Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    In 1994 I was on a coast-to-coast flight in the seat next to Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees. It turns out he's an interesting person and a really great guy to talk with!
    He was my favorite Monkee!! He does seem like he would a friendly guy IRL

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Years ago I had taken the South Shore train into Chicago for the day. I was walking to the Kroch and Brentano's bookstore, one of those chain book stores that disappeared. I was about to go in when a limo pulled up and out dashed a black gentleman with a flashy suit and walks right in front of me. Turns out the Chuck Berry was there that day for a book signing. One time on another visit a saw a tall guy with piercing eyes standing on a corner around Wabash and Randolph street. I knew I had seen him on TV. Turns out it was actor Robert Lansing who was in town for a play. He was wearing what looked sort of like tennis sweater and warm up pants, which kind of makes you stand out when there's no outdoor courts around. I don't think many would remember him. He was in a Star Trek episode and a TV show based on the movie Twelve O'Clock High.

I did get to shake Johnny Depp's hand once but that was deliberate and not a chance meeting. He was shooting the movie Public Enemy at the old Crown Point (Indiana) jail where John Dillinger famously made his escape. I worked nearby so went there after work. I hung around the town square behind the ropes that they put up to keep out the onlookers from the front of the building since they had some vintage cars parked around it. After he was done shooting for the day, Johnny Depp came out of the old jail and talked to the crowd, shook hands and did his Jack Sparrow voice for the little kids. I did take a picture of him before he got to my spot along the ropes. He was still with his French GF back then so I said "Bon Soir" to him. LOL.

My wife and I sat at a table next to (as in her table was next to ours) Joan Cusack at a wedding a few years back at the Botanic Gardens in Chicago. Joan looked really uncomfortable the whole time and her expression started a meme amongst our group of friends where we say "Joan Cusack is not amused" when we are in weird situation.

That wedding was... interesting.

Not because of Joan, but because of the really akward speech the sister of the bride gave that horrified our entire table (and likely the rest of the attendees).
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 11-30-2016 at 07:48 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That had to be some speech!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think many would remember him. He was in a Star Trek episode and a TV show based on the movie Twelve O'Clock High.
    Gary Seven? Yeah, I remember him. It's pretty much an unwritten rule that anyone who ever guest starred in an episode of Star Trek is assured of pop culture immortality.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    Gary Seven? Yeah, I remember him. It's pretty much an unwritten rule that anyone who ever guest starred in an episode of Star Trek is assured of pop culture immortality.
    LOL. Yeah, that is the episode. Teri Garr was also in it. Wasn't that episode Roddenberry's way of slipping in a pilot for a new show starring the both of them?

LOL. Yeah, that is the episode. Teri Garr was also in it. Wasn't that episode Roddenberry's way of slipping in a pilot for a new show starring the both of them?
    I believe so, yes. I would probably have watched it too.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

That had to be some speech!
    She was... "Over-served" and went on a tangent about how the groom better treat her sister right because, and this was the actual quote, "our family is German, and as everyone knows Germans have interesting ways if getting rid of undesirables." Everyone in the near vicinity immediately looked around at each other and were like, "Is.. did she... did she just make a Holocaust reference at her sister's wedding!?"

Yeah... Joan Cusack did not look amused.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 11-30-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    She was... "Over-served" and went on a tangent about how the groom better treat her sister right because, and this was the actual quote, "our family is German, and as everyone knows Germans have interesting ways if getting rid of undesirables." Everyone in the near vicinity immediately looked around at each other and were like, "Is.. did she... did she just make a Holocaust reference at her sister's wedding!?"

Yeah... Joan Cusack did not look amused.
    Wow....maybe there was some truth serum in her drink.

Forgot to mention that I once saw the late great celebrity cook (never chef) Keith Floyd holding court in a pub in Devon.

I think he actually owned the place but I didn't know that when I walked in so I'm counting it as a random celebrity sighting.

1. Sometime during the 90's near the subway stop to Astor Place that was (is?) a well known hair/barber shop. Saw Bruce Willis heading toward the subway. Our eyes met, I nodded he nodded...then he was gone.

2. Around the time Lethal Weapon 4 came out, I'm in old Tower Records store in the 70's in NYC. I saw a dude approach Chris Rock saying, "your that funny guy in that movie". Chris was backing up & being really polite, thanking the guy but trying hard to disengage. I said to the guy, "Jesus F'n Christ, cant you just say, Hi, nice to see you & move the fuck on?" It worked! The guy walked off.

Chris turned to me & grinned. I nodded, he nodded he disappeared into the R&B section...then he was gone.

3. Ray's Famous Pizza in the village. That Ray's is a 24hr joint & I ran into Joey Ramone holding court in the corner with a cavalcade of weirdo's & maybe another of the other Ramones but who the hell could tell those other guys apart at one in the morning? He asked me where I got the oilcan of Foster's beer.

I have more but I'm at work now.

BANNED

I met Tim McGraw and Faith Hill when I was 16. They have me $100 tip for bagging their groceries.

Around the same time, my friend denied selling Britney Spears alcohol because she didn't have an ID on her. She pulled the "Don't you know who I am?" card.

Random sightings, as opposed to autograph shows,concerts, conventions or other "planned" appearances:

William F Buckley coming out of a restroom after a lecture on campus.

Singer Lucinda Williams at a rib joint in Rochester NY

Christopher McDonald (Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore) at a funeral.

Stephen Weber (Wings) in a woman's clothing store.

Al Sharpton at a baggage claim.

Kevin Costner in front of the capitol building in Washington DC

Anthony Bordain in a diner in LA (he was only having coffee BTW)

Mario Lopez (Slater) in a coffee shop in LA

Steve Forbert (70s singer-songwriter) in a seafood restaurant

Pat Boone in a hotel lobby

And I'm 99% sure I saw Brent Spiner (Data) waiting for a cab in NYC. I looked at him and he gave me that "oh god, don't be a Trekkie and recognize me" look so I didn't say anything.