Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default List your random celebrity sightings here

By random I mean bumping into a celebrity in a place where you weren't expecting to see them, such as an airport, hotel or shopping mall.

You don't have to exchange words with them but you should at least be close enough to make eye contact.

I'll go first. Most of mine are from the UK so not everyone will have heard of them:

Rhys Ifans (actor)
    Anna Friel (actress)
    Kris Marshall (actor)
    Maisie Williams (actress)
    Stephen King (horror auteur)
    Sharon Davies (Olympic swimmer)
    Peter Vaughan (actor)
    Graham Hancock (writer, TV Presenter)
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

One of my first jobs, many, many moons ago, was working on the till at John Menzies newsagents in Newcastle Airport. I sold Gaz Top a Tracker bar, and Susannah York 10 Silk Cut lights. Still dining out on it... ;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Melanie C (Sporty Spice) - She was doing a signing at the HMV in Liverpool One on the day she was due to perform in Jesus Christ Superstar that day.
    Jamie Carragher (ex-Liverpool player) - My wife and I were at his bar a few years ago and happened to spot him there.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Seen loads of reasonably famous people down Manchester over the years. A couple:

Saw the Sky Sports presenter Kirsty Gallagher outside the Executive entrances of the North Stand, Old Trafford (today the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand). This was easily a decade ago and she looked awesome, even nicer than she does on TV. Sadly, she has no taste in football whatsoever.

Saw the TV presenter Gok Wan and his fella in 'Mr. Thomas' Chop House' on Cross Street (one of Manchester's fine watering holes). I can't stand any of the types of TV shows that he presents but he was actually a really nice bloke.

Loads of footballers down the years also.

Gabriel Byrne once rented a summer house near us. He was really sound and would chat and make small talk with us locals. My dad was a carpenter in his prime, he built shelves for Stephen Rea.

Invincible Member

I met Richard Roper once. He's a local media figure and replaced Gene Siskel on the At The Movies review show some years ago.

When I was 12 years old, I (almost literally) bumped into Huey Lewis while walking with my family at Disneyland.

In the mid-90s, some old houses across the street from us were town down and new ones were built. Sean Dawkins, who played on the Indianapolis Colts at the time and had also grown up in our town (went to the same high school I did), bought one for his mom and lived there with her during the off-season. He'd sign stuff for the kids all the time and would often toss a football with us in the street.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I've had a few, but one of my favorites is my friend getting up from our table to lay into some guys who were ****-talking Bob Hoskins just because he was a massive fan (who isn't? have you no taste?) to find out they were doing it because Hoskins was sitting with some friends nearby. After shaking our hands and some brief introductions, he told us to order up, it was on him.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member

In 1994 I was on a coast-to-coast flight in the seat next to Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees. It turns out he's an interesting person and a really great guy to talk with!

Extraordinary Member

Professor Green - Rapper
    LMFAO - The group

BANNED

Gloria Estefan
    Ja Rule
    Ludachris
    Jennifer Lopez
    Puff Daddy
    Wim Wenders
    Pharell Williams

As a kid I was being picked on by some bullies on my way to scouts when one of them stopped and said "look there's Paul Daniels". They both stopped staring at Paul Daniels sat in a car chatting with a woman and I hurried on my way to scouts.

Also I've delivered pizza to Phillip Schofield. When he opened the door he said "hello there" - which amused me no end. He's tiny.

Oh and I passed Gita from Eastenders in the street once. She's tiny.

Amazing Member

I walked past Scarlett from River City outside Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Professor Green - Rapper
    Ooh, where did you meet him? I really like his collab with Lily Allen that had the 'Dub Be Good To Me' sample.

My celebrity sightings aren't of any celebs you guys would know (well, except Kees L), as they're all Dutch. I saw singer Alain Clarke who was on the phone at the Leidseplein. Comedian Raoul Heertje on the bicycle near the Rijksmuseum. And comedian Dolf Jansen who was jogging in Amsterdam South. I didn't have the pleasure of interacting with any of them, however.

While I was walking with my mother, she spotted Prince Maurits (the cousin of King Willem-Alexander) and his wife Princess Marilene, but she only told me when we had already passed them, and I had failed to recognized them.
    Likewise, while I was on the train with some acquaintances, they pointed out that Alexander Pechtold, leader of the political party Democraten 66, was on the same train. I don't recall if he was travelling first class or second class.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Gabriel Byrne once rented a summer house near us. He was really sound and would chat and make small talk with us locals. My dad was a carpenter in his prime, he built shelves for Stephen Rea.
    Love both those actors, Byrne and Rea. I'm envious.