Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What characters do you think could be added to the Detective Comics Team?

I was just thinking about characters which may appear as part of the detective comics team in the future. Tynion has stated the cast will rotate which means we will more than likely see new additions in the future. Just interested in what everyones thoughts are on who theese additions could be.

Some ideas I had

Bette Kane - Flamebird

I think Bette Kane could be the most likely, as Tynion as already said that we will see her in the future [https://twitter.com/jamesthefourth/s...4374183768064]. However this may be in the future Batwoman ongoing and not in Detective Comics although I believe their will probably be pretty connected. Im not quite sure what role she would take in the team - but she is definetely an underutilized character

Harper Row - Bluebird
    I think its only a matter of time before Harper is back as a hero, once she is - she is a very likely member of the team.

Less Likely
    Members of the Outsiders
    With no current Outsiders run and none in sight, perhaps one of the former members of the Outsiders could join the team. Many of the characters already have a close relationship with Batman and have been closely tied with him. It would be also be cool to see a number of the characters join the team as we havent seen many in awhile. Most likely would probably be Katanna as she is arguebly the most known member plus DC seem keen to push her as a close ally of Batman - being in both the eternal series as one of batmans trusted allies plus in Beware the Batman where she was Batmans sidekick. However other characters such as Creeper could potentially join the team as another Gotham character we havent seen in awhile

Renee Montoya - The Question
    Due to Tynion being a fan of the character, I dont think its impossible that Renyee Montoya might become the Question again. If she did then she would be a good addition to the team

Calvin Rose - Talon
    Hes another character who we have seen appear only a few times since his solo series ended appearing in both the eternals (albiet briefly) as an ally to the bat. However im not quite sure what he would add to the table though.

Julia Pennyworth
    I could potentially see her joining the team - however since we know she will show up in Batwoman I think its less likely

A former member of We are Robin
    I think this would be the least likely out of all the characters however I do think it would be cool to see them again. However If they do show up again I belive it will likely be with Duke in the future at somepoint
    Last edited by Katana500; 11-27-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Slam Bradley

Pow-Wow Smith

Roy Raymond

Tim Trench

Human Target

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Bette Kane - Flamebird
    Tynion has said she will definitely be in the new Batwoman series, but didn't mention 'Tec at all. Maybe in "Batwoman Begins" or sometime way down the road.

Harper Row - Bluebird
    I think its only a matter of time before Harper is back as a hero, once she is - she is a very likely member of the team
    Yes, very likely, although she will be a supporting character for a while, again according to Tynion.

Renee Montoya - The Question
    Due to Tynion being a fan of the character, I dont think its impossible that Renyee Montoya might become the Question again. If she did then she would be a good addition to the team
    I think she might also be in Batwoman's series, and a s the Question; Bennett said in an interview that there will be a character who "looks good in a suit," if I remember the quote accurately.

Calvin Rose - Talon
    Hes another character who we have seen appear only a few times since his solo series ended appearing in both the eternals (albiet briefly) as an ally to the bat. However im not quite sure what he would add to the table though.
    And Tynion has experience writing him, so another good possibility.

A former member of We are Robin
    I think this would be the least likely out of all the characters however I do think it would be cool to see them again. However If they do show up again I belive it will likely be with Duke in the future at somepoint
    I like this idea, especially given the nature of the book. Maybe.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Anyone from the 90's .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anyone from the 90's .
    aha true. Tynion does love everything from then

Think I read that Azrael is joining the team too.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Frankie Charles, aka The Operator

That's a character that should get a big push. Not sure why she hasn't yet...
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-28-2016 at 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

BANNED

Nightwing. Never Too Much Dick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Less Likely
    Members of the Outsiders
    With no current Outsiders run and none in sight, perhaps one of the former members of the Outsiders could join the team. Many of the characters already have a close relationship with Batman and have been closely tied with him. It would be also be cool to see a number of the characters join the team as we havent seen many in awhile. Most likely would probably be Katanna as she is arguebly the most known member plus DC seem keen to push her as a close ally of Batman - being in both the eternal series as one of batmans trusted allies plus in Beware the Batman where she was Batmans sidekick. However other characters such as Creeper could potentially join the team as another Gotham character we havent seen in awhile
    Katana is in Suicide Squad at the moment, and most of the other Outsiders wouldn't fit that well in a Batman book imo.

Man-Bat could be an option, but I'm not sure what his current staus is (hero or villain).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Katana is in Suicide Squad at the moment, and most of the other Outsiders wouldn't fit that well in a Batman book imo.

Man-Bat could be an option, but I'm not sure what his current staus is (hero or villain).
    The last thing I remember about Langstrom in this continuity was him helping to stop Francine and then being locked up alongside her (I think).

Though he might have appeared in Gotham Academy at one point, because there was that kid who had taken his Man-Bat serum. May have just been a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Slam Bradley

Pow-Wow Smith

Roy Raymond

Tim Trench

Human Target
    *Golf clap*

Huntress
    Midnighter
    Julia Pennyworth

Astonishing Member

For me the team is perfect as it is, unless you dump Clayface for Two Face. Batwing, Azrael, Orphan, Batwoman makes this book the Bat title I always wanted but never realized that I wanted.

I would like Katana to leave suicide squad and come back to the Bat family(or even green arrow). You could use her like in li'l Gotham (where she was essentially Black Bat era Cass)

Astonishing Member

I could see both sides of Two Face coming to a begrudging agreement to go the anti-hero route for a minute as a consolation to the do gooder, and the psychopath. I could see the tension and unpredictability being a cool aspect to the team. Unsure of if he will go too soft or way to hard, would make some want him off the team but Bruce would think it was the best way to get some kind of sanity to his childhood friend.