Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Max Mercury appreciation

Bring him back!

Seriously anyone who read Impulse back in the day will understand the love of this character, his great personality and wisdom. They brought him back in the first flash rebirth but did nothing with him, I would love to see him in a regular mentor mole again.

52be683821fa99b46f4722d7a8cdbfaf.jpg
    9bf9f1d6a1f9ca6ab4610d793d071040.jpg
    933529-20_21.jpg
    Last edited by Red obin; 11-27-2016 at 09:18 AM.

I prefer the golden age name Quicksilver over max mercury.

I believe Joshua Williamson has expressed a desire to bring Max back at some point .

I imagine his return will also probably lead to the real Bart coming back as well.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I loved Max. I read Impulse and his introduction in the Flash mythos by Waid was sweet! I would really like to see DC bring him back.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I believe Joshua Williamson has expressed a desire to bring Max back at some point .

I imagine his return will also probably lead to the real Bart coming back as well.
    That would be cool.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Max and Bart are hugely missing in this new DC Universe

The advantage is Max would be easier to reintroduce again, whilst Barta and Jay are much more poplar and would need new arcs, books events etc. Eg. Whilst introducing Bart you need to answer Bar torr and Iris/Barry, and introducing Jay has to answer questions about the JSa. Max could easily be introduced in an arc of the Flash.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    The advantage is Max would be easier to reintroduce again, whilst Barta and Jay are much more poplar and would need new arcs, books events etc. Eg. Whilst introducing Bart you need to answer Bar torr and Iris/Barry, and introducing Jay has to answer questions about the JSa. Max could easily be introduced in an arc of the Flash.
    Bar Torr could be easily forgotten forever and ever without explanations. No one in the world would be upset.
    Bart Allen and Bar Torr are totally two different characters, and Bart has his Impulse identity that allow him to be unique and recognizable.

BANNED

Yeah, Max is pretty amazing. The relationship between Bart and Max has always reflected the one between me and my brother a lot, and its always been one of my favorites. And just in his own right, Max is an amazing character. The Impulse book is among my all-time favorites, and both Bart and Max are in my top 10 DC heroes, being my favorite speedsters. (And no other speedster besides Jenni really comes close in my book.)

He will be coming back if Flash writer Joshua Williamson is to be believed, and thank the Presence for that. Long live the Zen Master of the Speed Force!

I don't really know the character. What makes him great? Different?

Was he the first one with the Speed Force? Was he once called Quicksilver??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't really know the character. What makes him great? Different?
    Read Impulse and you'll see. In a nutshell, if Jay is the friendly grandpa of the Flash Family, Max is the grumpy grandpa of the Flash Family, but at the same time, he's the best teacher among them. He's a surrogate father to Bart Allen, and because of his long history, he has a lot of well-explored emotional baggage. In addition to Bart, his relationship with his daughter is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was he the first one with the Speed Force? Was he once called Quicksilver??
    Canonically, yes, Max is the first to wield the Speed Force. Jay first appeared a little under a year before Max, but Jay didn't get access to the Speed Force until during the Modern Age. Once the concept o the Speed Force was introduced, it was explained that Max was the first among living spedsters. And yes, in addition to having previously been known as Whip Whirlwind, his original name was Quicksilver.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I love Max Mercury!
    Mark Waid took a nothing, forgotten comic book character and something brilliant. A living, breathing flesh & blood person.
    He was interesting when he first appeared in the Flash, but man, he took off in Impulse.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

First time I was introduced to the character (as "Quicksilver") was in a reprint of a story originally published in National Comics #67 (August 1948) that was in a Flash 100 Page Super Spectacular (in Flash #214, April 1972).

His original appearance as Quicksilver was in National Comics #5 (November 1940) published by Quality Comics.

Fantastic character! Really hope he makes his way back into the DC universe soon!

Wow! The original Quicksilver! And the original Wasp!