Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Why would it be a cop out that she needs the Cuckoos to breach their minds when doing her global announcements but she can take down the defences of multiple Inhumans and mutants solo plus projecting it physically so someone can get video of it? Don't buy it. Emma is powerful but she's not that strong.
    Because doing telepathy over longer distances takes more power, always has, that's why Xavier made Cerebro.

The Cuckoos probably worked similar to a Cerebro for Emma when that broadcast was made.

... Emma is stronger than the hivemind? Since when? =s
    She might be, she might not be.

She's certainly more skilled though.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Because doing telepathy over longer distances takes more power, always has, that's why Xavier made Cerebro.

The Cuckoos probably worked similar to a Cerebro for Emma when that broadcast was made.

She might be, she might not be.

She's certainly more skilled though.
    I get that but Emma and Cuckoos generally overpower anyone (unless it's a cop out battle to show how powerful an untrained teen jean grey is *deep sigh in Bendis's direction*).

Agreed, Emma is more skilled but she lacks the unstoppable force the cuckoos give her. Not to tell her short, she's pretty powerful in her own right but physical constructs and breaching multiple people with great telepathic resistance seems beyond her.

But thanks for clarifying, thought my memory of #2 was shot xD
    Perhaps its like those mothers that can lift a car if it means rescuing their offspring.
    Its like, Emma was so emotionally charged, she was able to extend her reach and the magnitude to unexpected levels, exceeding normal scope.

<shrug>

Or something.
    Maybe the Cuckoo's collective hair dye is dampening their Hive-y-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    Beast selfying with Iso was a real WTF
    Yeah, Beast was very over the top this issue. And i say that as someone who genuinely likes Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Yeah, Beast was very over the top this issue. And i say that as someone who genuinely likes Beast.
    But don't you understand?! SCIENCE IS EXCITING! Personally, I like a happy optimistic beast over mr. grump we've had the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    We are getting a X-Book that puts Eye-Boy front and center. Anything is possible
    Hahaha true.

I hope Dazzler is alive and well she will be an absolutely necessary card to win against BB.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    But don't you understand?! SCIENCE IS EXCITING! Personally, I like a happy optimistic beast over mr. grump we've had the past few years.
    I'm just happy he's acting like himself again. Ever since Morrison and Wheadon (where he had legitimate reasons to be depressed) he's been written as either sad or whiney by pretty much every writer. It's ruined his character.
    Cyclops was right

I get that but Emma and Cuckoos generally overpower anyone (unless it's a cop out battle to show how powerful an untrained teen jean grey is *deep sigh in Bendis's direction*).

Agreed, Emma is more skilled but she lacks the unstoppable force the cuckoos give her. Not to tell her short, she's pretty powerful in her own right but physical constructs and breaching multiple people with great telepathic resistance seems beyond her.
    Emma overpowered the Cuckoos in Warsong.

Frost is glorious I hope the White Queen gets to checkmate the Royal Family and get her revenge. Destroying the cloud and laying mistrust within Queen Medusa and the nuhumans should suffice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was that Dazzler at the Hellfire Club? She could be a great ace in the hole against Black Bolt.
    I like this. It makes sense. I havent kept up with that all female comic, but arnt her and medusa in it? Plus, she might be able to use black bolt voice??? Plus blue nails.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It was good that this took place over months and that we got to see Beast gradually lose his confidence. Also, how did Emma get a video of Blackbolt killing Cyke if it was a mental projection? Can she make holograms now?
    She made a CGI movie for the media? The idee was to show "Scott" speach and death to the world.

Why would it be a cop out that she needs the Cuckoos to breach their minds when doing her global announcements but she can take down the defences of multiple Inhumans and mutants solo plus projecting it physically so someone can get video of it? Don't buy it. Emma is powerful but she's not that strong.

But thanks for clarifying, thought my memory of #2 was shot xD
    How long i know, the Cuckoos are not that strong by themselves; but they can boost Emma greatly.

Jean always has been stronger than Emma.

I'd like to point out that Beast was able to contain a sliver of the cloud in a tube in the first few pages of this issue. And that woman at the end could be Dazzler, Selene, Mystique or Sage.

Dazzler spying in A-Force.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-30-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    I like this. It makes sense. I havent kept up with that all female comic, but arnt her and medusa in it? Plus, she might be able to use black bolt voice??? Plus blue nails.
    She can definitely use BB's voice. It made her go mega-Omega back in her solo series. Of course, who at Marvel could be bothered by silly things like continuity these days?

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Those NewHumans are smarmy little douchebags. People are dying, assholes.

BANNED

Soule actually mentioned the Dazzler/Black Bolt fight in an interview with Jay and Miles actually.