Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, the theory is it could be the pre-Flashpoint iteration and that Geneticron is responsible for him being here. Because it was pointed out that Doomsday from the recent Action arc was the pre-FP Doomsday, so the group that had him, Geneticron, had to have traversed time and space somehow to attain him. If they could do that with one pre-FP Superman villain, why not another? Further, in a flashback panel showing Doomsday still in containment at Genetitcron, we see there's another containment pod that is breached and empty. So there was definitely something else there that has since broken free.
    Note that Superman says there's at least one extra pod. Could be more than one.

I lean towards Lex, Lois, and/or Nuperman being from the pod.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Well, the theory is it could be the pre-Flashpoint iteration and that Geneticron is responsible for him being here. Because it was pointed out that Doomsday from the recent Action arc was the pre-FP Doomsday, so the group that had him, Geneticron, had to have traversed time and space somehow to attain him. If they could do that with one pre-FP Superman villain, why not another? Further, in a flashback panel showing Doomsday still in containment at Genetitcron, we see there's another containment pod that is breached and empty. So there was definitely something else there that has since broken free.
    I'd be willing to bet that the third Clark came from that Geneticron pod.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    No, people known that Mr El isn't the Superman that they have in the last years and he hasn't said that he is.
    Ah, good to know. That cover in which we see Superman smiling among a lot of people with banners with the phrase "he lives" had a pretty negative impact on me.

5 issues, and no he didn't trash talk the New 52 in the process, i think that he took a jab on it in the AC#964 and i guest that you could say the same about the whole Lois situation but i doubt the anybody cared about New 52 Lois Lane. Also the same arc has Luthor and Superman cooperating in spite of mutual disdain and set up the clues for the long running plot. It isn't the most sofisticated writing of the whole world but is not as bad as some people said. I admit than the whole MaLois business is iffy, but if i could get throught Superior Spider-Man, i can get throught this
    Really? That's not what I've heard from a few folks here, especially when talking about Jurgens' run. Agree on Lois (which is hardly the character's fault), but that's no excuse, you know.

With all due respect dude, that pure rubbish. Under that logic New 52 Superman was ruined when he became addicted (because lets face it, there isn't other way to classified that situation) to the Solar Flare and went full buzzcut and T-Shirt.
    No worries. And agreed. The solar flare/depowered Superman and the whole truth fiasco were the things that ruined him. And instead of IMPROVING the writing and the stories (new52 Lois included, because I think she can be a great character) the idiots at DC chose to go the easy route and hit the goddamned reboot/retcon/reset button. AGAIN.

And that's why I mentioned the writing. Had they done that after that other crapfest named Grounded (which AFAIK was NOT JMS's fault, but freaking editorial), DC wouldn't have had "the need" for new52.

Incredible Member

How things work at DC:

-This character isn't selling as well as he did. What do we do?
    -We stop doing crap and we put a new, good writer with a clear direction?
    -Nah, that would be too easy. LET'S REBOOT EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH AGAIN.

Repeat ad infinitum

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    How things work at DC:

Repeat ad infinitum
    Since 1986.

If I were in charge at DC the first thing I'd do is forbid reboots ever again. If the story direction isn't working you don't erase everything and start over. You utilize what's there, hire people with a clear vision,fix things in-story if you absolutely must and go from there. I'm convinced that all of these reboots is why Superman struggles in the comics. We don't need his origins retold AGAIN. Just tell Superman stories for God sake!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Since 1986.

If I were in charge at DC the first thing I'd do is forbid reboots ever again. If the story direction isn't working you don't erase everything and start over. You utilize what's there, hire people with a clear vision,fix things in-story if you absolutely must and go from there. I'm convinced that all of these reboots is why Superman struggles in the comics. We don't need his origins retold AGAIN. Just tell Superman stories for God sake!
    You could even say Barry Allen was the first example of this!

Incredible Member

Since 1986.

THIS 1000%. What I really hate about being a Superman Fan are arguments we have over which version is the best. Currently Nuperman vs. Superdad. Fixes should always be in continuity..... And you know what else? If a Run truly sucks... IGNORE IT Canon shouldn't override common sense.

Aside from very minor things, isn't Superdad and Superbro the same?

Spectacular Member

The Andrew Robinson variant for Superman 14 gives a pretty good hint about how Multiplicity will lead into Superman Reborn. Its also an awesome cover:

http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/00...erman14var.jpg

Don't tell me they are going to kill the remaining Supermen in the Multiverse? Thanks to Darkseid and Superdoom there aren't many left.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Don't tell me they are going to kill the remaining Supermen in the Multiverse? Thanks to Darkseid and Superdoom there aren't many left.
    If they kill Red Son Superman how is that exactly going to work? His story has a definite ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    How things work at DC:

Repeat ad infinitum

MIC DROP!!!!

Here, here!! Amen!!!
    <clap, clap, clap>
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Incredible Member

I can't wait. I am loving the Superman titles!

Since 1986.

You beautiful bastard.

Well said and agreed!

Anyone remember when the Punisher was a angel/zombie-thing hunting demons? It ended when Ennis took over and basically had Frank say "screw this" and leave.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    The Andrew Robinson variant for Superman 14 gives a pretty good hint about how Multiplicity will lead into Superman Reborn. Its also an awesome cover:

http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/00...erman14var.jpg
    My only thing is, I doubt this has to do with reborn because Didio and Geoff Johns said the rebirth mystery didn't have to do with the multiverse storylines, so unless they were just lying, I think that is seperate from what is going on with Oz and the Watchmen characters.

Though obviously, it's been a year since those initial rebirth interviews and things could have changed as they had more editorial meetings