Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Huntress and power girl

Just wondering if we'll see them in the rebirth series

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

If we're talking about Helena Wayne, she wouldn't fit Clutter Earth/Earth-0/Earth 1.5, or whatever you call it.

I'm not sure if Peej would fit either.

Ditch the current Earth-2 mess. In Infinite Crisis, they brought back an Earth-2 that was pretty close to the pre-Crisis version. Restore that world, and put Helena Wayne and Peej there. Maybe stick Infinity Inc. on Earth-2 as well.

BANNED

Power Girl was mentioned briefly in Harley Quinn #1, so she might turn up there. If that's the case then the Prime Earth may be her permanent home once again. I'd like her to be on the New JSA once they're fully restored in the present.

Earth 2: Society is coming to a close. I haven't seen anything about how that planet, or its inhabitants are going to be handled after this story's conclusion. We also don't have a clue as to how the JSA is coming back, just that they are. We don't even know if the two situations are connected. It's an easy jump to guess they will be, but they really don't need to be.

Anyway, how many characters on the main Earth are wearing an S shield? Can Kara (and Val Zod) fit in? I can see Helena Wayne fitting in a lot better than another Kryptonian powered character. Helena is an adult Batman kid. There's a view there that we don't get with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Earth 2: Society is coming to a close. I haven't seen anything about how that planet, or its inhabitants are going to be handled after this story's conclusion. We also don't have a clue as to how the JSA is coming back,...
    Nor where they are coming back. We just had Johnny Thunder babbling in DC Universe: Rebirth something about the JSA apparently disappearing after the 1950 HUAC hearings, and we've had Kent Nelson in Doctor Fate mentioning his being connected with the JSA in the past.
    (Anybody else know any specific JSA references within any Rebirth stories that have been published so far?

And, by the way, if the idea is to work off of a JSA that disappeared in the 1950s and have them suddenly return to the present on the main DC Earth, that would sort of logically remove the likelihood of having 1970's introduced Power Girl and Huntress being included.

We already have an Earth-0 Huntress in Helena Bertinelli, which hurts Helena Wayne's chances of coming over, but Power Girl is popular enough that she could probably make the jump successfully and rejoin the main Earth JSA like she did Post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    N
    (Anybody else know any specific JSA references within any Rebirth stories that have been published so far?
    A vision of Jay Garrick's helmet appeared in a vision Barry Allen had in an issue of The Flash.

BANNED

Earth 2: Society is coming to a close. I haven't seen anything about how that planet, or its inhabitants are going to be handled after this story's conclusion. We also don't have a clue as to how the JSA is coming back, just that they are. We don't even know if the two situations are connected. It's an easy jump to guess they will be, but they really don't need to be.

Anyway, how many characters on the main Earth are wearing an S shield? Can Kara (and Val Zod) fit in? I can see Helena Wayne fitting in a lot better than another Kryptonian powered character. Helena is an adult Batman kid. There's a view there that we don't get with Damian.
    Kara doesn't normally wear an S-shield, if you know what I mean

I don't think redundancy will be an issue as long as she instantly switches costumes.

And, by the way, if the idea is to work off of a JSA that disappeared in the 1950s and have them suddenly return to the present on the main DC Earth, that would sort of logically remove the likelihood of having 1970's introduced Power Girl and Huntress being included.
    If the JSA returns in such a way that they've had experiences in the present day (like when Wally remembered Jay), then it's entirely possible that Kara and Helena could have hung with the JSA during their time on the main Earth. We're dealing with missing years in a superhero universe. Making stuff up is easy.

If the JSA returns in such a way that they've had experiences in the present day (like when Wally remembered Jay), then it's entirely possible that Kara and Helena could have hung with the JSA during their time on the main Earth. We're dealing with missing years in a superhero universe. Making stuff up is easy.
    But they run the risk of "making stuff up" that then causes the characters to stray too much from what buyers wanted / hoped for / expected.
    (Not that they would ever do something like that with characters based on the Golden Age originals . . . )

But they run the risk of "making stuff up" that then causes the characters to stray too much from what buyers wanted / hoped for / expected.
    (Not that they would ever do something like that with characters based on the Golden Age originals . . . )
    Yeah, it could suck. But we run that risk with most any book or series. All I'm saying is it wouldn't be that hard to come up with something that could tie Helena and Kara into an Earth 0 JSA. I am hoping DC's taking the time to work out details on this and am going to withhold judgment until I see what they've done. Rose-colored glasses? Maybe.

Powergirl needs to come back to DC main, she should/could be the Superman side's Nightwing. Huntress not so much. Sorry Helena Wayne fans. They reintroduced a new version of Bertinelli, and there is an abundance of Bat characters that they struggle to find things for them to do as is. She's not a bad character, but i don't see her how she would fit. IMO bringing here back to DC main would just needlessly complicate and clutter things for them.

We get it with Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-29-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Powergirl needs to come back to DC main, she should/could be the Superman side's Nightwing. Huntress not so much. Sorry Helena Wayne fans. They reintroduced a new version of Bertinelli, and there is an abundance of Bat characters that they struggle to find things for them to do as is. She's not a bad character, but i don't see her how she would fit. IMO bringing here back to DC main would just needlessly complicate and clutter things for them.
    Unfortunately, I agree. Unless Helena Wayne were to cross back over from the Earth 2 she got exiled to and either changed her code name or got Bertinelli to change the code name she just recently adopted.
    (And Bertinelli fans better not give me any crap saying Bertinelli had the "Huntress" name first, because she didn't.)

I wish both could go back to the main Earth and stay there, but I don't see it happening. Power Girl will probably eventually work her way back as she is popular enough, but Helena Wayne is sort of out of luck. Which is sad as I wish they could have done more with her getting closer to these younger versions of her parents and integrated her into the Batman family, but now the Batman family is too crowded and there is already another Huntress running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We get it with Dick.
    I disagree. With Dick, we have a youth who worked closely with Batman and may understand him better than anyone else, but Dick (and Jason and Barbara and Kate and Tim, and even Alfred to an extent) aren't blood family. It's the difference between dealing with a father and dealing with a very close friend/coworker. I think it helps to differentiate Helena from the other bat characters.

I disagree. With Dick, we have a youth who worked closely with Batman and may understand him better than anyone else, but Dick (and Jason and Barbara and Kate and Tim, and even Alfred to an extent) aren't blood family. It's the difference between dealing with a father and dealing with a very close friend/coworker. I think it helps to differentiate Helena from the other bat characters.
    With Dick we have a 21 year old who was actually raised by Batman, blood is irrelevant. I don't see what view Helena as adult Batman's kid could give us that we couldn't get or haven't already gotten with Dick. Especially with main DC's Batman, as she is another worlds Batman's kid and wasn't raised by main DC's Batman or even acknowledged. Unlike Dick who was, and who we ourselves have actually seen Bruce raise and bring up.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-29-2016 at 05:54 PM.