Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    With IvX ending in March, I'm hoping we'll get some more information about ResurrXion in December when the solicits for March are released. Just in time for Christmas!
    That would be lovely. I don't care what information it is, I just want anything to show me this isn't a hoax.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Are OML and ANW continuing? I sort of feel like Laura's solo should be ended and relaunched as just "Wolverine" to really drive home that she is THE Wolverine now. I like OML but it's really been retelling the same drawn out story each arc, it should probably just wrap up.
    Enemy of the State ends in February with issue 17, and Taylor said he's working on the next arc after that, which begins in March (at the time IvX is wrapping up and ResurrXtion is set to begin). Granted, I do agree on dropping the "All-New" from the title and just calling it Wolverine. Wonder if they would do that while continuing the issue numbers, or if they would relaunch the book as Wolverine with a new #1

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    no. I really would love to see the return of some awesome, Unique, black male X-Characters including: Bedlam, Bishop, Synch, Anarchist, Cloak, Gentle, etc. but especially Bedlam.
    Now I see your reasoning. Acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    nx01a:
    Then You have 3 options:
    - work hard to beat them(kill, scare or something like this) - Proactive approch like Magneto Cyclops - this will end with war because both sides will fight back
    - work hard to convince them that they are wrong (like Rogue, Sunspot)
    - do nothing and hide and suffer - School
    Rogue had many storie were people are good in 80s and later. Why? Because she is good.
    Cyclops or Maneto will always have problems with people because of who they are.
    My ideal approach is a mixture of your proactive and convincing options, basically what the Extinction Squad was: show that you're there to save the world and that mutants aren't all evil but also show that you're ready, willing, and more than able to defend yourself if anyone tries to hurt you or your people. That's dangerous if taken whole cloth as a real world analogy but it works fine in the 616. Couple that with the X-Men/more mutants living openly, trying to integrate into wider society without image inducers or hiding what they are and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Are OML and ANW continuing? I sort of feel like Laura's solo should be ended and relaunched as just "Wolverine" to really drive home that she is THE Wolverine now. I like OML but it's really been retelling the same drawn out story each arc, it should probably just wrap up.
    The longer Laura stays on as the "Wolverine", it's only hurting her as a character in the long run. The real Logan will obviously be back to take the reigns eventually and when that happens, what's next for Laura? Will she go by the X-23 code name again? That would be like Logan going by as Weapon X again. They really should've gave her her own code name by now because as of now, it seems she's just riding the coattails of Logan. At least when Dick Grayson stopped being Batman, he had the Nightwing name to go back to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The longer Laura stays on as the "Wolverine", it's only hurting her as a character in the long run. The real Logan will obviously be back to take the reigns eventually and when that happens, what's next for Laura? Will she go by the X-23 code name again? That would be like Logan going by as Weapon X again. They really should've gave her her own code name by now because as of now, it seems she's just riding the coattails of Logan. At least when Dick Grayson stopped being Batman, he had the Nightwing name to go back to.
    She could always go back to Talon. Kyle and Yost were planning on that being her codename in the X-Books but X-23 just sort of stuck.

That said I'm not sure Logan comes back, I really see OML as a smart way out of doing that. Same for teen Jean Grey and Cyclops, personally I hope all these deaths stick forever.

Peter and Miles are both active as Spider-Man. Janet and Nadya as Wasp. Steve and Sam as Captain America. Jane and Thor as... Thor. In-story, Spider-Gwen is called Spider-Woman like Jessica Drew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Enemy of the State ends in February with issue 17, and Taylor said he's working on the next arc after that, which begins in March (at the time IvX is wrapping up and ResurrXtion is set to begin). Granted, I do agree on dropping the "All-New" from the title and just calling it Wolverine. Wonder if they would do that while continuing the issue numbers, or if they would relaunch the book as Wolverine with a new #1
    This is Marvel so obviously a relaunch. They just love to relaunch at the drop of a hat.

And I think titles are important. I understand why they went with "All New" at first but in retrospect it was a mistake imo. Should've been titled just "Wolverine" or "The Wolverine" from the outset, any other adjective just diminishes Laura's status and takes away from it. Might as well call her "Diet Wolverine", it gives the same impression.

She could always go back to Talon. Kyle and Yost were planning on that being her codename in the X-Books but X-23 just sort of stuck.

That said I'm not sure Logan comes back, I really see OML as a smart way out of doing that. Same for teen Jean Grey and Cyclops, personally I hope all these deaths stick forever.
    He'll be back and I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get rid of OML somehow. probably do some story where OML really goes off the deep end and someway somehow the original Logan pops out of nowhere to put him down... I dunno lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Peter and Miles are both active as Spider-Man. Janet and Nadya as Wasp. Steve and Sam as Captain America. Jane and Thor as... Thor. In-story, Spider-Gwen is called Spider-Woman like Jessica Drew.
    A decade from now Peter will be the only Spider-Man, Wasp might be in limbo or something, Sam will be the Falcon again and Steve will be Captain America and not Captain Hydra. Thor will be Odinson and Spider-Gwen won't be around... watch and see.

No matter what actually happens, it is nice that this T-mist business has united the X-men as a united front, making the schism pretty much over. So that's one upside. It probably won't last very long for characters like Magneto but you take what you can get. I also think that Emma may descend into villainy but that might not be too if she's treated like Eric (and not a crazy person). Or she could be a teacher. That would be for the best but doubtful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    No matter what actually happens, it is nice that this T-mist business has united the X-men as a united front, making the schism pretty much over. So that's one upside. It probably won't last very long for characters like Magneto but you take what you can get. I also think that Emma may descend into villainy but that might not be too if she's treated like Eric (and not a crazy person). Or she could be a teacher. That would be for the best but doubtful.
    The Schism logically should've ended with AVX, but Bendis just had to beat a dead horse some more. As is it pretty much ended shortly before Logan's death when he and Scott reconciled fighting SHIELD. It was a nice moment.

He'll be back and I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get rid of OML somehow. probably do some story where OML really goes off the deep end and someway somehow the original Logan pops out of nowhere to put him down... I dunno lol.

A decade from now Peter will be the only Spider-Man, Wasp might be in limbo or something, Sam will be the Falcon again and Steve will be Captain America and not Captain Hydra. Thor will be Odinson and Spider-Gwen won't be around... watch and see.
    Tbh the only ones I think will last will be both Peter/Miles as Spider-Men and Janet/Nadya as Wasps. But what I meant is that Marvel currently has no problems with heroes having the same or a super similar identities. So if Logan comes back Laura would probably stay as Wolverine. As a character who was pretty much his female version already, it would feel more natural than FalCap or Jane Thor.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That's is a major plus for me. Even though this is an other "hero VS hero" event at least for once it seems like the X-men will unite and put their differences aside and work together. At least that what it looks like at the moment.

That being said I don't want Emma turning into a bad guy. From the looks of ResurrXion it seems mostly inspired by the 90s so maybe she just goes back to being a teacher for Generation X. :/ But yeah, for the most part I'm really looking forward to ResurrXion.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I'll ve happy when we get the creative teams and full slate of new and relaunched titles
    Yeah, it's really hard to be optimistic if there are no creative teams attached or if the general tone is ambiguous. It could be my dream lineup, but if its executed poorly I'd rather it not be my dream lineup getting soiled lol.

If I pretend the writers/artists are less significant than the characters on the cover, then I'm rather excited to see Jubilee in a starring capacity again.

Yeah, bringing Old Man Logan over after Secret Wars was kind of a clever way to keep "real Wolverine" dead and pass the mantle to Laura, but keep Logan's fans around and engaged. And his solo book has been very well received, so you may be right about them keeping 616 Logan gone. We'll see I guess.