Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men: Blue and Gold Teams and Casts Announced

Teams and casts for Blue and Gold have been revealed by IGN:

Gold
    Team: Marc Guggenheim and Ardian Syaf
    Cast: Storm, (team leader) Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, and Rachel Grey.

Blue
    Team: Cullen Bunn
    Cast: Jean Grey, (team leader) Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel, mentored by Magneto.

So looks like Blue is going to be a straight O5 book, no Idie, Evan, or Wolverine.

lol boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggg gggggg

God, never change X-men. Yeesh.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Did u mean to list Storm twice?

Link to the IGN story. Shadowcat is team leader for Gold.

So Gold is going to be EXM with a less capable writer. Oh joy. I can't wait until we see someone try to rekindle Kitty x Piotr for the umpteenth time.

But the Blue team concept has me interested in the 05 for the very first time, I must confess. That's a heck of a twist. And we know Bunn's a solid storyteller.

The lack of Magik in the Gold cast makes me suspect we're going to see her turn up in Generation X.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-28-2016 at 10:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Did u mean to list Storm twice?
    Nope. Kitty Pryde will be the team leader.

Gold leader is supposed to be Kitty. Basically the original Claremont lineup (with some tweaks) and the original X-Men lineup. They might as well call it X-Men Rebirth.

BANNED

Well I assume X-23 is going to Weapon X when these titles were announced. Which means Idie and Evan to pollute GenX.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ahhhhhhhh these sound wonderful, particularly Blue. I never had the problems with Guggenheim that some people did, and really like his work on his Secret Wars title. Idk about Rachel and Storm's costumes though; Rachel's may not be bad at second glance but Storm's looks off balance because of the sleeves with bare legs.

Blue looks much more solid as a general thing. They're trying to capture lightning in a bottle with Jean, and I think they can. The designs are also very Morrisonian.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

I'm a Rachel fan and I liked Guggenheim's issues of X-Men. I'll be buying Gold.

Despite that costume.

I'm not to familiar with a lot of the different team compositions since I only started reading recently, but...well, yeah, Gold is just EXM but without Magick(who was my favorite character from the issues I read). These teams and writers(dunno about the Gold writer, Bunn isn't bad but nothing of his that i've read has really jumped at as great to me) and confirmation that both books will killed this one for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well I assume X-23 is going to Weapon X when these titles were announced. Which means Idie and Evan to pollute GenX.
    Same. I was hoping X would get to be on a flagship for a change. Not sure I like her being on an X-Force style team again.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

What the hell did they do to rachel's face/houndmarks??????

The same crap line-ups. It ia not blue and gold!

I hope Weapon X will be surprise in a good way.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    What the hell did they do to rachel's face/houndmarks??????
    I think she's wearing a domino mask.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Kind of telling that Bunn changes books again and yet still gets to write Magneto as the main character, almost sounds like the creepy old guy trying to mold the kids to his side with incredibly boring rosters, basically just renaming the books that already exist...