Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Wait he was bashing Zenescope on gameFAQs? I am wondering for two reasons. One, why did he change his mind and two, where do you talk about comics on gamefaqs lol?
    Eh, folks change their minds all the time. If I changed his opinion about Zenescope, I'll gladly run with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Eh, folks change their minds all the time. If I changed his opinion about Zenescope, I'll gladly run with that.
    well the more i look at Robyn Hood the more i want to read it!(If Volume One Isn't in the mailbox by friday I'll go nuts!)weird huh? it also puts me in a situation where i might even consider reading Grimm Tales(Starting With #101)Along with the robyn hood ongoing if my pull list will allow it

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ya I was just wondering what it was that changed his mind. Like my reason was Robyn Hood after reading it I made up my mind to give me GFT comics a chance. Sounds like he had a very similar experience and I was interested to find out what it was thats all. I was not saying anything bad. Sorry if it came out that way.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Ya I was just wondering what it was that changed his mind. Like my reason was Robyn Hood after reading it I made up my mind to give me GFT comics a chance. Sounds like he had a very similar experience and I was interested to find out what it was thats all. I was not saying anything bad. Sorry if it came out that way.
    Oh no, not at all. I was just expressing appreciation that he did change his mind!

Oh no, not at all. I was just expressing appreciation that he did change his mind!
    Ah yes haha. That seems to be the case, more people are giving Zenescope's GFT world a chance now. Which is very cool.
    Pulls:

BANNED

You'd think more people would be talking about this i mean reaching the 100th issue is a big achievement in the comics industry especially in a world where relaunches and reboots have become quite common

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    You'd think more people would be talking about this i mean reaching the 100th issue is a big achievement in the comics industry especially in a world where relaunches and reboots have become quite common
    Completely agree. Not many ongoings reach this level of achievement and dedication from a publisher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Completely agree. Not many ongoings reach this level of achievement and dedication from a publisher.
    and yet every time i try to bring it up somewhere it's like I'm speaking a different Language.....i guess it's hard for some people to acknowledge Zenescope exists

Spectacular Member

and yet every time i try to bring it up somewhere it's like I'm speaking a different Language.....i guess it's hard for some people to acknowledge Zenescope exists
    I don't know who you've been talking to, but the people that are aware of publishers like Dynamite, Boom, Avatar, Oni, and the other indies are at the very least aware of Zenescope.

I don't know who you've been talking to, but the people that are aware of publishers like Dynamite, Boom, Avatar, Oni, and the other indies are at the very least aware of Zenescope.
    I agreed. Zenescope, for example, has a big booth at comic-con every year. Its kinda hard not to find it haha. The people I talk to are aware of them. I mean the comic book store that I go to has GFT comics all over the walls.
    Pulls:

BANNED

most of the ones i talk to that are aware...just don't care and see the publisher as a lite version of playboy it's a rough time finding many contacts that consistently read comics and care about zenescope too on my list
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 07-12-2014 at 06:24 PM.

most of the ones i talk to that are aware...just don't care and see the publisher as a lite version of playboy it's a rough time finding many contacts that consistently read comics and care about zenescope too on my list
    But Playboy is nothing like Zenescope, the people you have been talking too should pick a playboy up and a GFT comic up and learn the difference haha. I mean sometimes the covers can be almost naked. But the inside is what counts. And the inside is nothing like playboy.
    Pulls:

BANNED

But Playboy is nothing like Zenescope, the people you have been talking too should pick a playboy up and a GFT comic up and learn the difference haha. I mean sometimes the covers can be almost naked. But the inside is what counts. And the inside is nothing like playboy.
    i do know one good friend online that might be willing to give it a chance...the only downside is that he has very little time to actually buy comics and even less time to read them since he practically works everyday(still has been unable to get his own list of comic books to buy sorted out due to his busy life)and he attends Anime conventions quite often so that also takes some money and time out of his schedule

I'm not sure how to turn him onto robyn hood or just zenescope in general because of these difficulties but if i can convince anyone i know to check it out...It'd be him I Already talked about it briefly on skype last time i had a chat with him(only had half an hour to talk since he was prepping for work so i couldn't really show him anything or say much on the matter)but something tells me He'll just forget to even do a search on it since the convention's taking up all his time and concentration

i wish it was an easier task just to get him to read one volume....
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 07-13-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Spectacular Member

i do know one good friend online that might be willing to give it a chance...the only downside is that he has very little time to actually buy comics and even less time to read them since he practically works everyday(still has been unable to get his own list of comic books to buy sorted out due to his busy life)and he attends Anime conventions quite often so that also takes some money and time out of his schedule

I'm not sure how to turn him onto robyn hood or just zenescope in general because of these difficulties but if i can convince anyone i know to check it out...It'd be him I Already talked about it briefly on skype last time i had a chat with him(only had half an hour to talk since he was prepping for work so i couldn't really show him anything or say much on the matter)but something tells me He'll just forget to even do a search on it since the convention's taking up all his time and concentration

Can't win 'em all.

His loss. Ignorance is really unflattering.