Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Inhumans vs X-Men #0

Nice set up to the conflict. I like how Beast knew not to tip the Inhumans off the anything and that Emma's scheming.

Extraordinary Member

It was good that this took place over months and that we got to see Beast gradually lose his confidence. Also, how did Emma get a video of Blackbolt killing Cyke if it was a mental projection? Can she make holograms now?

BANNED

Beast selfying with Iso was a real WTF

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It was good that this took place over months and that we got to see Beast gradually lose his confidence. Also, how did Emma get a video of Blackbolt killing Cyke if it was a mental projection? Can she make holograms now?
    That's what I was thinking as well. Unless they are going to say that she randomly decided to use that latent telekinetic ability she has to make a visual as well, but that would require a level of power and control of an ability she's seldom ever used on panel.

The tablet is being way overthought, gang.
    Its a failed attempt to remind readers of what happened in Death of X.
    They needed Emma to remind the Cuckoos, furthering the suspicion that Emma is losing it. A visual was the easiest method. Said visual doesn't make sense because we all understand telepathic projections etc but..... there it is.

Its just a tool.
    A failed tool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    They needed Emma to remind the Cuckoos, furthering the suspicion that Emma is losing it. A visual was the easiest method. Said visual doesn't make sense because we all understand telepathic projections etc but..... there it is.

Its just a tool.
    A failed tool.
    It would be an interesting point if the screen was blank and Emma was imagining that it actually showed Scott being killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Its just a tool.
    A failed tool.
    Agreed, don't let the queen appreciate thread know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Agreed, don't let the queen appreciate thread know that.
    Thank you.

Yeah. Sometimes behaviors in comics need a little blind eye. I mean, lest we be reminded of all the Claremontian proclamations explaining powersets and such?
    Unnecessary to avid followers but a narrative tool to explain something to any possible less familiar viewers.

The more intriguing thing about that tablet (regardless of the "How the crap did that get filmed? Who filmed it? How did they film it?) is that she seems to have it on loop and/or pause. She's repeatedly viewing/watching it and then hurling herself off a cliff. She's basically binge watching or just plain staring at the "murder" of a men she loved -- either to fuel her delusion or possibly to maintain motivational rage?

That, to me, is the compelling part of that tablet.

She made a CGI movie for the media? The idee was to show "Scott" speach and death to the world.

Video: She sneaked into the school one night and used Danger Room to recreate and record it?

Emma seems like a woman on the edge of a breakdown. I won't be surprised if she return to her villainous ways by the end of IvX.

Read this last night and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would after reading the reviews on the board yesterday.

I hope they are going to just quietly retcon away the "Cyclops is Hitler" stuff.

Looking forward to IvX a little more than I was before I read it.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Surely Emma realizes she has no chance of surviving BB powers, especially point blank ?
    Agreed. She shouldn't be able to withstand a full force blast.

But as many others have stated, Dazzler can withstand a lot. In a recent What If story, or possibly during a Secret Wars story, Black Bolt blasted Dazzler to enable her to attack Thanos. She put down Thanos and as she cannot create energy herself, she has to be able to withstand enough of Black Bolts power to beat Thanos. That's a lot. So Dazzler, fighting through pain, cured by Elixir, with symptoms removed by Triage or powers copied by Hope, can be a major player.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Video: She sneaked into the school one night and used Danger Room to recreate and record it?

Emma seems like a woman on the edge of a breakdown. I won't be surprised if she return to her villainous ways by the end of IvX.
    I agree that it's a fake, and that would be one way to do it. In a universe like the 616 creating a fake video or picture should be possible for most people of some intelligence.

After studying Death of X #4 I feel the facts suggest it's not a physical projection that's filmed. Look at the angle, it's taken from ground level. And even if it was from above the red sky/remains of the cloud, would prevent decent pictures. But it is from below, possibly within the blast radius, and none of those with built-in cameras, Cerebro and the Inhumans' aircraft, are in a position to film. All characters shown in the scene are placed either 180 or 90 degrees wrong if you focus on Cyclops. So unless the Cuckoos or the Inhuman policeman stood somewhere behind Cyclops ready to film, it has to be a fake.

Unfortunately the image of Emma looking somewhat unhinged in the last panel of Death of X was real. Hopefully that was just due to her being tired and emotional from "burying" the love of her life. If they try to make her a villain I'll be seriously p***ed.

I do not interpret the conversation between Emma and the Cuckoos as her being mentally ill. My interpretation is that she tells them that the picture proves that Black Bolt killed Cyclops. Everyone present except the four of them believe he did it and there's a picture to prove it. Cyclops is dead after fighting Black Bolt and everyone present agrees on it, so people will believe that version, and that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstadt View Post
    No one should really, not even Thanos (but apparently Black Bolt was already weakened when that took place in Infinity, so should be legit).

But, who says she has to?

It's not as if Black Bolt would unleash his full power most of time. If she met him inside his little bar for instance, doubt he would want to take the whole building (or even city) down.

Is there any Inhuman that can match Iceman? Like an actual mad and unleashed Iceman?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstadt View Post

But as many others have stated, Dazzler can withstand a lot. In a recent What If story, or possibly during a Secret Wars story, Black Bolt blasted Dazzler to enable her to attack Thanos. She put down Thanos and as she cannot create energy herself, she has to be able to withstand enough of Black Bolts power to beat Thanos. That's a lot. So Dazzler, fighting through pain, cured by Elixir, with symptoms removed by Triage or powers copied by Hope, can be a major player.
    Depends. If Black Bolt drops the idiot ball during a confrontation with Dazzler, he'll rely on his super-strength, flight and non-sound based abilities to win it.
    Now, Emma with the support of Dazzler and someone like M or Gabriel Sheperd...? Maybe she could get somewhere.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."