Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

At this point, at the end of IvX, if the Phoenix returned and resurrected all the dead mutants including the original Jean Grey and sent the O5 back I'd be happy.

Pretty stocked to see Gen X come back with Jubilee and Dani front and center.

Ultimate Member

Hopeful that Generation X will include some of my favorite younger X-Men that we haven't seen as much of in recent years, like Hellion and Dust and Elixir, or lesser-seen folk like Gentle and Bling! or a (repowered) Wind-Dancer, or even Ernst or Goldballs or Evan Sabah Nur!

Liking that the Blue and Gold team books promise to separate out the O5 and some of the classic X-folk like Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus. I don't hate the O5 (and am enjoying their own book), but I don't want to read about their peanut butter mixed up with my chocolate. Hopeful that other lesser-seen X-folk like Bishop, Dazzler and Gambit might make an appearance.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The books havent promised anything. We dont knkw what gold or blue will be yet.

I do hope that the o5 dont get focus in them. I wanna see the cast of EXM stay together but written better. Havok should be on one of the teams. Genx aside from jubilee should have repersentation from all the young casts. Im not a fan bendis kids and some from grant or aaron but id prefer a colle tion from New Mutants, Genx,New X-Men,
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    The books havent promised anything. We dont knkw what gold or blue will be yet.

I do hope that the o5 dont get focus in them. I wanna see the cast of EXM stay together but written better. Havok should be on one of the teams. Genx aside from jubilee should have repersentation from all the young casts. Im not a fan bendis kids and some from grant or aaron but id prefer a colle tion from New Mutants, Genx,New X-Men,
    Get Gabby in there, as well.

Extraordinary Member

I am hopeful Marvel has moved past steering the X-books in a singular direction. Hopefully No More Cloud, No More Schism, No More Extinction, No More "MU" vs X-Men, and just letting the creative teams tell stories about these characters based on decades of memorable, beloved stories.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am hopeful Marvel has moved past steering the X-books in a singular direction. Hopefully No More Cloud, No More Schism, No More Extinction, No More "MU" vs X-Men, and just letting the creative teams tell stories about these characters based on decades of memorable, beloved stories.
    I share this dream my friend.

I am happy to see the return of Generation X, Gold and Blue Team. Hopefully the X-mansion. I like them delving into Weapon X. Happy that all New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are continuing. I do hope that Old Man Logan continues with a revived not so Old Logan. I would even be open to whatever event leads to resurrexion causing a melding of the two Logan's leading to a whole new take on Wolverine with jumbled memories.

The long-awaited return of the Mutant Argument. Annnnd now I have to give a rambling explanation. Buckle up.

The X-Men have always been defined by two irreconcilable sides of a question: specifically, how do we respond to hate? (by 'we' I mean 'mutants', which really means any sort of social minority you think fits the metaphor best) From the beginning, those sides were represented by Professor X and Magneto. One side pleading to turn the other cheek and show through positive action that the hate is unfounded. The other demanding to lash out and give their aggressors a taste of their own medicine. I assume that, if you're on an X-Men internet message board, you know this already, but it needs to be said up front. That was the status quo for decades. An argument that never ended, with the stories visibly supporting one side or another without completely invalidating either POV - although the fact that books' titular heroes were representing Professor X's ideals should've probably clued most readers in on where their sympathies should stand.

Fast forward to the 21st century and Professor X is dead. No, I'm not pinning blame on Cyclops for that, cancel that quick reply I know full well you're already spamming out - I think we can all agree that a series of retconned 'dirty secrets' and associated iffy writing choices gutted Xavier as a character; getting optic-blasted in half was a formality. The problem is, nobody stepped up to fill his shoes. There was a time when it looked like Wolverine would improbably step into that role, but for various reasons that didn't work out. So suddenly, the argument - the central motif of the X-Men as a concept - was looking very one-sided, with a still-living Magneto backed up by boy-scout-turned-bad Cyclops, both to varying degrees saying that hate can only be answered with more hate.

Cyclops was right? Of course he was right. When there's only one choice presented to you, of course that's the right choice. It's the argument behind it that's gone wrong.

It's 2016 now. AvX was 4 years back. House of M is over a decade old.

And the argument. Is still. Broken.

It's affecting the books, of course. Extraordinary is the easy one to pick on, since it's got the team trying to show a friendly face toward the source of mutantkind's current suffering, and everyone in it is miserable as a result. Again, the pacifist, Xavier-dream side of the argument isn't allowed to look convincing. But honestly, Uncanny is hurting too. That team was built to be the badass neo-Brotherhood, validating all your Someone Is Right posts by sticking the finger up at 'the enemy'...except all they've done is prey on other mutants, ostensible villains who are in exactly the same boat as the team itself, and slowly disintegrate as their tempers flare whenever any of their number shows a hint of kindness. Dramatic, yes. Enjoyable to read, no. (All-New doesn't really have a say in the central argument as its themes are more about coming-of-age and fate-versus-choice)

And...I hate to bring this to a somewhat personal level, but look at this board. The posts, the thread titles, the attitude, the atmosphere. Look at the people taking genuine pleasure in using slurs to refer to another IP. Gaze into the cesspool (yeah, I just knocked everyone for using slurs and now I'm doing it - that's how bad it's gotten) that is the CompleX thread. Notice every poor sap who dares venture a more moderate opinion being stonewalled by pages of negativity which will likely drive them away for good. Or pop over to the main Marvel board and check out those members - and I won't name names but they know who they are - barging into every Inhuman-related thread (and often a bunch of unrelated ones just because) just to heckle and generalize and try to goad people into a flame war, and then act like the aggrieved victim when somebody bites back. This isn't the X-Board anymore. It's the Brotherhood Board and that is not a good thing. And yes, I do blame the comics for that. For not doing enough to remind us that it's good to be good. Even (especially) when it's hard.

So, IMO, what Resurrexion needs to do is find new figureheads for both sides, and make damn well sure Team Aggro aren't the only ones with a convincing voice. It doesn't have to be a revived, sins-wiped-clean Professor X versus a back-to-villainy Magneto (although I wouldn't call that the worst idea either). Maybe Emma Frost's IvX arc will leave her with Magneto's old role, and a regenerated Cyclops will declare that he can't see eye-to-eye with her anymore. Maybe prime-universe Storm will be allowed to be the leader her X-Men '92 equivalent has been, rather than the ineffectual sadsack of late. I don't care about the specifics. I just need there to be two sides of the coin again. Maybe then the books - and the board - can grow again into something I can say I'm proud to (survive the) experience.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I am happy to see the return of Generation X, Gold and Blue Team. Hopefully the X-mansion. I like them delving into Weapon X. Happy that all New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are continuing. I do hope that Old Man Logan continues with a revived not so Old Logan. I would even be open to whatever event leads to resurrexion causing a melding of the two Logan's leading to a whole new take on Wolverine with jumbled memories.
    That would definitely be something I would read.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think Duggan will be writing Cable solo.
    I hope so! Love Duggan's Cable.

BANNED

Duggan, Ewing or Asmus on any of the team books would be great. I'd love to keep Bunn but the tenor of his recent inerviews make me think he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    So, IMO, what Resurrexion needs to do is find new figureheads for both sides, and make damn well sure Team Aggro aren't the only ones with a convincing voice. It doesn't have to be a revived, sins-wiped-clean Professor X versus a back-to-villainy Magneto (although I wouldn't call that the worst idea either). Maybe Emma Frost's IvX arc will leave her with Magneto's old role, and a regenerated Cyclops will declare that he can't see eye-to-eye with her anymore. Maybe prime-universe Storm will be allowed to be the leader her X-Men '92 equivalent has been, rather than the ineffectual sadsack of late. I don't care about the specifics. I just need there to be two sides of the coin again. Maybe then the books - and the board - can grow again into something I can say I'm proud to (survive the) experience.
    Make Jean(brought back, cause is the perfect time) the new Xavier and Emma the new Magneto. Honestly, I'm so on board for this.

Duggan on Cable and Asmus on Iceman would be ideal for me.

I think Bunn on Weapon X would be so awesome.

Re-establishing Cyclops as a hero and not some maniac would also be alive. Even if it comes at the cost of him staying gone for a little while. His legacy should be greater than Xavier's at this point.
    Last edited by cc008; 11-26-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Make Jean(brought back, cause is the perfect time) the new Xavier and Emma the new Magneto. Honestly, I'm so on board for this.
    ^ Also a good idea. Adult Jean for-realsies died before the sides came unbalanced, so she's untouched by the years of muck that followed. I could easily buy her as someone able to look at the current situation with greater clarity than anyone else presently involved.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.