Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Default Marvel's February 2017 Solicitations

So I didn't see a thread for all of Marvel's 2017 stuff, and figured I'd start on. It's late... but so were the solicitations :P

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-sol...february-2017/

Anyway, my stuff

Definitely:
    CHAMPIONS #1.MU – Not keen on Monsters Unleashed, but I’ve been digging Champions.
    CHAMPIONS #5 – Ugh. Can we fucking not? Really? Gwenpool? Wasn’t she an elseworlds thing? Uggghhh… I’ve been enjoying Champions a lot, but come the fuck on… So either it’s a lolsorandom issue or they’re gonna use Gwenpool to show how violence has consequences yadda yadda yadda. Just… why, Waid?
    THE UNWORTHY THOR #4 (of 5) – It’s been okay, but the new look better not be the one on the Deadato Marvel Now 2.0 teaser. I THINK we see a bit of it on one of the Mighty Thor covers. Oh well, it’ll be interesting to see Thor with short hair for a bit.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #4 – First issue was pretty average but was also setting up the status quo. Please be good!
    NOVA #3 – Giving it an arc for Richard, plus I think Loveness is a great writer who deserves way more work than he gets.
    GAMORA #3 – So long as its self-contained and the GotG books don’t spill into each other, I’m down. Still convinced Perlman made the first GotG movie as good as it was, and I’m always down for some Checchetto
    OLD MAN LOGAN #17 – What? Why space? Oh whatever, series has been great so far.
    OLD MAN LOGAN #18 – Wait… conclusion as in the arc or series? I completely spaced on when Resurrxion happens, so either is possible. Well, if it does end it was a hell of a good ride… assuming this last arc doesn’t suck. It actually kinds sounds like OML MIGHT return to his own time, and the promos for Resurrxion ARE vague on what version of characters are appearing in what (but seriously, Logan better Not call himself Weapon X. That’d be like Magneto calling himself his concentration camp designated number!), though I feel like Marvel will probs keep OML around for the Logan movie, at the very least. But it WOULD be cool for ONE of the prominent dead X-Men to come back...
    MS. MARVEL VOL. 3 HC
    AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB – I read the first few issues on Comixology and thought they were pretty great. And Gage is a good writer who doesn’t get enough work, and Slott is good when he’s not writing Spidey. So… yeah, why not?
    X-FACTOR EPIC COLLECTION: GENESIS & APOCALYPSE TPB – Fuck yes!!!! I have been waiting forever for this to be resolicited! Can’t wait to dig into this, and hopefully it means either original Scott and/or Jean are coming back for Resurrxion.

Maybe:
    KINGPIN #1 – tradewaiting the current DD run, though I DID like Rosenberg’s CW2 Kingpin stuff (at least what I read of it).
    ELEKTRA #1 – Again, tradewaiting DD. But the costume… it seems to really depend on who draws it, but that is takes someone like Checchetto to make it look good speaks volumes (can he make anything ugly?)
    BULLSEYE #1 (of 5)
    HULK #3
    VENOM #4 – Depends on the first issue.
    BLACK WIDOW #11 – Depends on how the Bucky issue goes down.
    JESSICA JONES #5 – First arc hasn’t been doing much for me, so we’ll see.
    THUNDERBOLTS #10 – For the anniversary. Oh, and didn’t know Jolt was back! Man, her design was kinda timeless (weird glued-on eyepieces aside), huh? Cool! But seriously, Malin’s still on art?!
    HAWKEYE #3 – Still not holding my breath that this won’t suck. And seriously with that cover? I swear, someone needs to tell Thompson she’s not remotely as clever as she thinks she is. But the solicitation doesn’t sound like it’s got that twee style of writing, so… is she just doing it to draw in hipsters or something?
    BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #4 – Didn’t dig the first issue, Zenzi stuff aside (and even THAT felt rushed).
    BLACK PANTHER #11 – This arc is stuffed with too much stuff and is really dragged out. Might just wait for the inevitable OHC.
    NEW AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 3 TPB – This is where the omnibus ended I think, and I’ve honestly never read further into Bendis New Avengers run aside from some scans here and there. But… it’s Bendis… so we’ll see what mood I’m in.
    CLOAK AND DAGGER: LOST AND FOUND TPB – I mean… nothing’s been done with them in ages. I hate getting into characters I KNOW aren’t treated well by Marvel. But hey, maybe they will be treated better once their tv show happens.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 11-27-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Ugh, avoiding the crap out of Monsters Unleashed. It sounds dumb and pointless and… well, Cullen Bunn.

And I’m avoiding the fuck out of IvX, because Death of X pissed me off and the plot is stupid and forced and it seems to only exist because someone thought they were being cleverly meta. SO GLAD Old Man Logan is left out of it.

The cover for Deadpool & the Mercs for Money #8… when did Nightcrawler get earrings?! The look suits him

Holy shit, the variant for All-New X-Men #18! Um… So… age doesn’t matter anymore, huh?

That Wasp variant weirds me out. The cutesy style doesn’t invoke “old timey Golden/Silver Age comic”

Lol, Laura. She immediately went for Robbie’s junk xD

Holy crap, Scarlet Witch is still going!

I am seriously happy to see Logan getting such heavy promotion. AND to see all the X-Men trades! I mean, I have most of these in the “Classic” TPBs, but it’s always good to re-release classic X-Men

HAHAHAHAHAHA, why is Liefeld getting an OGN?!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Niffleheim

Skipping Monster Unleashed, IvX & every Tie-in

Thanos #4
    Unworthy Thor #4
    Gamora #3
    Mighty Thor #16

Team-books
    Uncanny Inhumans #19
    Uncanny Avengers #20
    Champions #5
    Ultimates #4
    Nova #3

Solos
    Spider-Man #13
    Ms. Marvel #15
    Spider-Gwen #17
    Silk #17
    TA Hulk #16
    Clone Conspiracy #5
    Amazing Spider-Man #24
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-27-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    CHAMPIONS #5 – Ugh. Can we fucking not? Really? Gwenpool? Wasn’t she an elseworlds thing? Uggghhh… I’ve been enjoying Champions a lot, but come the fuck on… So either it’s a lolsorandom issue or they’re gonna use Gwenpool to show how violence has consequences yadda yadda yadda. Just… why, Waid?
    Marvel has a big problem with letting it's weird elseworld stuff actually being it's own thing, this kinda stuff is why I dropped Spider-Gwen.

Anyway

Avengers #4
    Scarlet Witch #15 - Still surprised every time the solicits don't say FINAL ISSUE
    All-New Wolverine #17 - I hope this starts to pick up again, the last couple of issues have left me indifferent

My pull list is going to stay pretty small until an actual Tony Stark or Rhodey Iron Man book exists again.

BANNED

What's in my tag. I dropped Deadpool (because the amount of extra/anniversary issues, annuals and whatnot was getting ridiculous, to the point where I'd end up paying 15 euros per month just for Deadpool), Black Panther (because the story is absolute shit and the only reason I stuck with it was because of my love of the character), Thanos (I'll just trade wait it, same as Bullseye), and added Ultimates^2(mainly for Galactus and T'Challa, plus that Maker tease, and the fact that it's the only cosmic title worth a damn in this line-up).

Thoughts:

- I seriously wonder how long this Daredevil line of books is going to last, especially when Bullseye has already morphed into a mini. Probably long enough for a 4-part crossover and that's it. Though I'm happy Elektra has a book again (kinda miss her classic costume though...).

- Even if I was willing to admit that the premise of Monsters Unleashed sounds fun and Bunn might make something good out of an event, Civil War II has just completely turned me off to events and event tie-ins.

- Why is Marvel continuing to do Gwen Stacy-themed variant covers? Are they looking for another Spider-Gwen/Gwenpoole?

- I just want IvX to be over so we can get to Resurrexion and hopefully back to the X-Men being happy and not involved with the Inhumans again. Not looking forward to the reaction to the event though...

- Seems like a strong month for the Avengers books.

- Another classic Fury LMD? Just bring him back Marvel .

- I wonder if it's going to be either HydraSteve or Sharon who take over SHIELD? Sharon being on that cover with the Hydra logo leaves me feeling suspicious...

- So Zemo is going to try and morph the Thunderbolts back into the Masters of Evil. Well, if it's not broke, try molding it back into the form you want it to be in using a living Cosmic Cube.

- Haven't we already seen Thor's new look all the way back in the poster for Marvel Now II?

- I wonder which Iron Man villain Riri is going to fight?

- There's a Captain Marvel TV show? It's always interesting to see how general media uses the iconography of Superheroes in-universe. Pretty sure Cap had his own show at one point...

- Why is Dr. Strange going up against Lunella? He's never been anywhere close to the top of the list as far as the smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe are concerned, at least compared to Reed, Hank(s), Tony, or T'Challa. He's as smart as one would expect for a neuro-surgeon, but that's about it. Unless Moon Girl being the smartest means that she's also somehow as smart in using magic as Strange is....

- Thank goodness, no Queenpin Black Cat in any comic in February .

- Silk seems like an odd choice to throw in Ghost Rider, but now the title is starting to seem less like a new volume of Robbie's book and more like "Ghost Rider team-up" or "Ghost Rider and a bunch of other people."

- Ah, that Jessica Jones variant is adorable.

- On the one hand...they couldn't get a better artist for Thunderbolts, let alone the anniversary issue? But on the other hand, that cover with all the T-Bols from across different eras is pretty awesome.

- Interesting seeing PM&IF dealing with what's going on concurrently with Bendis' book (continuity!), and that we'll be getting more of Luke's side of things. I wonder if we'll get any info for why Luke didn't visit Jessica in prison?

- And we're finally learning how Matt got his secret identity back. I hope it'll be worth the wait.

- Happy to see Scarlet Witch continuing.

- Cosmo in Nova! Yay!!!

- I just really have a hard time believing that the main core of the Guardians books (outside Gamora) is that they're stuck on Earth. I mean, really?

- Howard the Duck + Deadpool is just...I don't know. But if you needed any indication of Marvel just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at a wall and hoping it sticks...

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

These are the comics that I would like to get. I know I probably won't be able to get some of these because of money but when they show up on Marvel Unlimited I will check those out. I definitely check out anything involving with Inhumans VS X-men. But any ways hers the list of what I want.

Inhumans VS X-men #4 and #5
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #19
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #18
    UNCANNY X-MEN #18
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #20
    CHAMPIONS #5
    MIGHTY THOR #16
    MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #16
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #17
    ROCKET RACCOON #3
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Not buy anything related to IvX had enough of heroes vs heroes for some time.And I'm only interested in Resurrection.

I'll buy most of the titles involving Monster Unleashed looks fun.

ELEKTRA #1
    Uncanny Avengers #20
    All-New Wolverine #17
    Ms. Marvel #15
    Champions #5
    CHAMPIONS #1.MU
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #11 (Just because want to know how Hill trial will end)
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #4
    ULTIMATES 2 #4
    SPIDER-WOMAN #16

Looks like Daredevil is gonna overextend itself and wear us out as a franchise. Thanks Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Looks like Daredevil is gonna overextend itself and wear us out as a franchise. Thanks Netflix!
    I think they should've just tried to connect Daredevil, PM&IF, and other assorted books under some kind of Defenders brand rather then trying to expand Daredevil into his own line of books that likely won't be able to carry themselves (which is probably why Bullseye is now a mini).

Incredible Member

OML - Epic Conclusion NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This has been the best Wolvie story. Whyyyyyy? The team for this book was perfect. Damnit. Hopefully they stick around and do the Weapon X book or a Punisher book. Either way I'm going wherever Sorrentino goes. This guys art is just so beautiful.

Nothing this month. Not even a trade.

Definite Purchases
    Champions #5- I actually like Gwenpool so I'm interested to see her appearance in this, although I'm pretty sure she isn't joining because of recent events in her ongoing
    US Avengers #3
    Invincible Ironman #4-Really liked the first issue so I know I'm sticking around for the first arc.
    Spider-man #13
    Totally Awesome Hulk#16
    Ms. Marvel #15
    Ghost Rider #4- Don't care if the first issue is good or not I really liked Robbie Reyes original run.
    Gwenpool #11 & 12- A little worried to see Arcade again after Avengers Arena/Undercover.
    Starlord #3- I'm a Starlord fan is pretty much why I'm buying this

Maybe I'll pick it up
    Monsters Unleashed- I wanna read it but $5 is to much to ask per issue
    Hawkeye- Gotta try to the first issue
    Unstoppable Wasp-Again gotta try the first issue
    Occupy Avengers- Liked the first issue but have to see what I'm in for with the rest of the line-up first.
    Amazing Spider-Man Renew your vows-Loved first issue, but have to see if I can afford others
    Nova- Gotta try the the first issue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I seriously wonder how long this Daredevil line of books is going to last, especially when Bullseye has already morphed into a mini. Probably long enough for a 4-part crossover and that's it. Though I'm happy Elektra has a book again (kinda miss her classic costume though...).

- Even if I was willing to admit that the premise of Monsters Unleashed sounds fun and Bunn might make something good out of an event, Civil War II has just completely turned me off to events and event tie-ins.

- Why is Marvel continuing to do Gwen Stacy-themed variant covers? Are they looking for another Spider-Gwen/Gwenpoole?

- I just want IvX to be over so we can get to Resurrexion and hopefully back to the X-Men being happy and not involved with the Inhumans again. Not looking forward to the reaction to the event though...

- Seems like a strong month for the Avengers books.

- Another classic Fury LMD? Just bring him back Marvel .

- I wonder if it's going to be either HydraSteve or Sharon who take over SHIELD? Sharon being on that cover with the Hydra logo leaves me feeling suspicious...

- So Zemo is going to try and morph the Thunderbolts back into the Masters of Evil. Well, if it's not broke, try molding it back into the form you want it to be in using a living Cosmic Cube.

- Haven't we already seen Thor's new look all the way back in the poster for Marvel Now II?

- I wonder which Iron Man villain Riri is going to fight?

- There's a Captain Marvel TV show? It's always interesting to see how general media uses the iconography of Superheroes in-universe. Pretty sure Cap had his own show at one point...

- Why is Dr. Strange going up against Lunella? He's never been anywhere close to the top of the list as far as the smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe are concerned, at least compared to Reed, Hank(s), Tony, or T'Challa. He's as smart as one would expect for a neuro-surgeon, but that's about it. Unless Moon Girl being the smartest means that she's also somehow as smart in using magic as Strange is....

- Thank goodness, no Queenpin Black Cat in any comic in February .

- Silk seems like an odd choice to throw in Ghost Rider, but now the title is starting to seem less like a new volume of Robbie's book and more like "Ghost Rider team-up" or "Ghost Rider and a bunch of other people."

- Ah, that Jessica Jones variant is adorable.

- On the one hand...they couldn't get a better artist for Thunderbolts, let alone the anniversary issue? But on the other hand, that cover with all the T-Bols from across different eras is pretty awesome.

- Interesting seeing PM&IF dealing with what's going on concurrently with Bendis' book (continuity!), and that we'll be getting more of Luke's side of things. I wonder if we'll get any info for why Luke didn't visit Jessica in prison?

- And we're finally learning how Matt got his secret identity back. I hope it'll be worth the wait.

- Happy to see Scarlet Witch continuing.

- Cosmo in Nova! Yay!!!

- I just really have a hard time believing that the main core of the Guardians books (outside Gamora) is that they're stuck on Earth. I mean, really?

- Howard the Duck + Deadpool is just...I don't know. But if you needed any indication of Marvel just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at a wall and hoping it sticks...
    Since Laura Kinney as All-New Wolverine and Amadeus Cho as Totally Awesome Hulk are involved in that issue of Ghost Rider, too, it looks more like a homage to the "New Fantastic Four" lineup consisting of Spider-Man, Wolverine (Logan), Gray Hulk, and Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch), with Silk in Spider-Man's place, Laura in Logan's place, Amadeus in Grey Hulk's place, and Robbie in Danny's place. Not the first time this has happened; a few years back there was an arc in the Venom series by Rick Remender called "Circle of Four," which had Venom (Flash Thompson) team up with Red Hulk, Laura Kinney (then X-23), and the then-new Ghost Rider Alejandra to fight Blackheart. Funny thing is that with this newest "New Fantastic Four" homage, Silk's probably gonna end up the big sister of the bunch, or trying to be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

What I'm buying:

1. Scarlet Witch #15- as long as they make it, I'll be there
    2. Ultimates 2 #4- I hope that Silver Surfer joins the team
    3. Star Wars #28
    4. Black Widow #11
    5. Avengers #4
    6. Avengers #4.1
    7. Thanos #4- my replacement for Darth Vader
    8. Mighty Captain Marvel #2
    9. Unworthy Thor #4- Thanos!

I hope that Silver Surfer is just taking the month off and isn't cancelled.