Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

I'm seeing a lot of predictions and wishful lists with so many random characters in this thread. I'm sorry but they won't happen, not a chance.

Spider-Ham, Man-Thing, Star Wars characters, Sentry, Hellcat, Mockingbird, Wonderman, Clea, Machine Man, Skaar, Karnak, Archangel, Crystal, Misty Knight, Lizard, Elixir, Yondu, Sersi, Bullseye.
    Just some characters I'm seeing in the last few pages.

The characters that will be in the roster are;

1) Characters that are big in the MCU or are planned to be big.
    2) High profile villains.
    3) Huge recent comic book characters that Marvel is trying to have everyone get to know aka. Ms. Marvel, yeah that's it. Just, Ms. Marvel.
    4) Very well known and popular X-Men characters and Doctor Doom as DLC IF the rumor is true. I just can't see them adding FOX characters to the game.
    5) 1 or maaaaaaybe 2 light-hearted characters. Gwenpool - Howard the Duck - Squirrel Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Spider-Ham could be a fair addition in that, while originating as a gag, he's still a scary agile and powerful meta like his brethren across the multiverse. And giving him the Spidey-Mobile as a hyper (called "First Degree Hamslaughter") would honestly be terrifying.
    If Spider-Ham was in the game, I'd guess it's because he's there with Spider-Gwen, with her as the actually playable character. I can't see just him being there. Especially with, like, Howard the Duck being a thing. Howard the Duck being in Guardians of the Galaxy (even if it's only the ending) makes him a more likely pick than Spider-Ham. Hell, just the notoriety of the '80s movie along makes Howard the Duck a more well known character.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Maybe they can find a way to make her playable, and she not only shrinks. She also has the wasp stings and can do combos in normal size (it had been shown in comics that both wasps can also fight in a regular size, so it wouldn't go against the whole idea of her). And they don't have to reduce her to the size of a small dot when she changes of size, only reduce it a little.
    I don't see it. Her whole thing revolves around flying around while she's so small that she wouldn't be workable as a playable character. You could do it by cheating it, although it makes a little less sense with her than it does Ant-Man, but then you'd have another character like Ant-Man (who I'm very sure will be there this time) in the game. And she ain't getting in over Ant-Man. She'd also be an Ant-Man like character with less options, because if Ant-Man is in this he's also going to have Giant-man stuff, and he's going to have ants.

Yeah, she does have the stings, but, who the fuck wants to play as the Wasp as a normal sized character? That isn't really Wasp. It just wouldn't really work.

Her thing is becoming very very tiny, so yeah, she would have to be very very tiny. It'd be stupid if she showed up and she alone got as small a, like, Servbot. What is he, like the smaller character to ever be in a fighting game and is still massively bigger than Wasp would need to be while small?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    If Wasp is somehow not playable, that won't be because of tech limitations. It would be because some other characters got chosen before her.
    Wasp is one of the likeliest female characters to get added. Don't let anybody make you think otherwise, they might not have the tech to make her work while completely being faithful to her powerset, but they certainly have the tech to make her work while respecting her powerset. Infact that happens with a lot of characters. I mean, helloooo, Nova is a human rocket, how was he not dodging every single attack in MVC3? Because that was them being as faithful as possible, they wanted Nova in the game and they worked around his powerset.

Also absolutely know this, Marvel has complete say over their side of the roster. If they want Wasp which I and many others suspect they do, she will be in the game.
    Not being workable as a playable character aren't tech limitations, it's not being feasible in the style of game.

And man, we've went over this in the other thread. She's like the least likely female character to make it in this game because she makes almost no sense as a playable character that would be interesting and different from Ant-Man. You liking a character a lot doesn't change that she also just doesn't really work as a fighting game character. And when you were pointing out how she can work in a fight game because she's in some turn based RPG style games really made it clear you just have no idea who fighting games really work. There are a number of female character that have be in MCU stuff, will be in upcoming MCU stuff, or already have whole moveset made up because they were in MVC3 that are more likely to get in than Wasp is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    Not being workable as a playable character aren't tech limitations, it's not being feasible in the style of game.

And man, we've went over this in the other thread. She's like the least likely female character to make it in this game because she makes almost no sense as a playable character that would be interesting and different from Ant-Man. You liking a character a lot doesn't change that she also just doesn't really work as a fighting game character. And when you were pointing out how she can work in a fight game because she's in some turn based RPG style games really made it clear you just have no idea who fighting games really work. There are a number of female character that have be in MCU stuff, will be in upcoming MCU stuff, or already have whole moveset made up because they were in MVC3 that are more likely to get in than Wasp is.
    You're just so stuck on that picture you have about Wasp. You think that all she has to offer is her being extremely tiny and that her powers revolve around that.

But you're wrong. If they can work Ant-Man there is absolutely no reason they can't make Wasp work. Like, none. She doesn't need to be tiny, same for Ant-Man. They can put the shrinking here and and there. Add some growing to both. And work around Ant-Man's insect control while giving Wasp ranged powers. Shrinking will not be their core gamestyle because you are correct that it won't be suitable for a fighting game. It will just add flavor to their style.

Also honestly, after Black Widow and Captain Marvel, she is next in line

BANNED

You're just so stuck on that picture you have about Wasp. You think that all she has to offer is her being extremely tiny and that her powers revolve around that.

But you're wrong. If they can work Ant-Man there is absolutely no reason they can't make Wasp work. Like, none. She doesn't need to be tiny, same for Ant-Man. They can put the shrinking here and and there. Add some growing to both. And work around Ant-Man's insect control while giving Wasp ranged powers. Shrinking will not be their core gamestyle because you are correct that it won't be suitable for a fighting game. It will just add flavor to their style.

Hmmm.. id say Scarlet Witch is next in line. Wasp might use her shrinking power for her hypercombo. I dont think theyd make her small throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I think somebody stated that it's going to have a huge roster. 24 is not a huge roster. Probably 30 is.
    Rumor is low 30s, so I'd guess more than 30, less than 35 if that actually turns out to be true. Maybe 34 if they aren't counting the boss character as part of the roster, probably 33 if they are. But have less characters than even base MVC3 seems like a really really stupid thing to do. Most everyone thought that game had too few characters, having even less for this one strikes me as a really stupid move if that rumor turns out true.

I'd think the roster would be bigger than that, Captain America's default costume looks like a version of his Marvel Now look that outside of some covers from the start of Marvel Now, and a toy, I haven't really seen before—so I'd think they've probably been working on this for a while. And a lot of the moves seem to be the MVC3 character rigs. So outside of a few little tweaks to the animations, and some new moves for anyone that was in MVC3, they've probably got most of the work done before they even starts on a number of the characters. It seems strange that that the roster wouldn't be more along the lines of a Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or King of Fighters XIV size when they don't even need to make all the characters from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Hmmm.. id say Scarlet Witch is next in line. Wasp might use her shrinking power for her hypercombo. I dont think theyd make her small throughout the game.
    Wanda is DLC if she is in at all. That guy who leaked stuff says X-Men are DLC and for some reason that always applies to Wanda and Pietro.

I agree. There is a lot of potential with Wasp (either of them). They don't have to be small all the time and they can fight in regular size (which has been proved in the comics, since Roger Stern run of the Avengers and even in the cartoon of Earth Mightiest Heroes). And also other games she appeared like Marvel Future Fight proved she can have an interesting moveset.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-21-2016 at 06:04 AM.

No, I'm stuck on what the character is build around when it comes to her powers, and how she's almost always portrayed as fighting in comic books and tv shows. You're just seemingly saying she's be in because you really like the character—I'm guessing you do anyways since she's your avatar here. I also know you don't know anything about how fighting games actually work, you demonstrated this in another thread when you brought up totally different styles of video game that she is in as an example of how she could work in a fighting game.

They can work Ant-Man in by having his shrink be a teleport move. This would be something you wouldn't have the same kind of control over, as, say, when you're freely moving about. Could also give him"shrinking" counter moves. He's also likely have move that involve ant, and either movies where he get big, or a move that just makes me bit. My guess would if he his in the game, a good deal of how he plays would be based on his "shrinking" moves.

The thing about the Wasp shrinking though is its all about flying around while she's doing that. It kind of insist up on a level of control that just wouldn't really work. You don't give her control, you do her shrinks like a teleport move too and now you've got two characters on the Marvel side that basically play like each other. And the game doesn't really need that.

Honestly, no, she isn't, because she likely just wouldn't work as a playable character. If I was going to pick four female characters on the Marvel side that were most likely to make it in, ones we don't know about yet, they'd be: Black Widow, She-Hulk, Gamora, and Squirrel Girl. Wasps seems very unlikely as a playable character, I'd say most any female character with powers that's shown up or will show up in a MCU movie seems more likely. Medusa and Scarlet Witch seem more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    No, I'm stuck on what the character is build around when it comes to her powers, and how she's almost always portrayed as fighting in comic books and tv shows. You're just seemingly saying she's be in because you really like the character—I'm guessing you do anyways since she's your avatar here. I also know you don't know anything about how fighting games actually work, you demonstrated this in another thread when you brought up totally different styles of video game that she is in as an example of how she could work in a fighting game.
    I did that because at first I thought you said Wasp wouldn't have any interesting powers in games. Then of course I realised you were talking about something else.
    You might know more than I do about fighting games but you know as much as I do as far as what the developers of this game are doing.
    Again, I'm certain that you (and probably me) lack the imagination on how to make Wasp work without being too similiar to Ant-Man and without making it seem ridiculous gameplay and tech wise.

I highly doubt that; that many game developers would fail to find a way to make her work.

Gamora is not super likely because Groot and apparently Rocket are already in and I would think Star-Lord is more likely if they want to add another Guardian and I think 4 Guardians would be too much.

I said this before, saying it again. Only Inhuman in the game will be Ms. Marvel. Not Medusa, not Crystal, not Black Bolt, not Karnak.

Scarlet Witch if added, will be DLC and we are talking about the initial roster.

She-Hulk isn't in any movie or show. Nor she is the next big thing like Ms. Marvel. Nor she is a big villain. I doubt they would have her in this game.

Squirrel Girl is a total wild card. You might be right on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I agree. There is a lot of potential with Wasp (either of them). They don't have to be small all the time and they can fight in regular size (which has been proved in the comics, since Roger Stern run of the Avengers and even in the cartoon of Earth Mightiest Heroes). And also other games she appeared like Marvel Future Fight proved she can have an interesting moveset.
    Are you two actually the same person? Because I've seen Captain M bring up Marvel Future Fight in this exact same manner. Ill say this about Marvel Future Fight: No, it actually does not prove she could work in a fighting game, as the style of game is completely, totally, different. That game has nothing at all in commin with a fighting. There are moves that make sense there that wouldn't make any sense at all in a fighting game.

She's also kind of big in that game. That game doesn't even have to worry about the hitbox stuff a fighting game does and they still made her kind of huge for her.

Mighty Member

I said this before, saying it again. Only Inhuman in the game will be Ms. Marvel. Not Medusa, not Crystal, not Black Bolt, not Karnak.
    Capcom does have a history of adding less spotlighted characters to the roster (eg. Blackheart, Rocket pre-movie, MODOK, etc.), so, unless Capcom has decided to appeal 100% to popularity, I wouldn't rule them out, especially not Crystal since the other two elementals, Storm and Iceman, are sidelined this time around.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 12-21-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Capcom does have a history of adding less spotlighted characters to the roster (eg. Blackheart, Rocket pre-movie, MODOK, etc.), so, unless Capcom has decided to appeal 100% to popularity, I wouldn't rule them out, especially not Crystal since the other two elementals, Storm and Iceman, are sidelined this time around.
    Capcom, has little to no say in Marvle roster this time around.

Mighty Member

Capcom, has little to no say in Marvle roster this time around.
    Why? Capcom's literally the one making the damn game, not Disney.

I did that because at first I thought you said Wasp wouldn't have any interesting powers in games. Then of course I realised you were talking about something else.
    You might know more than I do about fighting games but you know as much as I do as far as what the developers of this game are doing.
    Again, I'm certain that you (and probably me) lack the imagination on how to make Wasp work without being too similiar to Ant-Man and without making it seem ridiculous gameplay and tech wise.
    No, not really. I'm guess I've got a better idea has to how a character might turn out, or what they'd maybe do with them than you do. This just comes from playing a great deal of fighting games. When you've played a ton of them, it's not exactly hard to guess the ways they might make someone into a fighting game character.

I highly doubt that; that many game developers would fail to find a way to make her work.
    It not a problem of how to make her work. It's a problem of the way you could make her work would not only be like a character that's more likely be there before her, but it also not being conducive with letting the player actually do things that make them feel like they're playing as Wasp.

Gamora is not super likely because Groot and apparently Rocket are already in and I would think Star-Lord is more likely if they want to add another Guardian and I think 4 Guardians would be too much.
    She's more likely than Wasp. I'd also think she's more likely than Star-Lord has Rocket Raccoon is a gun guy, (like Star-Lord) and Gamora is not. They probably also want some woman in the game, which also makes her more likely.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Ms. Marvel isn't one of the Inhuman that's going to be in that upcoming show that's also going to be in IMAX. Meduse and Karnak are probably more likely than the character that just has something to do with the comic book side of things. Black Bolt too. Those character all also have more interesting power sets than Ms. Marvel.

Scarlet Witch if added, will be DLC and we are talking about the initial roster.
    We don't know that. If X-Men character are getting in as DLC that things are already different than they were for the last few Marvel iOS games. If things are different than I wouldn't exactly be going by those rules as to what this game will do character wise.

She-Hulk isn't in any movie or show. Nor she is the next big thing like Ms. Marvel. Nor she is a big villain. I doubt they would have her in this game.
    Doesn't matter, beside making a new model the character is basically done because they're seemingly reusing the rigs from MVC3. They've already done most of the work for her, she's more likely because it would take less time to add her than make a complete new character. She-Hulk is more likely because she was basically already finished before they even started making this game.

Squirrel Girl is a total wild card. You might be right on that.
    She is, she's also more likely than Wasp. Besides being an incredible popular character that might be getting a movie and that people want back in MVC3, she'd also just be easier to make work as a character.