Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, he's back. And Nuperman is dead. But isn't there additional Clarks and does any Superman ever stay dead? The status of the "real" Superman is still undecided. Then there's the nu52 Legion which supposed came from Earth 2, which is currently in a state of flux. What's up with the Legionnaires in Morrison's Action issues who knew and interacted with Nuperman?

Once the actual guy with the hair squiggle across his forehead is decided on, then I'd be happy going to the Legion. It's a tough enough job to work through a future Universe as well as all the characters when historical inspiration is still undefined. I'm not expecting this until Action 1000, so I'm tucked in for a year plus wait.
    I agree with this.

Superman is still too big an unknown factor for the Legion to be brought in right now. Is Superdad really from an alternate reality or a changed timeline? What were Nuperman and NuLois? Were they real? Versions taken from another world to fill in while Superdad was stuck on Telos? Temporal echoes? Clones made from sand? What's the deal with the powerless Clark Kent? Why are villains like Doomsday showing up from a reality that has either been changed, or no longer exists?

There's no way you can do the Legion until you answer those questions.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Since Superman dad is the current Rebirth Superman, I would assume that he is more or less the real Superman. The new 52 superman is practically erased since he is no longer being featured in current superman titles. The Legion is in the future and has been quite independent of Superman already so changes in Superman no longer affect Legion like it used to when Superboy was featured in almost every Legion story and in all the covers of the Legion title. To have Brainiac 5, the Legion does need a 21st century Brainiac which we currently have in Rebirth. To use Mon-El, all that is needed is the phantom zone. Mon-el is from the planet Daxam. Legion is also free to use anybody from Daxam like Andromeda. Legion can also get any kryptonian from Rokyn aside from Dev Em. Legion used to have Laurel Kent too. Legion has so many members that it does not even need to use Brainiac 5 and Mon-el in issue 1 of a new title.
    Current Superman dad is still sort of like a foreign virus to earth 0 but I would guess this will get fixed in the next big event involving Oz and Dr Manhanttan.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 11-30-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Since Superman dad is the current Rebirth Superman, I would assume that he is more or less the real Superman. The new 52 superman is practically erased since he is no longer being featured in current superman titles. The Legion is in the future and has been quite independent of Superman already so changes in Superman no longer affect Legion like it used to when Superboy was featured in almost every Legion story and in the covers of the Legion title. To have Brainiac 5, the Legion does need a 21st century Brainiac which we currently have in Rebirth. To use Mon-El, all that is needed is the phantom zone. Mon-el is from the planet Daxam. Legion is also free to use anybody from Daxam like Andromeda. Legion has so many members that it does not even need to use Brainiac 5 and Mon-el in issue 1 of a new title.
    Current Superman is still sort of like a foreign virus to earth 0 but I would guess this will get fixed in the next big event involving Oz and Dr Manhanttan.
    OMG. You explained that so simply and so clearly. I just didn't have the patience to do it like you did. Thank you. Seriously, thank you!

Your analysis, in my humble opinion, is absolutely right. Everyone else who is hung on resolving all the subplots in the Superman books before relaunching LSH is way off base. (No offense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    OMG. You explained that so simply and so clearly. I just didn't have the patience to do it like you did. Thank you. Seriously, thank you!

Your analysis, in my humble opinion, is absolutely right. Everyone else who is hung on resolving all the subplots in the Superman books before relaunching LSH is way off base. (No offense.)
    It is a succinct and well-thought out post. But the assumption made is that SuperDad is the real Superman. If that is true, then the rest follows. However, if the assumption is incorrect, we have someone believed to be Saturn Girl looking for Superman who has yet to be identified.

It is a succinct and well-thought out post. But the assumption made is that SuperDad is the real Superman. If that is true, then the rest follows. However, if the assumption is incorrect, we have someone believed to be Saturn Girl looking for Superman who has yet to be identified.
    Au contraire, mon frere! It appears to me that Superman and the rest of the DCU is simply unaware that Saturn Girl is here. And/or they do not remember her.

Plus, check Batman. She got sent to Arkham Asylum (which I think is dumb, but serves DC editorial's purpose of dragging this out until if/when they finally give us LSH Rebirth). Kind of hard for her to be hunting Superman when she's a prisoner.

Au contraire, mon frere! It appears to me that Superman and the rest of the DCU is simply unaware that Saturn Girl is here. And/or they do not remember her.
    Whether or not anyone knows her or remembers doesn't change her mission. LSH Rebirth has Superman as a (probably big) part of it. I don't think throwing Legion into the unsolved Superman mystery would do anything except complicate it even more.

Plus, check Batman. She got sent to Arkham Asylum (which I think is dumb, but serves DC editorial's purpose of dragging this out until if/when they finally give us LSH Rebirth). Kind of hard for her to be hunting Superman when she's a prisoner.
    Also, the difficulty of her mission has nothing to do with the fact that that is why she's here and now. And they're comic books. Nothing's easy. SG and Johnny Thunder had their roles in Rebirth, IMO, to shut us Legion and JSA fans up by letting us know that they heard us and the groups are coming back. Are we waiting? Yeah, we are.

Can Legion be rebirthed without Superman's involvement? Sure. But based on the rebirth one-shot, Superman is/was/will be part of it

Since the Legion has formed in the future, whatever timeline problems superman currently has in Rebirth will obviously be resolved as stated by Saturn Girl who knows the history of Superman. As to the mission of Saturn Girl in the 21st century, she might be trying to help fix rebirth Superman or her mission might be something totally different or both. It is possible the timeline problems of Superman will get fixed without any help from the time traveler Saturn Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Since the Legion has formed in the future, whatever timeline problems superman currently has in Rebirth will obviously be resolved as stated by Saturn Girl who knows the history of Superman. As to the mission of Saturn Girl in the 21st century, she might be trying to help fix rebirth Superman or her mission might be something totally different or both. It is possible the timeline problems of Superman will get fixed without any help from the time traveler Saturn Girl.
    I concur. Whatever storylines are going on in the Superman books does not prevent an LSH Rebirth book from saying "We know how it turns out. Everything will work out fine."

Any LSH book released in 2017 is not going to be "History of the Superman Universe 101."

I concur. Whatever storylines are going on in the Superman books does not prevent an LSH Rebirth book from saying "We know how it turns out. Everything will work out fine."

Any LSH book released in 2017 is not going to be "History of the Superman Universe 101."
    DC certainly can do a Legion Rebirth independent of any goings-on in the Superman line. Personally, I prefer a Legion that stands on its own and only uses Superman in really tough situations.

But, Saturn Girl is in the present day, looking for Superman just as all this Superman switching happening. It looks to me like DC is doing the Superman thing first and then swinging that result into Legion, or at the very least, tying Legion into the Superman result. The timing is too close for me to think otherwise. I think the huge selling Action 1000 makes a great jumping off point for a new Legion series.

Pretty much, they don't have to, but I think they are. I hope I'm clearer this time.

Has this visitor from the future been identified as Saturn Girl? You'd think if she was, her mental powers could be a help here.

Maybe the time traveler Saturn Girl just wants to give some helpful tips to Superman. Or maybe she needs the help of Superman to look for something.

DC certainly can do a Legion Rebirth independent of any goings-on in the Superman line. Personally, I prefer a Legion that stands on its own and only uses Superman in really tough situations.

But, Saturn Girl is in the present day, looking for Superman just as all this Superman switching happening. It looks to me like DC is doing the Superman thing first and then swinging that result into Legion, or at the very least, tying Legion into the Superman result. The timing is too close for me to think otherwise. I think the huge selling Action 1000 makes a great jumping off point for a new Legion series.
    Now *THAT* is a great idea.

Pretty much, they don't have to, but I think they are. I hope I'm clearer this time.

Has this visitor from the future been identified as Saturn Girl? You'd think if she was, her mental powers could be a help here.
    Well, no. No one in the DCU has pointed at her and said, "OMG! It's Imra Ardeen A.K.A. Saturn Girl who work with the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century! Release her immediately!!"

All joking aside, that observation raises a point that didn't occur to me until just now. I may post a thread on it.

Spectacular Member

Now *THAT* is a great idea.
    It is a cool idea but that means no new Legion until 2018. Another year off would be tough for their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    It is a cool idea but that means no new Legion until 2018. Another year off would be tough for their fans.
    Aw crap. I hadn't thought of that. You're absolutely right.