so refreshing. She’s strong, and she can kick butt. She’s intelligent, she loves Wakanda, and she loves creating technology to protect her people. But you see when she’s scared, when she’s frightened, when she’s afraid for her family. Even with some of the male characters [in the movie], you see moments when they are weak. Shuri was the sort of character I went home and studied to find out the reason she does things.

New Shuri pic!

Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-26-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Like Shuri's new outfit. It differentiates her from T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Overall I do to as well. I just think the tusk earrings seem cumbersome as well as the feather/fur headpiece.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I am glad to see Zawavari again though. I thought he might have died.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I am glad to see Zawavari again though. I thought he might have died.
    He has a pretty good showing on BP #168, imho.

The issue was solid overall. Good showings across the board. Ramonda in particular was the highlight of this issue.

This is the first issue of this run that actually felt short. I was hoping it would be a bit longer, unlike issues back then that often dragged. Whatever pacing issues Coates had in season 1 are pretty much gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Indeed. It can be improved a bit with a few tweaks but the vibe of the costume really fits Shuri, imho.