Default The Ultimate Fighting Game Roster

Imagine that you are allowed to choose ONE character for the roster of the ultimate fighting game. Nobody and nothing is off limits. Who do you choose? (I'll keep track of the list in this first post, to ensure no duplicate responses.)

Why don't you kick things off with who you'd put in?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What kind of fighting game would it be? Roster size is dependent on the type of Fighter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    Imagine that you are allowed to choose ONE character for the roster of the ultimate fighting game. Nobody and nothing is off limits. Who do you choose? (I'll keep track of the list in this first post, to ensure no duplicate responses.)
    Urdnot Wrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Urdnot Wrex.
    Why him when you can pick any character, or seemingly anything, as your choice? He isn't really all that good of a character in the grand pantheon of fictional characters, not even all that great when just looking at video game characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    Why him when you can pick any character, or seemingly anything, as your choice? He isn't really all that good of a character in the grand pantheon of fictional characters, not even all that great when just looking at video game characters.
    Because I like Urdnot Wrex.
    He's one of the best characters in the Mass Effect universe. And his abilities (hitting like a truck, lots of health, regeneration, weird telekinesis, biotic debuffs) are great for this kind of game.

I mean, I could say The Saint Of Killers, or the God Emperor of Mankind but they're going to get nerfed into nothingnes in the game so why bother?
    Last edited by Carabas; 11-27-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Because I like Urdnot Wrex.
    He's one of the best characters in the Mass Effect universe. And his abilities (hitting like a truck, lots of health, regeneration, weird telekinesis, biotic debuffs) are great for this kind of game.

I mean, I could say The Saint Of Killers, or the God Emperor of Mankind but they're going to get nerfed into nothingnes in the game so why bother?
    They'd both be cooler. I mean, Saint of Killers would clearly have to have a super along the lines of Faust from Guilty Gear where a Nuke gets dropped on him, (obviously this would only hurt the opponent) and the stage turns into fire and ruin.

BANNED

They'd both be cooler. I mean, Saint of Killers would clearly have to have a super along the lines of Faust from Guilty Gear where a Nuke gets dropped on him, (obviously this would only hurt the opponent) and the stage turns into fire and ruin.
    No. The Saint of Killers would only have matches that last a second. He's a terrible character for a fighting game.

No. The Saint of Killers would only have matches that last a second. He's a terrible character for a fighting game.
    No he wouldn't, because that's not how video games work. It sure as hell isnt how fighting games work. You know, it's why when some Street Fighter characters fight other Street Fighter characters when you're playing the game the matches don't end after one punch.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, they got both Shiki Tohno and Shiki Ryougi into the Melty Blood fighting games, and both their schticks are the ability to cut/insta-kill practically anything that is capable of dying.

OTOH, Shiki Tohno, at least, is nerfed in story by not wanting to seriously hurt most of the people he's fighting, though that doesn't explain why fights against Nero CHAOS or Roa last more than one pass as both sides of those duels are more than capable of killing the other with one actual strike, both physically and emotionally.

And Wrex would be great in a fighting game, with both ranged and melee attacks, and great dialogue options.

BANNED

No he wouldn't, because that's not how video games work. It sure as hell isnt how fighting games work.
    But it IS how the Saint Of Killers works, which is why he is a terrible character for a fighting game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, they got both Shiki Tohno and Shiki Ryougi into the Melty Blood fighting games, and both their schticks are the ability to cut/insta-kill practically anything that is capable of dying.
    I don't know who these characters are, but if I were a fan I'd probably be a bit annoyed at them being powered down so much that they could have a somewhat balanced fight against Batman (you just know he's going to be in this).

And Wrex would be great in a fighting game, with both ranged and melee attacks, and great dialogue options.
    Thank you.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't know who these characters are, but if I were a fan I'd probably be a bit annoyed at them being powered down so much that they could have a somewhat balanced fight against Batman (you just know he's going to be in this).

Thank you.
    Well, Melty Blood is very story heavy and its very in character for Shiki Tohno to avoid using his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception because they're practically impossible to not be fatal or permanently maiming against all but a couple of people, and tends to risk causing severe damage to his brain and his sanity if he overuses it. Without them, its actually kinda of surprising that he is doing so well against many of the other characters, which leads me to believe that the events of the Visual Novels that he came from led to him getting a grasp on his innate and untrained combat reflexes enough to let him not be insta-killed by all the superhumans he is dealing with in the story (most of whom are really fond of him so wouldn't want to actually kill him, either), though it did kinda remove his anemia so that he doesn't fall over clutching his chest and blacking out at random, though its kinda hinted that he got over that in-story (though if they would ever get around to making Tsukihime 2, we could find out if and how that happened...).

I think that Shiki Ryougi is probably a non-canon cameo character, because she's from another series and has the same ability with none of those restrictions, and is arguably an aspect of the Akashic Records/God when she goes full out. But she's still badass, so eh.