Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default Anyone is disappointed that Rachel is hiding her hound markings again?

I understand that such stuff may scare the public but she kept them visible for a reason nowadays. With her hiding them again it's like her character is regressing somewhat in my opinion.

Rachel's character shouldn't be made ashamed of overcoming what happened to her nor should the truth be hidden because the public would prefer a pretty non-hound marked face and not think that what happened to her could still happen presently.

BANNED

I'm much more disappointed in her getting yet another tacky costume and what has to be the worst codename I've heard in years.

BANNED

I'm taking it as a sign of her not living in the past.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm taking it as a sign of her not living in the past.
    That's what I'm taking it as as well. She only was forced back into the facial tattoos by Yost when he chose to reset/regress her following Kingbreaker. She was over them before, she can be over them again. I just hope that mask or other thing above her eye is an artist error or looks better/different in the book.

Rachel no longer hiding the marks was her overcoming her past and looking forward instead of hiding and being ashamed that she's a survivor. It was also a positive step towards getting psst her severe ptsd that still effects her character when written well.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I'm much more disappointed in her getting yet another tacky costume and what has to be the worst codename I've heard in years.
    I'll give it time.

Seems like they want Rachel to look more heroic and the name Prestige is more appealing to kids and the public.

Amazing Member

I'm neutral on it. The marks weren't drawn consistently and I never much liked them thick and red. I preferred them as thin black lines.

Since the writer addressed her past in what I felt was an effective way last time he wrote her, I have no problem with him moving her beyond that past, Hound marks or not.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty empowering for her to show them and stop caring about hiding. And the worst part is that... there's still something(even more weird) on her face. So leaving the marks would be better.

I have no problem with that everyone at some point in their lives like changing something in themselves. As long as she's happy and determined to do it of her own free will do not see problems as would not see problems with her wanting to keep the marks as proof of her past.

Personally I'm more interested in knowing what the writer reserves for the character as it seems that she will be an important figure in this new phase .

I wish she had an interesting new name and a nice new look but we can not have everything we want.

its because of the movie. "the prestige" their is even a Mesmer talent in GW2 called this.

BANNED

I don't get what was wrong with Marvel Girl OR Phoenix. I remember thinking that the reasoning for her taking the Marvel Girl name was a nice character moment for her, and Rachel will ALWAYS be connected to the Phoenix, and it's a name that sells. Prestige is not only a clumsy name, but it's also a case of telling over showing (i.e., it's telegraphing that Rachel is accomplished and respected and all that).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    its because of the movie. "the prestige" their is even a Mesmer talent in GW2 called this.
    I'm fairly certain that Rachel's new codename has absolutely nothing to do with a character ability from a mediocre MMO.

I'm fairly certain that Rachel's new codename has absolutely nothing to do with a character ability from a mediocre MMO.
    First panel of the comic, she is playing an MMORPG. and comes out as a total nerd.

I don't get what was wrong with Marvel Girl OR Phoenix. I remember thinking that the reasoning for her taking the Marvel Girl name was a nice character moment for her, and Rachel will ALWAYS be connected to the Phoenix, and it's a name that sells. Prestige is not only a clumsy name, but it's also a case of telling over showing (i.e., it's telegraphing that Rachel is accomplished and respected and all that).
    Issue is that she's not a girl any longer, lost all of the Phoenix powers and that they tied her too much as Jean 2.0 despite being a completely different character.

With the more heroic take that Gold is going for I can understand why she's going through these changes.

After all, I'm sure the public isn't too keen on anyone running around as Phoenix.

Nope. They look stupid.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    After all, I'm sure the public isn't too keen on anyone running around as Phoenix.
    This I agree with. Especially post-AvX. But how many times is Marvel going to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks when it comes to Rachel Summers?