Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think Gold could stand one or two fresher characters that keep the classic vibe but from later generations, like Warpath (but not kill him off) or a blaster like Hellion or Surge to replace Scott/Banshee.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But I'm betting this means Dani, Magik, and Jubilee at least in Generation X. Fingers crossed.
    Throw Monet and Emma Frost in the mix as well.

I'm more excited for X-men Gold than I am Blue. I think it's time the o5 X-men go back to their own time, I think they wore out their welcome a long time ago. We don't need the young versions of the original Xmen running around. Marvel has created a ton of new, young characters they can use but have decided to leave them in limbo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I like Kitty as a leader, but that creative team for Gold completely killed my interest on it. Rachel can't ever get a break...
    I actually thought Rachel was the only character who really came off well during Guggenheim's X-Men arc. But Rachel's legacy is one of the most interesting things about her. Divorce her from that and you're practically rebuilding the character from the ground up. And, from his past work, I don't know that this writer is up it.

BANNED

I'm guessing this is where Emma ends up.
    I'm hoping its Emma Havok Warpath and then add in maybe Sunfire, Wolfsbane or people like that. Emma and Havok tryna keep "Cykes idea" alive. Warpath was part of Mags reinforcements so he could be pissed over Madrox dying same with Wolfsbane. Sunfire was ostracised by Storm for his actions. I doubt it'll be a fresh lineup.

BANNED

What does it say about the mangled state of the X-franchise when we literally have to pull versions of the characters out of alternate universes and timelines in order to see them? Ugh.

BANNED

Problem is, the "something" is a repackaging of the books that weren't really exciting most folks to start with. I mean, yes, it's nice to see that some misfires look like they'll be corrected in Gold (Kurt's out of the chain mail for one thing!), but it also shows once again how Storm isn't really taken seriously as a team leader, Kitty pretty much stomped off from her friends in a huff in BOTA but now she's leading a team, and we've just had a lackluster go with most of this cast. I think folks were hoping for a more dramatic roster rotation. And Guggenheim is a writer most folks are OK-to-middling on, not someone folks are going to get pumped for. So it's really something of a let-down.

I think the 05 premise shows more promise, but I just don't like these characters very much and Jeen is going to be getting a solo book besides. I'll wait to hear more, but Bunn alone isn't enough to get me to put down $8 a month.
    This is the Overall problem!

Amazing Member

Already called Blue being the O5. I hope Magik is in Gen X and not development limbo.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

We've got Jorge Molina on art duties for Blue. Look ma, no Land!
    lol "no land".
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Double-shipping? No thanks. I hope Marvel follow a more sensible schedule for Weapon X so I can at least pick up one X-book.

Ultimate Member

Didn't Kitty leave to go off into space to have fun with Starlord because she was sick of all this crap? So now she's going to be the leader, really? Also yeah I have to echo those others who noticed how White these teams are. It's basically just Storm (and Nightcrawler who's blue).

Because it's not like the X-Men were famous and got popular partly because of their diversity and variety or anything, right?

At least Hopeless looks to be finally gone. You have to actually search for the positive things in here but for me that's one of them. Since Weapon X doesn't look to be in his ballpark I can be relaxed knowing he won't be butchering something I like anymore.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, they are not a surprise at all to me. But also not super exciting. Having said that, I do like the Extraordinary line-up. And Gold is basically that minus Magik and adult Iceman. So I'm cool.

But Weapon X has so many awesome characters to choose from now: Cable, Laura, Psylocke, Archangel (adult), Magik, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Monet, Domino, Warpath, Feral, Marrow, Wild Child, etc. Basically a who's who of badass X-men on the table. Cannot wait to see who is on that team!
    Heh. I kinda want to see Laura, Betsy, and Adult!Warren all on the same team just for the sheer awkwardness that would result over Laura having dated Warren's younger self.

BANNED

Why does the O5 costumes remind me of Morrison's X-costumes? especially Jean's?

I realy, REALY dont want emma as a mhuahaha vilain again, now it´s the time to build her up as a x-men witout cyclopss.