View Poll Results: Besides the obvious (Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel) who should be in MvC4?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

58 48.74%
  • Psylocke

49 41.18%
  • Gambit

40 33.61%
  • Nightcrawler

41 34.45%
  • Iceman

33 27.73%
  • Magik

55 46.22%
  • Bishop

20 16.81%
  • Mystique

27 22.69%
  • Cable

39 32.77%
  • Rogue

60 50.42%
  • Sunfire

11 9.24%
  • Shadowcat

21 17.65%
  • Monet

17 14.29%
  • Doop (Capcom Loves Joke Characters)

10 8.40%
  • Other (Specify Below)

29 24.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I wonder how many of you actually play... But Cable, Gambit, and Psylocke, three of the best X-Men in the games series got cut out for a bunch of nonsensical Avengers, most of which never get used if you play online, at tournaments or watch on YouTube.

I'd love to see Magik, her skill set would play nicely into the game. I never saw the point in having X23 and Wolverine, they were slightly different (X being much faster, different move set and less HP) but most people just use Wolverine. It'd be like having M and Rogue. Pointless waste of data.

I can see Madrox' dupes being used like Gorgon's (from Killer Instinct) minions, except with more direct movement. Copies running around the screen adding to combo strings as they come in contact. Bishop might interesting too. Absorbing projectile damage and channeling into his meter for offense. So the more you hurt him, the bigger threat he becomes, but looses meter as he fires energy blasts that range in intensity as he uses it. Big effects need a downside. Got to have a big gun too as an option instead of the energy blasts. You may have to pick between him and Cable. I doubt they'll use both.

They will have a good amount of X-Men, if the last few months are any sign. Pearlmutter, the man in charge of this stuff seems to be open to more X-Men merchandise these days. We'll probably see 50/50 in terms of MU/X-Men roster split.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-27-2016 at 08:43 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I feel like The Beast should play like Blanka minus the electricity

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I feel like The Beast should play like Blanka minus the electricity
    Really..? C'mon man.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Other X-men characters are viewed pretty much the way me and ChildOfTheAtom have been saying they are. Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Sentinel are staple, they are the bread and butter of a lot of teams. Even Dr Doom falls into that category now that I think about it. One of the most popular teams in the game is Wolverine, Akuma, Storm.
    So those 4 + Deadpool as the minimum is what I am getting.
    Beyond that there is not much room to boost the X-men Roster. Considering all the MCU characters muscling in for spots. Although we could save some space with cosmetic variants ie Kate Bishop Hawkeye being basically the same as standard Hawkeye.

So looking at MvC3. Here is what inline to be added.

Films:
    IM....WM has a cosmetic variant at best in my mind nothing else there really.
    CA...I am listing Black Widow here. But her, Winter Soldier and Falcon are all options to get added. Black Widow seems a must. The other 2 are popular enough. Taskmaster could be on the chopping block for a spot.
    Thor...Loki is really the only one I see coming from here. I guess you can stick a maybe on Hela or Valkyrie.
    Ant-man...most likely to get left out still. Wasp also a possibility considering they will be sharing a movie. Most likely to get left off though.
    Dr. Strange....just him. So nothing new here.
    GOTG: Star Lord, Gamorra, Drax and Rocket at least Star Lord and all of them could occur I see Drax as the most likely left off though. Groot more likely to be part of Rocket's Super Moves then his own fighter.
    Upcoming Slate: Black Panther and Captain Marvel guaranteed. Thanos also a lock.
    Shows: Iron Fist and Ghost Rider already in. But Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Punisher, and Elektra are all options. Quake is more of stretch. Even more stretch Blade and Moon Knight.
    Inhumans: Black Bolt and Medusa practically guaranteed. And the only two you really need from this franchise.

So that is by my quick count another 25 characters max lining up for a shot at roster spots. And I fully expect at least half of those to get in. Not a lot of room for any X-men after that outside the aforementioned 5. I wouldn't expect more then 10 X-men characters and even that is hopeful.
    Last edited by JediKage; 11-27-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Really..? C'mon man.
    Yeah if Psylocke is basically Cammy and Colossus is basically Zangief in these games why not

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    So that is by my quick count another 25 characters max lining up for a shot at roster spots. And I fully expect at least half of those to get in. Not a lot of room for any X-men after that outside the aforementioned 5. I wouldn't expect more then 10 X-men characters and even that is hopeful.
    Well the thing is their will probably be only 40 characters max at launch. I think MvC3 launched with like 36 characters so we have to factor in CapCom characters.

let's set say between 15-18 Marvel characters at launch. I think Street Fighter V is the template since that game launched with very few characters as well.

Ryu
    Mega Man
    Dante
    Stryder
    Chun Li
    Jill
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 11-27-2016 at 09:01 AM.

As long as you work within the confines of roughly 25 licensed Marvel characters, then you can squeeze in 8 X-men characters total. One Fantastic Four character (Doom) and give the other 16 slots to the MCU centric cast. If the X-men are allowed, then Wolverine, Storm, Mags, and Sentinel are a lock. That leaves 3-4 slots open depending on if Deadpool comes back or not. MvC2 had a roster of 50-ish characters from both brands split right down the middle. So they may go back to that. At least I hope they do.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 11-27-2016 at 09:02 AM.

BANNED

If three only, Rogue, Jean and Storm

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    As long as you work within the confines of roughly 25 licensed Marvel characters, then you can squeeze in 8 X-men characters total. One Fantastic Four character (Doom) and give the other 16 slots to the MCU centric cast. If the X-men are allowed, then Wolverine, Storm, Mags, and Sentinel are a lock. That leaves 3-4 slots open depending on if Deadpool comes back or not. MvC2 had a roster of 50-ish characters from both brands split right down the middle. So they may go back to that. At least I hope they do.
    1. Spider-Man
    2. Iron-Man
    3. Captain America
    4. Thor
    5. Black Widow
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Loki
    8. Black Panther
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Star-Lord
    11. Dr. Strange
    12. Hulk
    13. Doom
    14. Rocket Racoon
    15. Wolverine
    16. Storm
    17. Magneto
    18. Sentinel
    19. Deadpool
    20. Thanos

BANNED

Yeah I am talking over the course of the game lifetime. I assume an even split at 20-20. 20 year anniversary so 20 each for Capcom and Marvel would make sense at minimum. It was 19 pre Ultimate Edition for MvC3.

In that case though yeah I could see just those 5 X-men Characters (Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Deadpool and Sentinel) making an initial cut. Marvel is gonna want to stack down on MCU Characters. To that end I be shocked if Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Thanos aren't the main new additions. Toss in Rocket I guess cause someone has to represent GOTG. Doc Strange bumped up to core.

Phoenix, MODOK, Shuma, Taskmaster, She-Hulk and X-23 could all be forced to make room.

So I am adding another 5 with two spots to spare. Yeah in that case I cant see the X-men getting more then 6 with a 20 character roster.

Street Fighter V is supposed to have updates till 2020 so maybe MvC4 could get similar treatment with new character updates

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    So I am adding another 5 with two spots to spare. Yeah in that case I cant see the X-men getting more then 6 with a 20 character roster.

Yeah there's really no way to satisfy Marvel fans without cutting out Capcom characters completely

Venom is deserving and so are Iron Fist Daredevil and Luke Cage

Shoot Agent Coulson would be a great joke character. Just not enough roster slots
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 11-27-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Yeah if Psylocke is basically Cammy and Colossus is basically Zangief in these games why not
    I get your logic, but nah man... Naaah. But as someone that played with Psylocke and Cammy (in all Street Fighters) they only compare in speed. Colossus sucked. Only good as backup. He wouldn't survive the current game speed and meta without a complete redesign.
    Guild Member

BANNED

1. Spider-Man
    2. Iron-Man
    3. Captain America
    4. Thor
    5. Black Widow
    6. Scarlet Witch
    7. Loki
    8. Black Panther
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Star-Lord
    11. Dr. Strange
    12. Hulk
    13. Doom
    14. Rocket Racoon
    15. Wolverine
    16. Storm
    17. Magneto
    18. Sentinel
    19. Deadpool
    20. Thanos
    No Super Skrull for that 4 in 1?

5 X-men: Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Sentinel
    8 MCU Movie Rep: Spider-man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Rocket (GOTG), Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel
    4 Critical: Dr. Doom, Thanos, Loki and Hulk.

That gives you 3 spots to my count. And you have to figure at least 2 of those are going to women. Black Widow springs to mind as one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I get your logic, but nah man... Naaah. But as someone that played with Psylocke and Cammy (in all Street Fighters) they only compare in speed. Colossus sucked. Only good as backup. He wouldn't survive the current game speed and meta without a complete redesign.
    Colossus in Children of the Atom was pretty hard IMO.

Just making baseline comparisons but iyo how many Shotos make the cut this time?