Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Guess it was "not".

But maybe some day again, . . .

Yea, was kinda hoping he would. Especially since Bart came back. Those two are a lot better together rather than separate. Although we did get a silhouette of Max along with the rest of the Flash fam.

RCO017.jpg

Pretty sure that's Max on the bottom.

Also that pic you posted is amazing. Ethan Van Sciver is so good.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

It was Max in that pic....but with the current Rebirth speedsters around and Bart having just returned and Jay's returning....I am okay with Max, Jesse, Jai and Iris being left behind...keep them in the Multiverse and let Wally be the current Zen Master of Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    It was Max in that pic....but with the current Rebirth speedsters around and Bart having just returned and Jay's returning....I am okay with Max, Jesse, Jai and Iris being left behind...keep them in the Multiverse and let Wally be the current Zen Master of Speed
    Who's Bart going to live with though?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It was Max in that pic....but with the current Rebirth speedsters around and Bart having just returned and Jay's returning....
    Jay returned?!?

Where?!? When?!?

(And, please, don't tell me you're referring to his brief return in The Flash #22/"The Button" Part IV, because as far as I'm concerned, that really doesn't count since he almost immediately vanished again in that same issue!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Jay returned?!?

Where?!? When?!?

(And, please, don't tell me you're referring to his brief return in The Flash #22/"The Button" Part IV, because as far as I'm concerned, that really doesn't count since he almost immediately vanished again in that same issue!)
    I think he may be referring to the end of Doomsday Clock because everybody assumes the JSA will be back then.

So...so you guys think Max should get a new costume when or if he returns?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So...so you guys think Max should get a new costume when or if he returns?
    Absolutely not.

Jay hasn’t returned........he had a glorified cameo and then DC ripped the heart out of all Garrick fans by immediately returning him into the speed force.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think he may be referring to the end of Doomsday Clock because everybody assumes the JSA will be back then.
    And then the problem is, "When is Doomsday Cluck ending?"
    As far as I know, it won't be in 2018. (And, for some reason, I don't know if there will be further schedule delays or not, even with it having been bumped to a every-two-months schedule after the third issue!)

People who just casually throw out things like "Jay's returning" without any real FACTS annoy the hell out of me. Can that person even guarantee that Jay won't just "return" and then immediately be killed off? (Not that I'm expecting DC to do anything that stupid, but . . . )

And, yeah, I'm still annoyed with all those people who said I was wrong! back in 2017 when I questioned if the JSA would really be returning in their own series that year when Bleeding Cool reported they were told that would happen . . .

from Who's Who in the DC Universe Vol. XIX (September 1986):

"Max Mercury" from Flash #76 (May 1993), guest-starring Jay Garrick and Johnny Chambers:

(Don't worry . . . there's more of Max and the guys in the following issue!)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I've got my copy of the Impulse Omnibus preordered. Mid November. Will make a nice Thanksgiving present for myself, heh. Looking forward to seeing all the stories of Max and Bart that I missed out on as so much was never put in a trade.

https://www.target.com/p/impulse-by-...r/-/A-53705204

Also available at Amazon for the same price and shipping if you prefer them.

Did they ever portray (a version) of Max on that Flash television show?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Did they ever portray (a version) of Max on that Flash television show?
    Unfortunately no. Neither Flash TV show has had a Max Mercury appearance.
    But you never know.
    He might make an appearance in Flash Season 5!
    We've seen Jay, Wally, Linda Park and Jesse already and with Nora appearing maybe we get a Bart and Max too?
    Or is that too much to ask?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Unfortunately no. Neither Flash TV show has had a Max Mercury appearance.
    If you're also including the Flash series that starred John Wesley Shipp as The Flash, that show was on the air during 1990-1991. Max Mercury didn't get introduced into Flash continuity until 1993. Prior to then, he was still known by his Quality Comics identity of "Quicksilver" and as far as I am aware hadn't really been used in new stories from DC.